Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • endersgame
    • Aug 2009

heh, i'm kind of a mac fanboy who's sick of the mac interface. not so much cleaning up in function, but how it looks. i'm looking forward to see if Ives can make mac software look less skeuomorphic and more grown-up. i am also partial to the offline mapping software proprietary only to nokia phones..

i bought the macbook air before the mini and had to return it because the fan was really noisy under heavy load. plus the mini seemed like the only that could be easily upgradeable. but for pc users, mac hardware upgradability is a joke.

oh, those wireless headphones i praised? i hate them now...sorry for the rec, lol.

Comment

• doldrums
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
      heh, i'm kind of a mac fanboy who's sick of the mac interface. not so much cleaning up in function, but how it looks. i'm looking forward to see if Ives can make mac software look less skeuomorphic and more grown-up. i am also partial to the offline mapping software proprietary only to nokia phones..

i bought the macbook air before the mini and had to return it because the fan was really noisy under heavy load. plus the mini seemed like the only that could be easily upgradeable. but for pc users, mac hardware upgradability is a joke.

oh, those wireless headphones i praised? i hate them now...sorry for the rec, lol.

I totally agree. I'm psyched about Ives having a bigger role on the software side. The OS has so much mickey mouse to it its rather nauseating at times. BTW - there are workarounds to all the skeumorphic garbage -> I posted one earlier in this thread to change the address book and calender out from the faux leather skins that are standard. I highly recommend.

I'm really looking forward to what Microsoft's counter will be in the coming years as a friend does design work there and they are definitely coming at things with a fresher perspective now that they are, in some ways, the underdog.

Comment

• endorphinz
        Banned
        • Jun 2009

no worries. they are what I expected and serve a function. all earbuds/canal stuff get annoying,even the high end wired stuff. their low price and the convenience they afford make them a worthwhile investment. I use them enuf to justify their expense.

I honestly don't get all the mac love. although,as said, i used xp 'till a few months ago and was pretty happy but win 7 seems to borrow much from osx and is much more friendly to the "unsavvy"
        I agree that a hybrid of ms's customizability/control and mac's friendliness would be ideal.

i do wanna reiterate my hate for itunes and i resent that i need it to use my phone. i owned many ipods and was always able to circumvent using it by using plugins for various apps but apple is making it their mission to oppose open source/standards everything and make everything proprietary. that's enuf to turn me off to their brand.

Comment

• endorphinz
          Banned
          • Jun 2009

. i am also partial to the offline mapping software proprietary only to nokia phones..
          Here ya go

Comment

• endersgame
            • Aug 2009

thanks, i already know..

Comment

• lalilulelo
              • Sep 2012

I'm looking to buy an HD Video Camera under $1,000.

Any recommendations welcomed.

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

depending on what you're shooting, I'd get a DSLR with a decent lens as quality wise it dumps most camcorders.
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

^ agreed. and I know I'm always pushing mirrorless cameras, but for your budget, something from panasonic or sony would be ideal. thinking specifically of the panasonic g5 body + 14-45 lens, which would come in under 1000 and would be relatively compact/light, but still with a decent grip.
                  i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

I do most of my travel-photography and day-to-day photography with the Sony Nex-5... looks like they're up to the Nex-7 now which you should be able to score for right around $1k. Small body with interchangeable lenses and shoots in very very nice HD.
                    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• endorphinz
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2009

any black fri etc deals i should know about? don't really need anything but need has nuthin to do with consumption, especially this time of year.

Comment

• Patroklus
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2011

so i found out that the galaxy s3 isn't available in black thru all providers and in all regions
                        i found this out cuz i had to get white
                        does anyone know if rick is gonna make that bubbling biofuturist case for an s3

Comment

• endorphinz
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2009

att: those who have both ipad & iphone . does the ipad's 10/12 watt charger charge the phone faster than the phone 5 w charger? I know the charging chip is in the device so I don't know if the increased wattage makes a difference in charging time. the apple site says the 12w charger is compatible with the phone so if it's faster why not use it?

Comment

• endersgame
                            • Aug 2009

^^ https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-3511

watts = volt x amp and the phone never goes beyond 5 watts. it physically can't go higher so it can't benefit from the higher wattage charger...

does anyone use google wallet much?

i try to use it when i see the readers, but by the time i enter the pin to unlock the phone, enter the pin to get into google wallet, select the card i want to use, tap the phone against the reader, tap again, tap again, hold it against the reader for 5 seconds to register....

ugh..

Comment

• endorphinz
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2009

^ yeah , I read all those threads and the reviews on the store site some still claim that phones charge faster with the iPad charger. I was lookin for first hand info from someone "I trust" :)

Comment

• endersgame
                                • Aug 2009

if you plug in a 200 watt charger to an iphone, it will only draw what it was designed to draw (5 watts?)

if folks are reporting it charges faster with an ipad charger, then the actual iphone power draw is higher than 5 watts, hence the faster charge time compared to a regular 5w iphone charger.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎