Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zak
    • May 2018

If you can’t fix it with a cobbler you can contact BBS studio and then ship them your bambas for repair.BBS takes their garments and shoes for repair, but they can charge repair fees, which they decide only after inspection of an item. They can’t tell you whether they charge or not in advance. Mind that all the shipping expenses are also on you side. Last week I shipped to BBS studio 3 pairs of bambas and some other items for repair. All my bambas are creaking while walking and BBS agreed to fix it.

Comment

• p2h
      • Jan 2014

Thanks for your answer but I have the feeling it is not an issue but litteraly they didn't put any heel counter in the shoe I'll send a mail to give a try

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by p2h View Post
        Thanks for your answer but I have the feeling it is not an issue but litteraly they didn't put any heel counter in the shoe I'll send a mail to give a try
        That's just how they are, there's no solution. (I have the same bambas and same thing is happening).
        I doubt sending them to BBS will be of any help. Don't waste your time and money on that.

just keep them as they are and wear them as they are. It's not really a problem, at least not for me.

Comment

• p2h
          • Jan 2014

Even with years of wear it didn’t break the heel ?
          I m actually worried about what could occur with years... I ll try another cobbler, sending to bbs workshop would be a non sense expense for a counter heel.

Comment

• upsilonkng
            • May 2010

i mean ur complaining about bambas not being built well, have u read this bbs section at all? half the posts here are about how much garbage bambas are, ur not playing tennis or bball or jogging in this, as far as walking into a bar from ur car and back these should work fine w/ out a heel counter. Other life things maybe not so much, i never thought that geobaskets could look so modern but when u compare prices and build quality they sure do look like a bargain.

Comment

• p2h
              • Jan 2014

Ok got it, I guess I worry too much... I have same problem on other shoes and the leather broke after 3 to 4 years so when I saw this I was very disappointed this happened with those shoes, but well.

Comment

• p2h
                • Jan 2014

And yes geobasket is my next stop

Comment

• Nickefuge
                  • Nov 2014

I’m wearing my Geobaskets for the 6th year now (with 1 repair) and I don’t think anything will stop me from continuing.
                  "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                  -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Hertz
                    • Dec 2018

Given current situation with an infamous plague I don't think I would advise to send the boots in the next few months if you don't want to get them lost.

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
                    i mean ur complaining about bambas not being built well, have u read this bbs section at all? half the posts here are about how much garbage bambas are, ur not playing tennis or bball or jogging in this, as far as walking into a bar from ur car and back these should work fine w/ out a heel counter. Other life things maybe not so much, i never thought that geobaskets could look so modern but when u compare prices and build quality they sure do look like a bargain.
                    I think the thing is that Bambas look much more solid than other boots (e.g, Geobaskets). Rick's boots look like regular $150 stuff to me.

Unfortunately perceived quality is not always real quality.

Comment

• p2h
                      • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Hertz View Post
                      I think the thing is that Bambas look much more solid than other boots (e.g, Geobaskets). Rick's boots look like regular $150 stuff to me.

Unfortunately perceived quality is not always real quality.

What is pointed here is the BBS' low quality in shoemaking.
                      I have A1923 sneakers, nike sneakers, RO sneakers... all are reinforced, but BBS sneakers are just shitty made, it's incredible to put so much layers of leather (3) on side panel and not to reinforce the heel counter, this is the basic of shoe making, shoemakers are doing this since centuries...
                      how can you sell 1200 euros sneakers at retail price when they are so low quality ?
                      Sole shows slight heel drag after only 10 walks, pretty hard to walk in all day long even after breaking in, eyelets break laces (adding a zip would have been a smart move), Impossible to tie them tight so your foot is always slipping while walking even with the correct shoe size, tongue is curving at the outside of the shoe, no air eyelets (don't know the name in english sorry) so your feet remain pretty moist the whole day...
                      As I 've paid them as a bargain I don't mind spending some more euros over it, I'll wait after confinment wave and bring them to a cobbler to at least make them as I'd like : side zip, counter heel, stitched tongue, additionnnal outsole, adding air eyelets (?)...
                      Shouldn't be very expensive, and at least they would be perfectly wearable then.

But I won't buy BBS' sneakers twice. for the same price you can buy far better made shoes !

Comment

• upsilonkng
                        • May 2010

I have A1923 sneakers, nike sneakers, RO sneakers... all are reinforced, but BBS sneakers are just shitty made, it's incredible to put so much layers of leather (3) on side panel and not to reinforce the heel counter, this is the basic of shoe making, shoemakers are doing this since centuries...
                        how can you sell 1200 euros sneakers at retail price when they are so low quality ?
                        Sole shows slight heel drag after only 10 walks, pretty hard to walk in all day long even after breaking in, eyelets break laces (adding a zip would have been a smart move), Impossible to tie them tight so your foot is always slipping while walking even with the correct shoe size, tongue is curving at the outside of the shoe, no air eyelets (don't know the name in english sorry) so your feet remain pretty moist the whole day...
                        As I 've paid them as a bargain I don't mind spending some more euros over it, I'll wait after confinment wave and bring them to a cobbler to at least make them as I'd like : side zip, counter heel, stitched tongue, additionnnal outsole, adding air eyelets (?)...
                        Shouldn't be very expensive, and at least they would be perfectly wearable then.

But I won't buy BBS' sneakers twice. for the same price you can buy far better made shoes !
                        none of this is news though. bbs footwear looks cool is not made for anything other than shelves...

Comment

• Hertz
                          • Dec 2018

My friend, fully agree. In fact, that's what I said above. They look like they could survive the Armageddon, but unfortunately do not survive one mile of walking...

I don't regret buying my Bambas, though. Arguably not the best money I've spend, of course. But not a shitload of money, so no big worries.
                          Last edited by Hertz; 04-10-2020, 04:37 AM.

Comment

• dji
                            • Feb 2008

For what it's worth the BAMBA1's have a heel counter, as do the boots and shoes. I haven't had any quality issues with the pairs I own and tend to do long miles in my sneakers in particular.

Carol's diagonal zip boots don't have a heel counter either and that does result in a degree of leather fold/crush depending on your luck with the specific pair/leather. His other boots and shoes do however, and his drips and paper dart sneakers are more comfortable and durable than folks probably give them credit for.

Agree about the Rick's, reach for his sneakers more often than any other shoes as they're well built, durable and comfortable. That said the rubber on the more recent pairs (post the circa 2014 pink sole "limited editions") is softer so the heels wear faster. Also still have the same problem I've always had where the stitching between the upper and sole separates where the forefoot flexes regardless of the model. Rick's can be picked up at decent prices at the end of the season though compared to "artisanal" sneakers.

Comment

• p2h
                              • Jan 2014

Originally posted by dji View Post
                              Carol's diagonal zip boots don't have a heel counter either and that does result in a degree of leather fold/crush depending on your luck with the specific pair/leather. His other boots and shoes do however, and his drips and paper dart sneakers are more comfortable and durable than folks probably give them credit for.
                              all CCP tornado I ve seen had a heel counter, or it is directly stitched to the boot or on rooms You can basically even see the construction through leather.
                              Maybe old models were built like that but I didn’t have my hands on

And for rick’s footwear I had the problem you mention with my ramones, I just added some kind of mastic to flatten the inner sole. It was very annoying after some walks even hurting. Now it’s like I don’t even remember I had this issue.

Comment

• p2h
                                • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Hertz View Post
                                My friend, fully agree. In fact, that's what I said above. They look like they could survive the Armageddon, but unfortunately do not survive one mile of walking...

I don't regret buying my Bambas, though. Arguably not the best money I've spend, of course. But not a shitload of money, so no big worries.
                                I don’t regret neither, actually for the price I ve paid them it is fair enough (Darklands bargain) I was just disappointed about the product itself, I was expecting a "built like tank" Shoe.
                                But they remain a beautiful pair and they are great to pair with large pants, I like the crossover between big hip hop sneakers and trail shoes. The overall shoe’s aesthetic is very good.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎