• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by dji View Post
    I have heard pretty negative feedback regarding the quality of the SS18 collection, didn't know they were producing anything but footwear for the second season.
    It was so CLEAN. So unlike CDiem. But that's what the investors wanted, so...
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Abbelkönig
      • Sep 2014

I think what the investors wanted was a good return on their investment. Which they are not getting. That is something which is not difficult to see even from the outside.

If any enterprising forum member is interested in acquiring the trademark, I advise to set your watch for six months.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by dji View Post
        I have heard pretty negative feedback regarding the quality of the SS18 collection, didn't know they were producing anything but footwear for the second season.
        The price of the clothes is a little wonk to be honest. The shoes are pretty much the same with more option for customization and there are some weird sneakers with white soles that look straight from cinzia.

There will be many stockists in Europe so I would just hold out and wait. The price is also significantly lower than the original collections
        Originally posted by unwashed
        Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
        Originally posted by Ahimsa
        I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• dji
          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
          The price of the clothes is a little wonk to be honest. The shoes are pretty much the same with more option for customization and there are some weird sneakers with white soles that look straight from cinzia.

There will be many stockists in Europe so I would just hold out and wait. The price is also significantly lower than the original collections
          the prices for the Avantindietro-esque boots is definitely much lower than the original, tempting but as you said better to hold out and see how they turn out. at the least the footwear from the FW17 collection looks solid and true to the original works.

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

Original Carpe diem footwear with the quality, the simplicity and the design is still unparalleled in the artisanal market.

the only thing that came close was AV Feild, I had 2 wonderful pairs but had to sell because the last was just not for my feet and to stretch them would destroy the shape in a way i didn't want to. i respected the purity of the design

I haven't seen the new ones, but i still prefer the originals and when i can afford to, pick up good ones on the 2nd hand market.

the world has changed, new people own the brand now, and there is simply going to be new footwear with variations of the old and people are gonna have to decide if they want to support it or not.

At this stage i dont know why people give a shet about copying........(not typo) and not that i'm an advocate of copying either.

Its just that one of the most successful boot makers in our market is one accused of copying. But he makes damn good boots that stores buy AND SELL WELL, so what the hell.

unless Altieri had restarted the brand there was bound to be a change..........on top of that people buy businesses to make money on their investments and they are gonna do what it takes to make-dat-monay!!!...
            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Abbelkönig
              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by zamb View Post
              the world has changed, new people own the brand now, and there is simply going to be new footwear with variations of the old and people are gonna have to decide if they want to support it or not.

At this stage i dont know why people give a shet about copying........(not typo) and not that i'm an advocate of copying either.

Its just that one of the most successful boot makers in our market is one accused of copying. But he makes damn good boots that stores buy AND SELL WELL, so what the hell.

unless Altieri had restarted the brand there was bound to be a change..........on top of that people buy businesses to make money on their investments and they are gonna do what it takes to make-dat-monay!!!...
              Is there an equivalent idiom in English to "Fass dir mal an die eigene Nase"? ..

Originally posted by zamb View Post
              they need to respect and support avant garde designers and stop talking about 'commerce"
              there are a lot of really talented and determined designers here woh get very little support
              There is a lot of money being thrown around and a lot of time its wasted on people who should not even be in this industry because they got ZERO talent

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

pretty obviously talking about different things...
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• zamb
                  • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Abbelkönig View Post
                  Is there an equivalent idiom in English to "Fass dir mal an die eigene Nase"? ..
                  Maybe, but after 3 years of being a member here 2 posts is all you got to contribute?
                  even the talentless ones can do better.......
                  “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                  .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• dotcalm
                    • Jul 2017

hello all.
                    it's 3 am here and just read through the thread. i'm honored to have finally stumbled upon Carpe Diem, and only wish i'd done so earlier.

i just purchased my first pair. s21ms.
                    simply, i'm curious about the leather type.

can someone help me identify if it's destroyed horse, some type of calf, or deer skin
                    (the closest i've found to the peculiar texture in my research, some sort of subtle, speckled, dotted thing -- best visible in the last picture -- was deerskin, but this was for a pair of s23ms)?

thank you!

Last edited by dotcalm; 10-03-2017, 02:23 AM.

Comment

• thatoneguy
                      • Apr 2011

Have a look at pig leather

Comment

• k3mist
                        • Apr 2013

did anyone get a chance to see Altieris showroom?

Comment

• dotcalm
                          • Jul 2017

Originally posted by thatoneguy View Post
                          Have a look at pig leather
                          will do! thank you

so far, i believe the leather code is ND01?
                          looking into pig leather now

research links

Rare deerskin s23m, in fairly good condition, please view the attached images for an accurate depiction (as well as the incredible pattern on the leather). There is some scuffing/small cuts at the front, don't at all affect the usability/durability of the boots though. Size 42, fits 42-43. I...

does anyone know anything of/have experience with the quality of c.diem's deer leather?

Comment

• zero25mg
                            • Nov 2008

Man....This is the most depressing thing I have seen in a while.
                            Just delete this post if you want to.

CDM BY CARPEDIEM(シーディーエム バイ カルペディエム),SHIFFON公式通販サイト|SHIFFON ONLINE STORE

In continuation from Linea (Pursuit of Minimalism) and Sartoria (Focused leather product brand), This is the new Carpe diem apparel line. The brands strong obsession with quality of leather/cloth and stitching is obviously alive but in addition the atmosphere and aura that the brand emits has been recreated and Made in Japan through this totally new challenge. Jun Hashimoto who was part of the original carpe diem is participating from the labels first collection 17A/W.

You know I am usually proud of most of what comes out of my country, even the obscure MOE anime can be seen as creative but this is probably one of the first times I have ever felt ashamed to be Japanese.

Comment

• 13we2
                              • Sep 2015

Originally posted by zero25mg View Post
                              You know I am usually proud of most of what comes out of my country... this is probably one of the first times I have ever felt ashamed to be Japanese.
                              Did you invest in the brand or are you some sort of creative director/advisor to it?

Comment

• zero25mg
                                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by 13we2 View Post
                                Did you invest in the brand or are you some sort of creative director/advisor to it?

No mate....Americans do not have to be part of the Trump regime to feel some shame when he says something not entirely accurate right?
                                I only have 6 posts in 9 years but you made me waste 1.....

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎