• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Acid, Bitter and Sad
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
    sheepskin is thicker and comparable softness as kanga
    I now have four animals in my farm. looking frwd to the soft horse and baby calf, the mere thought of which makes me feel like I'm watching to catch a predator.
    How does your horse compare to the donkey?

Comment

• eckblk
      • Mar 2010

I have the rev stag and I'd have to say it's definitely up the with the softest.

Comment

• comex9
        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Acid, Bitter and Sad View Post
        How does your horse compare to the donkey?
        one of them can reproduce

Comment

• Torchiere
          • May 2009

I think you're thinking of mules.

Comment

• random
            • Dec 2007

i believe softness also largely depends on treatment. that comes to case when comparing kangaroo, calf and sheepskin. some deerskin is extremely soft as well.
            I don't exist.

Comment

• fadetogrey
              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by coccodrillo View Post
              Fade to Grey - your aubergine boots are beautiful - may I ask - what colours in your wardrobe do you find they work best with - I am considering ordering the back zips in dark purple soft horse as I missed out on your boots.
              Black and faded black! I like to channel Ann's F08 palette with her use of purple and black. I would consider brown too, but I don't have any brown in my wardrobe, though I was thinking about the flowered pants below, but I don't know.

(my palette inspiration)

I should also say I never got my tax back from the German government I sent away for after I bought them Or maybe they're just reeeeeeealy slow.

Comment

• coccodrillo
                • Nov 2009

The Ann print works for me - her aesthetic is growing on me. It may be a good idea to get the store you bought from to contact the german tax people to get your refund as this might help speed up the process. When the money turns up it will be the same happy feeling gotten when finding cash in the pocket of a jacket you haven't worn in a while

Comment

• todestrieb
                  • Mar 2009

A conversation about Guidi leathery just isn't complete without these two fine creatures of the good Lord.

You can have your horses and donkeys, stags and goats,
                  but give me these two any day.

Comment

• comex9
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Torchiere View Post
                    I think you're thinking of mules.
                    correction... thanks

Comment

• kuugaia
                      • Feb 2010

The left boot of my Donkey backzip feels much more tougher and stiff than my right boot, noticeably so. The left boot hasn't softened or creased as much as the right either. Would take pictures but it's hard to depict texture.

Has anybody else experience inconsistancy between the leathers of their boots? Any ideas on how to 'mend' them? Conditioner? Although it's not that bothersome thus far.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                        • Mar 2009

I have the same issue but with opposite feet.
                        Not reallya problem per se as i have wiiiiide feet,and tend to walk a hell of a lot,and when im standing tend to have a weird stance (spesh when waiting for the tube).
                        I also have the donkey,which are lined. I only sized up one. The toe cap wa a bit painful for the first 2 wears. But a bit of coco butter on the inner and outer sorted that problem out.
                        Althou the left boot feels looser than the right,i wouldnt really call it an issue.
                        If it bothers you pop in an insole.
                        merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• kuugaia
                          • Feb 2010

There's no walking problem at all. I got wide feet as well and had to size up 2.

Obviously the uppers are not meant to look symmetrical, but it's just that they feel different and look slightly different in texture (maybe because it hasn't softened). Will have a look into coco butter though, thanks Shye.

Comment

• chomeo
                            • Mar 2010

^^ i have the zipped horse leather and do have this as well. my left boot has many small grainy "breaks" whereas the right boot is smooth.

Comment

• endersgame
                              • Aug 2009

i guess horse might be the way to go if i don't want any suprise stretching..

and another reason to get horse?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• laughed
                                • Jul 2009

big lol to what is happening with this thread...big one after seeing the pics of the big rudolph and wilbur. good lord. i love it. i know someone is watching gaspar noe's carne while eating bacon and wearing guidis.

i seriously want to direct pita to this thread. horse is my fav btw. a nice skinned horse i should say.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎