Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • comedyzen
    • May 2009

Sushiritto?!?!? Ummmm, please don't disgrace the SF contingent by recommending a place that has married sushi with a fu@king burrito.

I did try it once and never again. Sushi should be oily and buttery with a dab of wasabi and a spot of soy, not chewy and al dente smothered in spicy mayo.

You might as well recommend Lee's Deli (not to be confused with Lee's Sandwiches which I ).

Comment

• Icarium
      • Oct 2010

Damn, keeping it real huh?? Haha. Though to be fair that does sound like the least appetizing concept I could think of. But to be extra fair I'm biased as I don't eat seafood.

Comment

• sinnedk
        Banned
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by trompel'oeil View Post
        Thank god for BART..or not.
        MUNI not bart

Comment

• Patroklus
          Banned
          • Feb 2011

There's nothing inherently wrong with fusion sushi. I've had some excellent rolls featuring things like cream cheese and sweet chili sauce. That said, it's hard to beat the delicious austerity of seasoned rice and good fish.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
            Is this going to be a menswear and womenswear event? It looks like I'll have to drag myself over there.
            I'll let you know soon.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• sinnedk
              Banned
              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              I'll let you know soon.
              please do

Comment

• darkbydesign
                • Sep 2010

Downtown is primarily women's but they've got tons of Unisex stuff and Archive is only a couple of blocks down. Downtown is a beautiful space and this event looks wonderful. Great job with the Guidi and SZ contingent passing through SF. Nice!

Comment

• gavagai
                  • May 2010

I'd assume both. In July DOWNTOWN will be stocking F/W 2012 menswear.

Comment

• coldcreep
                    • Jan 2012

I'll be in SF to see Pulp that week. I'll stop by on Thursday and check it out.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

So, there will be no men's for preorder, unfortunately (of course the bags and belts are unisex), but please come say hello anyway!
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

So, there will be no men's for preorder, unfortunately (of course the bags and belts are unisex), but please come say hello anyway!
                        Update. We just found out that there will be a limited edition men's 988 boot available at the event, so guys should swing by too!* This boot can be purchased beginning today by emailing Michael Kelter, Downtown's owner, at michael@downtownshop.com or at the event.* You can also email Michael directly to discuss men's custom and pre-orders.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Hey everyone,

I will be at Downtown tomorrow for most of the day for the Guidi event. If you guys want to come in the evening, then we can all go out after (the shop will close at 8). Would be great to hang out with SFers!

Also, you will be able to preview the second volume of StyleZeitgeist magazine in the flesh!

Oh, can you recommend good bkfst/bakeries? Staying near the embark aero Bart stop.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• sargon97
                            • Jan 2009

Regarding bakeries. I would just walk down to the ferry building and have a look around. Frog Hollow Farm has good coffee and some nice pastries and the like. There is also La Boulange on Union Street and a boudin bakery I think (both a bit more on the chain side of things).

Hey everyone,

I will be at Downtown tomorrow for most of the day for the Guidi event. If you guys want to come in the evening, then we can all go out after (the shop will close at 8). Would be great to hang out with SFers!

Also, you will be able to preview the second volume of StyleZeitgeist magazine in the flesh!

Oh, can you recommend good bkfst/bakeries? Staying near the embark aero Bart stop.

Comment

• theetruscan
                              • Jan 2008

If you're willing to hop on BART, get pastries at Tartine Bakery (16th & Mission is the nearest stop).

Ferry Building is a reasonable place to go for breakfast, but Tartine is jawdroppingly delicious. If you decide to hit Tartine, let me know, I may just have to break down and get a nibble (or 20) there...
                              Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• kompressorkev
                                • Dec 2006

Yes, was going to say Tartine! You can take the Bart towards Daly City, get off 16th and Mission, and walk a little bit to there.

A bit closer by to Embarcadero is the Ferry Building, certainly in walking distance. Boulettes Larder in the Ferry Building is a kind of a nice place for breakfast/brunch (though a bit pricey), but still very casual (not really a sit-down restaurant). 2 other things to note in the Ferry Building. For an excellent burger, try Prather Ranch's American Eatery (a takeout place), or 4505 meats kiosk (on Thursdays/Saturdays at the Farmer's Market right outside).

For a casual breakfast on Thursday or Saturday, i'd probably just grab some fruit from the Farmer's Market, some pastries from Della Fattoria (Farmer's Market kiosk on Saturdays only i think) or like sargon said Frog Hollow Farms, some jam, and some coffee (there's Blue Bottle and Peet's inside...i'm not a coffee connoisseur).

Anyway on SF generally, La Trappe for some beer and moules frites (it's in North Beach, just above downtown / chinatown. Sushi (and Japanese food in general) is not a strong point in SF, NY has much higher highs. Mexican is good in the Mission. But like with Vietnamese, Thai, or Indian food in my area, neighborhood's a bit sketch, so not sure if you want to come by at night...For pizza, i'm hearing Una Pizza Napoletana and Flour+Water (also for pasta) are great.

see you guys at Downtown tomorrow!

-------------------
                                links to said places:
                                Tartine, breakfast (Mission)
                                Boulette's Larder, breakfast/brunch (Ferry Building) + menu
                                Prather Ranch American Eatery, burger (Ferry Building)
                                4505 Meats, burger (Ferry Building Farmer's Market)
                                Della Fattoria, pastries (Ferry Building Farmer's Market)
                                Frog Hollow Farm, pastries (Ferry Building)
                                La Trappe, BEER + pub food (North Beach)
                                Una Pizza Napoletana, pizza (SOMA)
                                Flour + Water, pasta + pizza (Mission)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎