X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

Code Works in both upper and lower case
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

PEAKED LAPEL BLAZER - COTTON HERRINGBONE

LEATHER HENRIKSSON. UNLINED

SLEEVELESS LAYER HENRIKSSON - FULLY LINED

COTTON LINEN SLIM FIT "UNO" SHIRT
      Last edited by zamb; 03-15-2017, 08:39 PM.

Comment

• PUCK
        • Feb 2016

RE: Anyone who's talking shit about Zam

Zam is a solid guy, artist, craftsman, and friend. I can honestly say that he stands for his work, and the work is solid.

Comment

• goldsamxo
          • Jan 2017

Originally posted by PUCK View Post
          RE: Anyone who's talking shit about Zam

Zam is a solid guy, artist, craftsman, and friend. I can honestly say that he stands for his work, and the work is solid.
          Yep! Packed light for my trip back to Jersey for Spring Break, and one of the few pieces I brought was my Overlock Zam Jeans. Absolutely love them. They've began to mold to my body and they're absolutely beautiful.
          Originally Posted by Latoya Sizemore View Post

It would be great if one cane wear little bit loose T-shirts with some great prints like marijuana leaves, cannabis, weeds etc.
          Most of the youngsters will like to wear fashionable and chill clothing, which give a great looks to youngsters.

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by goldsamxo View Post
            Yep! Packed light for my trip back to Jersey for Spring Break, and one of the few pieces I brought was my Overlock Zam Jeans. Absolutely love them. They've began to mold to my body and they're absolutely beautiful.

Glad you are enjoying them and they are working out for you
            The new ones this season are going to be incredible

1. there is a black textured cotton that is really great
            2. there is a plain NY/CO Poplin that is incredibly durable but light weight in an uncoated version, solid back
            3. there is the same NY/CO Poplin but coated grey with a crushed effect.

The pattern has been redesigned, not that it needed to, but the mad scientist in me needs change, I like the new one better with different seam work and a slightly different fit. still unmistakably Z-1 though as all key features remain the same.

There is also a newly developed MINIMALIST SLIM JEANS, its the same base Model as the MINIMALIST SLIM PANTS, but made into a jeans

There are also three variants to this

1. Coated heavy cotton
            2. Lightweight brushed cotton - grey
            3. Lightweight brushed cotton -black

HEAVY COTTON

the Black is here

the Grey is here

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

Over the last couple of weeks, our custom order business has come into focus. This focus came about for two polarizing reasons.
              While we are a brand that operates a wholesale business to the stores, and also a brand that does its own retail through our webstore and by appointment retail in Brooklyn NY, Custom Orders are a significant part of what we do.
              This is so because in a market where there is increasingly the outsourcing of product manufacturing, we have gone about the business of creating our own manufacturing facilities where we can produce what we want, when we want, how we want and for whom we want..........The Customer.
              There is no better way of taking care of the needs of a customer than through the medium of collaborating with the client to choose the fabric, the cut, the finish and every other significant detail to create a product exactly to suit the desires of the client.

This feature is an insight into a custom pants we made for a client whom we trust will be completely satisfied with the product when it is received.
              He is a member here at Styleforum, but I will not reveal his identity as I dont know if he wishes for me to do so.....

1. The order was made at the end of January, as per our discussion the client was looking for a simple pair of pants with a loose cut as per his taste. Measurements were provided and we were given carte blanche as to the fabric selection. We have a lot of fabrics in our inventory; both in stock fabrics, and fabrics on hand from our wholesale suppliers who are always sending us the newest and latest they have in stock.
              We selected a doubly ply, carbonated Cotton/Linen that was used as a part of the FW17 collection we presented in Paris in January. It is one of our favorite fabrics that we have ever worked with it has a slightly wrinkled finish, is heavy but not dense, and airy enough to be worn all year round.

THE FABRIC SELECTED
              The darker denser side is linen, the lighter airier side is cotton. the fabric is woven together but can be separated

2. Measurements for the Pants were provided by the client and we created a pattern specific to the desired fit, based on those measurements. (We always advise that if you cannot come to Zfactorie in person to be measured, that you measure your best fitting garment that is similar to the item you are ordering and provide us with those)
              From the Measurements provided by the client the pant was then cut and made.

As per the customers request EXTRA FABRIC was left in the back of the pants, the way custom tailoring is done, to ensure that the pants can be adjusted to a larger waist if necessary.

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

3. Now the construction of the pants is complete. The bigger issue now is the customer wanted BLACK not GREY............So enter the magic of dyeing, another skill we utilize here at Zfactorie

pants being added to a prepared VAT

Our dyeing process is completely by hand, the garment being stirred and agitated in the bath to produce a uniform and even black color.
                After the garment is dyed, it is rinsed to remove the dye residue and them dried and prepared for finishing.

The pant is finished, the buttons are sewn on and it is packaged to be shipped to the customer

4. While the pants is being finished and ironed, we then make a custom label for the item.
                the label has:
                The fabric content/
                The name of the customer/
                The name of the Tailor who made the pants in our Atelier/
                The name of the brand/

5. Nice Gestures
                The Customer didn't ask for it, but we thought it nice to send him a pair of suspenders with the pants, so that he can decide to wear it with or without.
                here are the suspenders being made by the Master himself.

Altogether we were very happy with the process. from ordering to completion took 5 weeks total, another week was added for preparing the suspenders, packing and shipping the item to the client,

Comment

• goldsamxo
                  • Jan 2017

Really love the dye process Zam. I have yet to succeed at it, so I really love seeing how other's do it. I'm going to shoot you a call next week for a tour! Back in Jersey for Break so I didn't want to make super future plans, since I know you're busy. Thanks again man : )

It would be great if one cane wear little bit loose T-shirts with some great prints like marijuana leaves, cannabis, weeds etc.
                  Most of the youngsters will like to wear fashionable and chill clothing, which give a great looks to youngsters.

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by goldsamxo View Post
                    Really love the dye process Zam. I have yet to succeed at it, so I really love seeing how other's do it. I'm going to shoot you a call next week for a tour! Back in Jersey for Break so I didn't want to make super future plans, since I know you're busy. Thanks again man : )
                    No worries

We are going to be doing a lot of video content this year, many of which will be tutorials on different aspects of artisanal work.
                    We may do one on dyeing, even though the dye methods vary greatly depending on the fabrics that are used
                    example, dyeing silk of wool (animal based fibers) is very different from dyeing plant based fibers like cotton or linen.

Its also possible to use the same dyes for wool as one uses for cotton but it gives you a completely different result

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

Anaxamenes // Black
                      Made from Military Bedding.

Anaxamenes Grey

Anaxamenes White

New Workshirt in Multi- weave Cotton

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

Echadh.......SS// Grey

Echadh.......SS// Black

Ruched back Echadh // Black

Ruched back Echadh // Red

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

Hello SZ,

We are pleased to present to you, the first in a trilogy of short films built around our Silent Violence themed collections.
                          the Film Features garments from both our spring 2017 and fall 2017 collections
                          We want to thank everyone who worked to make this possible.
                          Models: Terence // Kimani// Cory
                          Filming and Editing: Between Pictures
                          Styling and Production: Mason Harding

The Film was shot on Site at Zfactorie as we crashed the old Adidas studios they abandoned next door.
                          we trust that you will enjoy this one and please look out for the follow up part II next week.

Comment

• Arkady
                            • Apr 2011

Looks good, my man!

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
                              Looks good, my man!

thanks my good brother

We are pleased to present to you the second part of our trilogy of short films built around our Silent Violence themed collections.
                              the Film Features garments from both our spring 2017 and fall 2017 collections

Models: Kimani
                              Filming and Editing: Between Pictures
                              Styling and Production: Mason Harding

The Film was shot on Site at Zfactorie as we crashed the old Adidas studios they abandoned next door.
                              we trust that you will enjoy this one and please look out for the follow up part III, the Finale next week.

Comment

• goldsamxo
                                • Jan 2017

Congratulations to Zamb on the new space! Much love & success to you brother <3

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎