Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • editevening
    • Nov 2008

agreed. If you swapped in Rick's usually very interesting take on bottoms/footwear you'd have a f/w collection everyone would be happy with.
    #nevernotalmostshopping

Comment

• TarHeart
      • Jun 2009

As soon as I laid my eyes on the first look, I thought, this is going to be fantastic. And my intuition was right! Look, after look, after look... This collection is so extremely focused, and the aesthetic vision is sharp as a knife.

This is without doubt my favorite collection from Gareth Pugh. I echo, this is elegant, refined and maybe most important - not overdone. The selection of colors is also spot-on.

I'm impressed. Gareth really show talent. Most interesting collection since Ann Demeulemeester men 2010. At least in my book.

Comment

• Sombre
        • Jan 2009

I like all of this, including the menswear. It's very coherent in presentation from look to look. Some die-hard Pugh fans may be disappointed that it isn't as geometric and aesthetically challenging as some of his previous work, but I think it's a step in the right direction (I do wonder how much of it was influenced by LVMH backing).

The only question I have is: if, as Shye said, Pugh wanted to convey a woman who chews men up and spits them out, where does that leave the men in this collection? They certainly don't look like the victims.
        An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
        I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• pierce
          Banned
          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
          The only question I have is: if, as Shye said, Pugh wanted to convey a woman who chews men up and spits them out, where does that leave the men in this collection? They certainly don't look like the victims.
          Her gay man servants?

Comment

• swami
            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            This is the first Pugh collection that I like. It's pretty cool. I am afraid that, for once, he'd outdone his mentor.
            That was my reaction too , right after

This is really excellently executed, Beautiful fabrics, cuts drapes even the mens stuff is great ,its his own defined aesthetic

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
              Eunuchs.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• creature atelier
                • Mar 2009

I'm sorry am I looking at the same show that everyone is raving about and seem to think is better than Rick. I don't think so. Its such a rip off of Rick it's not even funny,
                1. The hair style.. umm ..think we saw this for Release spring 2010
                2. Leather jackets with the ribbing on the inner sleeve yes Rick Owens
                and if you see any of the cape like Palais Royal or Lillies jackets I swear they are the same pattern except with Pugh like chevrons on them. And the knits as well, it was basically a Rick pattern a la Pugh.

This was hardly new ,hardly directional ,and the menswear was like a ba degree show, superfulous details and ill fitting tailoring .

For all the Rick fans on this site im so surprised to read your praises of this collections and to say he surpasses Rick, derivative yes surpasses ... hardly!!!!!

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                  • Nov 2006

Originally posted by creature atelier View Post
                  For all the Rick fans on this site im so surprised to read your praises of this collections and to say he surpasses Rick, derivative yes surpasses ... hardly!!!!!
                  i don't like this if that helps...

gareth has always borrowed far too much from his mentor for my liking and this is of course no exception. not a fan of how he cuts the body [man or women], seems totally overlooked. The clothes always fit so awkwardly on the models, and his work rarely addresses anything more than a jacket, leaving the rest a boring afterthought and carried over for the last three seasons...[those hugo boss looking pants are terrible]..you could have put anyone of these looks in any of his last three shows and not batted an eye. old Gareth seemed like it had a lot more substance to it than this dressed-up leather bondage goth-punk rick-rip... that's my take at least.
                  Last edited by andrewislasorad; 03-04-2010, 08:23 PM.

Comment

• creature atelier
                    • Mar 2009

glad someone else sees it too!! I'm not alone

Comment

• skelerope
                      • Jul 2009

I disagree with the people who are bagging this season out..

To put it simply, stop comparing every designer's work to Rick Owens. The jackets are only in a quarter of the outfits and still more impressive. Rick Owens was not the first designer to use this hairstyle on the runway or many other techniques Gareth has used in his garment construction.

Only found myself having to adjust to the mens trousers, I'm really appreciating the new take on his older silhouettes, the new tailoring and footwear.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        Eunuchs.
                        Exactly! I didnt specify what parts this aggressive siren chose to chew up and spit out.

merz: spot on again! Both gazza and rick borrow and share ideas and shapes in both their collections.Gazza used the same neoprene backed leather that rick used for his aw mens collection.
                        You only have to get to the 3rd section of the rick show to se gazza written all over it.

I think people are aplauding this collection(aswell as myself) because it is gazzas most refined work to date.
                        Look at the words people are using to describe it, elegant,refined,wearable. Words never used to describe gazza. And the one word that often is,is not mentioned.....theatrical!

It was a brave move on gazza's part.And a step in the right direction.
                        As back during the ss10 shows,lami was over heard saying gazza needs to pull his finger out and make stuff a bit more wearable and change it up a bit.

He definately pulled his finger out!
                        Last edited by SHYE_POSER; 03-05-2010, 02:00 AM.
                        merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• genevieveryoko
                          • Sep 2009

too much leather...
                          http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• anatomicut
                            • Jun 2009

by years
                            gareth clothes more wearable remaining hid signature .
                            expect his next collections.
                            it will be more good

Comment

• Enaml
                              • Apr 2009

I think this collection breaks this trend. At least to some extent. I must admit I quite like it.
                              How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• mass
                                • Sep 2006

does the fact that gareth can do a pretty good rick mean rick's vision is really not as broad as he gets credit for? a designer like mcqueen could never be replicated... sagmeister once said style=fart, and ian anderson said (paraphrasing) 'if you have a style you might as well get somebody else to do your work'; and of course many tried to copy tDR unsuccessfully.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎