X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Law
    • Dec 2013

Originally posted by darkbydesign View Post
    ^Weird. I've used them maybe 50 times without any issues, so maybe it's location dependent or something? But I've only used them while living in California and New York City, so pretty low bar I think.
    Yeah, it's once they ship outside the US things get dicey, as they use USPS and not a courier.
    USPS is notorious for having packages go missing and being tedious to track.

Comment

• Shifts
      • Jul 2013

Thank you for that insight. I prefer mediocre fragrances which smells bad, but each to their own.

Comment

• Vrax
        • Jan 2013

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with Nobile 1942's perfumes, specifically with their new lineup? About half a year ago, I tried out a couple of them in a local perfumery, and "Rudis" really stood out among the others - it has a brash, heavy opening filled with complex aromas, out of which I mostly got dried fruits and wine, some leather as well. My first impression was that although it has a bold character and really wasn't meant for everyday use, it was worth looking into for its sheer ferocity and its interesting combination of notes...added to that, I haven't smelled anything similar to it so far, not with such richness of flavor (some Frapin fragrances come in mind, although they are more on the whisky/liquor side).
        The thing that bothers me most is the longevity and projection, as many reviews seem to report that its heavy opening and aromas tend to die out heavily in a couple of hours, usually around 2-4. Another downside could be its high pricepoint (around 200 euros - think it's the most expensive one in their collection) :/

Comment

• mamooon
          • Jun 2015

Originally posted by darkbydesign View Post
          (...)
          Heeley - Cardinal
          Heeley - Verbena
          Heeley - Eau Sacre
          (...)
          Oh, i do love the Heeley-Verveine, it's so tingly and fresh and after while the citric touch is followed by sort of a discreet cassis-alike-smell with a touch of sour rhubarab. One of my faves for the summer.

This week i stumbled upon the (new) Escentric Molecules 4: As Molecule 04 is just Javanol (i.e. synthetic sandalwood) which bores me pretty quickly, i was immediately touched by Escentric 04 as it opens up with a hard-hitting grapefruit/lemon-alike smell and a slight touch of juniper and as the top notes slowly pass, then the Javanol shines thru and because of the Super Iso as the 'perfume enhancer' the powdery-woody smell stays for a pretty long time. During the last couple of days i figured out that Escentric 04 is simply perfect for the later afternoon, like a sundowner first i do enjoy the citric smell and when the evening hours and the night starts, the sandalwood with a touch of juniper makes me feel so comfortable.
          Escentric Molecules 04 celebrates the futuristic freshness of Javanol, a sheer sandalwood molecule, in two different fragrances. Escentric 04 - a formula. Molecule 04 - a molecule. An almost psychedelic freshness, by Geza Schoen. Shop Escentric Molecules 04 now.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
            • Apr 2013

Alright,

I took a 2 hour trip to smell the BBS fragrance, sounds ridiculous now that I type it out.
            There was only a sample so I could not purchase a third one. That sentence is also ridiculous.
            At first it smelled like rancid grapefruit or something straight from citrus valley, but after that quick initial shock, it turned into something extremely bbs-esque and I could see what some of you meant by Glue,
            I did not get any leathery tones but it certainly is identifiable 100% as something BBS.

Now to fight my battle with luckyscent.
            Atleast they are being pretty amicable about the whole ordeal.

I also found it extremely pleasant(after 30 minutes) and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.
            Originally posted by unwashed
            Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
            Originally posted by Ahimsa
            I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• darkbydesign
              • Sep 2010

I'd also recommend the new scent by Aedes de Venustas called Pelargonium. It's a very light spring scent with a geranium note surrounded by spices and a touch of incense and an almost green/mossy vibe which I enjoy. It has moss-carrot-leaf notes that combined with the geranium and incense sure do smell like a wonderful Spring rainy day in a fresh woodsy landscape. I'd highly recommend it if you like FM-Geranium pour Monsieur as this is a much more complex and aromatic scent but a nice continuation of that vibe with less floral notes and more green leafy / mossy tones.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                • Apr 2013

ok, a month later and I resolved the thing, but I will try to not deal with Luckyscent ever again, we will see who knows.

They sent me a sample of Bass Solo The Vagabond Prince not sure if anyone here has experienced it but would love to hear some opinions,
                I would not be surprised if it is super low level or something. I enjoyed the woody like smell of it, seems really nice for fall, but I am particularly looking for something that smells of really strong Oud or Frankincense if anyone has a good recommendation I would really appreciate it. I have Mad Et Len candles with these notes but it would be interesting if I had a proper fragrance with the same compositions.
                I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• zen dog
                  • Jan 2014

^ I have Pure Oud by Kilian and am very happy with it. It is rather expensive- $395 for 50ml, but incredibly long lasting and little is needed. I consider it a positive that the scent remains after washing.

Not to be applied, but if you really want to get into things, you can purchase frankincense. I think I found it here https://www.monasteryicons.com/. You have to buy a charcoal block, but the whole ritual can be fun and returns you to the religious use of this and other fragrances. You will come away with the scent clinging to your clothing- probably how things started.
                  Last edited by zen dog; 05-26-2017, 04:55 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                    • Apr 2013

damn this is serious.

I will try to check out the Kilian in America when I go, but the monestaryicons is a very good suggestion, I wonder if I can find a Buddhist equivalent with the same sort of options, although I could just technically buy incense from the temples. This suggestion was rather unorthodox and made me laugh a little bit, I will report back with results If end up doing this path for those curious.

Comment

• zen dog
                      • Jan 2014

When I was in Spain one of my regrets was that I didn't purchase some incense a seller was burning outside one of the churches. I'll wear CDC Avignon when I want to feel churchy, but it doesn't have the sense of place the incense would have provided.

I like your Buddhist equivalent idea and your sense of play and inquiry. I purchased and burned a variety of incense from Monastary Icons. I forgot to mention how much the "smoke" can permeate whatever fabric is around, so be careful where and how long you burn it.

Hope you try something and hope to hear about it.

Comment

• DollyDagger
                        • Oct 2017

Love Byredo's Oud Immortel and Gypsy Water.

Comment

• eleves
                          • Sep 2012

Does anyone have any experience with Meo Fusciuni? Are there any scents you'd recommend? What's the quality like - fragrance wise, time wise, etc?
                          Originally posted by Faust
                          HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• mobotak
                            • Oct 2017

That's what I like, and I also use sweet smelling perfumes more.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mobotak View Post
                              That's what I like, and I also use sweet smelling perfumes more.
                              Signature material
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• byhand
                                • Dec 2011

I don't think I've ever seen House of Matriarch mentioned here. Can any of you fragrance heads recommend any of the particular scents? I've experienced coco blanc and like it but don't want to wear it. I may buy the high perfumery sample set but am thinking it may be better to pick a few particular fragrances to sample that will likely work best for me. Any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎