X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • the-orb
    • Jun 2009

From the GQ article: "The most expensive pair of boots, $2,600."

I'm not impressed. We can surely beat that with our $3000+ m_morias and Augustas, hehe.

I noticed that when I first read that sentence it did not even seem stunning. It's good to remind oneself every once in a while how SZ can skew one's own price perception .

Comment

• nathaliew817
      • Sep 2014

Before I started shopping with her at Gucci, I could count on one finger the number of compliments I got from strangers on what I was wearing. Now I get dozens, 99 percent of them from women and gays and African-Americans who appreciate go-for-it style. No wonder male heterosexual whites are aimed toward obsolescence, boring the rest of us to death.
      Just read the Gucci addiction article and this immediately caught my eye. Though it's a generalization, I thought it was funny.

I do get the most (not all) 'i don't get what you're wearing' comments from my straight male colleagues. The other 'i don't get what you're wearing' is 99% of small town folk :D

Maybe this should go under 'strangers reaction to your clothes' but well...
      V A N II T A S

Comment

• Peasant
        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
        That seems careless and foolish only for an uninteresting person.
        So to be interesting one must be financially irresponsible? It's clear that she was trying to make that a point. If you're willing to plunge into debt, head first, and that puts you into a situation that will likely have a drastically negative effect on your life for a god-damn jacket.. yeah, you're dumb.

The Gucci article is insane. Everyone should read it.
        Last edited by Peasant; 09-28-2014, 07:59 PM.

Comment

• DudleyGray
          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
          So to be interesting one must be financially irresponsible? It's clear that she was trying to make that a point. If you're willing to plunge into debt, head first, and that puts you into a situation that will likely have a drastically negative effect on your life for a god-damn jacket.. yeah, you're dumb.

The Gucci article is insane. Everyone should read it.
          No, not the money. There are just so many more ways in life to be careless and irresponsible that makes buying an expensive thing boring. Who would even find this article worth reading except maybe people who know Rick? Would it have had the same effect if it was a used Hyundai? Although, Buzz did manage to take irresponsible consumerism out of mundane territory.
          bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Peasant
            • Jul 2009

I never commented on how interesting it was. Nor did I say it was worth reading.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎