X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • udbrud
    • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    I renamed this thread because I just realized that, surprisingly, we don't have a general art thread.

I've been fascinated recently by the work of Berlinde De Bruyckere. The designers of A.F. Vandevorst have turned me on to her work last year. There are now two exhibitions of her work going on in London and Ghent. Her work is so raw and hardcore...
    Her piece, "Kreupelhout – Cripplewood", in the Belgian pavilion at the Venice Biennial last year had an immense impact and was definitely one of the most visceral pieces I saw throughout. The way in which she channels organisms/bodies through all her objects is fascinating to say the least and especially impressive at the scale which this particular piece exists in. The interaction with the space and lighting there allowed for a tranquil and considered situation even with the hustle and bustle of visitors and staged the object in a perhaps obvious, but none-the-less fantastically appropriate manner.

Comment

• 550BC
      • Jan 2013

Saw Berlinde her work for the first time in 2011 and saw my favorite exhibition of her in 2012 named ''Innocence is precisely: Never Avoid The Worst''
      a fish out of water dies

Comment

• tonecrush
        • Jul 2013

Ashley Wood

Helnwein
        "Never seen someone treat such a piece of crap excuse for a boot with so much care, and precision."

Comment

• bukka
          • Sep 2011

Jose Parla

Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• patR
            • Apr 2015

Let's get this thread going again...

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

I can't believe this has been dormant for a year. I'm all about the Belgians now, particularly Berlinde De Bruyckere and Michael Borremans, which is such a neat counterpart to its fashion and another layer of proof that culturally this country punches way above its weight and it makes me fall in love with it all over again.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• radio-aktivität
                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                I can't believe this has been dormant for a year. I'm all about the Belgians now, particularly Berlinde De Bruyckere and Michael Borremans, which is such a neat counterpart to its fashion and another layer of proof that culturally this country punches way above its weight and it makes me fall in love with it all over again.

In Mono-Kultur#31, Michael Borremans was in conversation with Renko Heuer, and he talked about clothing as a work uniform:

RH Is it true that you need to wear a suit in order to be able to make good work?

MB Yeah, I always paint in my best clothing, and the moment theres paint on my suit, I have to change; then the suit becomes work clothes, and the magic is gone. The suit has to be impeccable. I have a lot of suits, but only some suits, like this dark blue one I'm wearing now, I really, really like to wear.

RH Are those really fancy then?

MB Well, I dont get them made especially. This is a Dries van Noten, it has a nice fabric.
                I leave this here uncommented, but I think he’s got attitude.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Thanks for this! Is there a link with the rest of the interview?
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mainstayer0
                    • Sep 2015

Comment

• matglenn
                      • Jun 2016

Noam Gonick caught my eye recently. If anyone is interested in sexual identity and film his work is a great resource. With pride coming up it seems like an appropriate submission. :)

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Another visit to the studio of the phenomenal Barry X Ball.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• matglenn
                          • Jun 2016

Comment

• Traffic Warden
                            • Jan 2016

Comment

• Traffic Warden
                              • Jan 2016

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Looking forward to Banks Violette's return

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎