X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hurhur
    • Jan 2011

DIY: Re-dipping CCP rubber dipped sneakers

admins, please move my post if you determine it to not belong to this thread.

Okay, so I wanted to repair a pair of CCP sneakers I had received that the rubber was cracking. The "solution" finally arrived and here was what I did to repair it. Ordered a can of Plasti-Dip.

poured the Plasti-Dip out onto a tray and stirred it with a paint brush.

So i proceeded to use the paintbrush to fill up the parts of the rubber that had cracks when I first received the shoes.

then I proceeded to dip the soles.
    results wasn’t that good on this because I think the mixture was too thick. I should have thinned the mixture before dipping the soles to achieve the original iteration of the drips. But the result wasn’t that bad considering it was the first time.

After drying......

So, I would definitely recommend doing this to your CCPs if the sole looks like they are going to be worn down. However, I would also recommend thinning the mixture to achieve the drips if that is what you are going for.
  • hurhur
    • Jan 2011

admins, please move my post if you determine it to not belong to this thread.

Okay, so I wanted to repair a pair of CCP sneakers I had received that the rubber was cracking. The "solution" finally arrived and here was what I did to repair it. Ordered a can of Plasti-Dip.

poured the Plasti-Dip out onto a tray and stirred it with a paint brush.

So i proceeded to use the paintbrush to fill up the parts of the rubber that had cracks when I first received the shoes.

then I proceeded to dip the soles.
    results wasn’t that good on this because I think the mixture was too thick. I should have thinned the mixture before dipping the soles to achieve the original iteration of the drips. But the result wasn’t that bad considering it was the first time.

After drying......

So, I would definitely recommend doing this to your CCPs if the sole looks like they are going to be worn down. However, I would also recommend thinning the mixture to achieve the drips if that is what you are going for.

Comment

• StrAngeRy
      • Dec 2010

Well done, how long did it take to dry off?

Comment

• Hiddenaway
        • Jan 2012

Great stuff. I just ordered some of the plasti dip to dip a pair of derbies (non rubber). And honestly, I don't think getting the drips matters, as they wear off either way.

Comment

• Agent L
          • Sep 2006

Comment

• hurhur
            • Jan 2011

said 4 hours at least on the can, but I'm going to leave it overnight before wearing out to make sure the rubber dries fully.

Comment

• eton97
              • Dec 2008

You've just 'made the year' for a lot of ccp dipped sneaker fans!
              you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• swami
                • Jul 2008

PLASTIdip is basically that, Plastic !
                IT will not last , the plastic is flexible but does not adhere to the sole , it will peel off in 5 to 8 wears , is very slippery & does not have the same translucency as the dyed rubber so does not look as attractive.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                  • Nov 2007

sorry to be debbie downer here but that plasti dip product isn't durable. it will peel off after a few days of wear. it's okay for cosmetic touch ups but not really effective beyond that.
                  LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

Great Job K,

I have the pair Ben was selling via Cows and love them to death,

got about 4 or 5 pairs of CCP and for the first time I can use CCP and comfort in the same sentence, they are good but the heel is a little worn, i'm not so much interested in re dipping because I dont care about the drips on the shoe, but preserving the life of the heel as the leather portion is now slightly exposed I , would love to see how this would work, but mine are white and I dont know how well this would work for the white. I thought about adding taps to them as the leather sole looks like it could take that
                    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• hurhur
                      • Jan 2011

will update when I wear it out after a few times.

Comment

• eton97
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by eton97 View Post
                        You've just 'made the year' for a lot of ccp dipped sneaker fans!
                        You've just 'ruined the year' for a lot of ccp dipped sneaker fans!
                        you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• originalre0
                          • Jan 2011

i try this long times ago,

but after few times

Comment

• Hiddenaway
                            • Jan 2012

originalreo- After a few times..? Did the pasti-dip basically wear off that fast?

That first picture looks interesting. Guidi dipped?

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                              Great Job K,

I have the pair Ben was selling via Cows and love them to death,

got about 4 or 5 pairs of CCP and for the first time I can use CCP and comfort in the same sentence, they are good but the heel is a little worn, i'm not so much interested in re dipping because I dont care about the drips on the shoe, but preserving the life of the heel as the leather portion is now slightly exposed I , would love to see how this would work, but mine are white and I dont know how well this would work for the white. I thought about adding taps to them as the leather sole looks like it could take that
                              I originally thought that when mine are so worn that the leather is getting exposed, I'd just grind the sole flat and have a cobbler add a thin Vibram. I wounder if that would work.. they aren't that worn yet though, I seem to have a pretty flat step
                              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎