X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • whitney
    • Dec 2009

agree w/lanvin flats.

also would try out miu mius, they're also super comfy as well and sometimes a bit more embellished then lanvins..although theres a cheetah print currently floating around somewhere..
    you stole my signature :insert mad face:

Comment

• tricotineacetat
      • Aug 2009

Lieven Bonne for Olivier Theyskens at Rochas, FW'06

Comment

• rider
        eyes of the world
        • Jun 2009

unadulterated SEX

Comment

• tricotineacetat
          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by rider View Post
          unadulterated SEX
          yes, but in an undeniably tasteful, classy manner, non?

Comment

• tricotineacetat
            • Aug 2009

Pierre Hardy wedge sandals from FW'06, as far as I remember. I really enjoy the Black suede/metallic gold contrast on these!

Comment

• tricotineacetat
              • Aug 2009

Ankle wedge boots from the same season... The Palais Royal boutique had these in an all black suede/patent version which were divine in their simplicity and shape... definitely one of my most favourite Hardy's ever!

Comment

• rider
                eyes of the world
                • Jun 2009

Originally posted by tricotineacetat View Post
                yes, but in an undeniably tasteful, classy manner, non?
                no question. i meant it in a good way. scott posted this on tFS, speaks for itself.

i wish i had those silver/black pierre hardy ankle boots. they are sharp and even a bit alien...in a good way.

Comment

• tricotineacetat
                  • Aug 2009

Originally posted by desoloSOS View Post
                  handful i am fond of

Those Ohne Titel boots are seriously to die for... they definitely command for a particular attitude but look awesome on... particularly in this shade of grey

Comment

• tricotineacetat
                    • Aug 2009

no question. i meant it in a good way.

i wish i had those silver/black pierre hardy ankle boots. they are sharp and even a bit alien...in a good way.
                    They were perfection in the cutting - the perfect round toe, and the right kind of tapering for the heel to give them just enough sleekness while at the same time retaining a certain Ziggy Stardust-esque androgyny... Rick's men's wedges seriously aren't close to a substitute!

I lusted for them while I was on a poorly-paid assistant designer job in Paris so of course I couldn't afford them while they were regularly priced... then when I saved it all up during the sales, the shop assistant told me they sold just the day before I came to buy them... a major heartbreak!

Comment

• tricotineacetat
                      • Aug 2009

scott posted this on tFS, speaks for itself.

Yes, that is one beautiful image. Though I prefer the Melissa Auf der Maur picture in which she wears the crossed hook and eye corseted gown... brings back some fond Theyskens memories from the early 2000s, particularly the infamous Smashing Pumpkins video in which the whole band wore similar costumes

Those boots, in a way, were a perfect continuation of his refined gothic elegance from the early years - They're very Victorian but could just as well perfectly accompany a modern arch angel's costume. He's had similar boots the fall season before which weren't produced because of technical problems with the fabric. Anyway, these ones were quite a bit nicer with the faux lacing, characteristic topstitching and the straight heel...

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Those Hardy alien boots do look cool. The Titel too, sans the chains.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mona13
                          • Feb 2009

Marsell has some really great fall shoes. I saw the collection earlier this week at Barneys, and the leathers are amazingly soft.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

the top ones are adorable!
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

those top ones would be nice if it weren't for the insanely chunky heel, throws off the proportions imo.

kind of same for the other pairs as well, I think all of them would look better with a slightly slimmer heel, particularly the last pair as I really like everything else about the shape and cut.
                              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• tricotineacetat
                                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                                those top ones would be nice if it weren't for the insanely chunky heel, throws off the proportions imo.

kind of same for the other pairs as well, I think all of them would look better with a slightly slimmer heel, particularly the last pair as I really like everything else about the shape and cut.
                                I agree on this point - Which is part of the reason why I always find something rather off with Marsèll's women's footwear... It's not the overall chunkier aesthetic of a shoe, since both Ann and Rick do this aesthetic beautifully and their designs constantly show that tough footwear can also have an element of grace about them... The first one seems a lot more 'balanced' and I suppose it's a realistic, comfortable height, making them a solid day-heel to wear with everything. The two other designs following it are shapes they definitely had in the collection for a longer while and that I'm farmiliar with... and I'm afraid they don't do much for me...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎