• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

I'm not coming for your consoles :-)
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Monoral
      • Mar 2014

I am currently knee deeps in What remains of Edith Finch, it too hardly a game but it does uses the fact that it is a video game with player interaction in a meaningful way.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
        • Apr 2013

I am all about PUBG at the moment, the adrenaline rush you get from that game is enough to keep you going forever.
        Originally posted by unwashed
        Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
        Originally posted by Ahimsa
        I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• monster
          • Aug 2009

I've always been a big fan of classic D&D based RPG's, especially old Planescape, which I replay every now and then drastically changing my character's alignment, which is a lot of fun and literally allows you to play different games. Choosing which line to take this time I started thinking about this compact and functional "alignment" paradigm and how it's possible to apply it to any system, and all of a sudden I made this. I'm sorry.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
            • Apr 2013

have you met any of these people? This is super wrong and frankly insulting
            Originally posted by unwashed
            Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
            Originally posted by Ahimsa
            I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• khiev
              • Nov 2006

Anyone played Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice? Dont mean to sound condescending but a really great game for grown-ups. Great use of the medium to portray mental illness. Also, just a kickass soundtrack w the use of binaural audio. There's a set piece in there that resembles that makes you feel you're wading through Dante's Inferno that is jaw droppingly beautiful.

Comment

• Monoral
                • Mar 2014

Played Hellblade months ago when it came out and i do agree with what you said.
                The portrayal of mental illness (psychosis) were done really well and in respectful way.

My one and only criticism of this game is that the puzzles can be a little bit repetitive at times and also combat can be a little bit obtuse but manageable.

Comment

• Mullaney
                  • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Monoral View Post
                  Played with some of the Best Penis Extenders months ago when it came out and i do agree with what you said.
                  The portrayal of mental illness (psychosis) were done really well and in respectful way.

My one and only criticism of this game is that the puzzles can be a little bit repetitive at times and also combat can be a little bit obtuse but manageable.
                  I too am impressed how they handled the subject. Did you see the behind-the-scenes documentary on Hellblade? It was heart-warming to hear what people with actual mental illnesses have to say about the game.
                  Last edited by Mullaney; 10-20-2021, 06:32 AM.

Comment

• Monoral
                    • Mar 2014

Any Monster Hunter World players around here?

Comment

• goldsamxo
                      • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Monoral View Post
                      Any Monster Hunter World players around here?
                      Still haven't bought it yet since I haven't turned on my Playstation since I got my Switch :(
                      Just beat Bayonetta 2 (incredible incredible game) and Bayonetta 1, and currently playing Stardew Valley in my free-time. Bought Xenoblade Chronicles 2 last night so going to play after I make dinner. Love this damn system.
                      Originally Posted by Latoya Sizemore View Post

It would be great if one cane wear little bit loose T-shirts with some great prints like marijuana leaves, cannabis, weeds etc.
                      Most of the youngsters will like to wear fashionable and chill clothing, which give a great looks to youngsters.

Comment

• Monoral
                        • Mar 2014

My switch is Stardew Valley machine too. It's funny since i got it on Pc ages ago and could never for the life of me get it to it. But on Switch? it's perfect!

I am a little bit let down by Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I won't go much into it but i much prefer the first one on Wii or Xenoblade Chronicles X on Wii-U

Comment

• Hon
                          • Dec 2017

Been playing video games all of my life. First major game was GTA: Vice City. Played every good CoD, Battlefield, FIFA, etc. When I was very young, I only played single player. When I was about 10, I got Xbox LIVE just in time for Call of Duty 4 to come out. Games aren't the same anymore, in my opinion, and with the development of competitive gaming (e-sports) I feel that this is simply not the life I want to live anymore. In-game purchases and the lack of communication with the community from the developers are two main reasons why games are lacking now. I want to just grow out of it and focus on my future. Also: it has come to my attention that video game addiction is now an official disease. Just thought I'd slide that in there. To soften the mood:
                          Favorite Video Games of All Time:
                          1. Red Dead Redemption
                          2. Assassin's Creed 2
                          3. The Last of Us

Comment

• Ahimsa
                            Vegan Police
                            • Sep 2011

Based on the video games you mention here I'm assuming you're relatively young? Your perspective is interesting as I had the same feeling as you do now when any of the CODs after COD 2 came out. First person shooters used to be far more competitive actually, Unreal Tournament, Counter-Strike 1.6, Quake, etc. What stopped me from playing FPSs anymore was actually how the games became way too easy, or rather, the skill gaps shrank due to all the item/skill leveling, increased hitbox size, auto-targeting etc. (look it up if you aren't familiar, almost all of the "competitive" FPSs have auto-targeting now - Halo 1 didn't but Halo 2 onward did for example)
                            Pro CS players used to move their mouse in accordance with the gun's bullet spray patterns in order for all bullets to land in the same spot as opposed to various areas (i.e. head vs. torso vs. appendages) afforded more damage.
                            The skill gaps were so extreme that it was easy for a pro player to never die in a death match vs. less experienced players. (and by less experienced I mean even playing over several hours a day)
                            E-Sports have been around for a long time, such as QuakeCon starting in 1996 which you could make a living of off back then oddly enough, but there are far more games genres to compete in now (MOBAS are relatively new to me)as well as the media attention as geekdom is now a popular lifestyle.

I think a large part of this, as comes with how many of the posters here talk about fashion, is part nostalgia and part the disillusionment that comes with age.

So your feelings are shared. I wish I could find video games that gave me the same experience as they used to but we live in a time of the "democratic" so our reminiscing of how things used to be will just be criticized as elitism unfortunately :/
                            StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Hon
                              • Dec 2017

Ahmisa, It's quite interesting to hear your perspective about the topic because we may differ slightly in age but despite this we both can admit to seeing the devolution and eventual downfall of games. I'm not really sure what to say about modern E-Sports because the games these days truly do have no skill gaps, not to mention they're not near as competitive as the aforementioned CounterStrike (I was only around for CS: GO). However, Xbox One has been making a ton of OG games playable on the new, modern console and I think this is great, as long as you're not trying to hold onto some youthful fantasy. So far I have played Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, Dark Souls, Dark Souls II, and some others. I just started Bioshock, and am thinking of buying the newly backwards compatible Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. Aside from this, I think its miraculous the trend is remastered games (Dark Souls Remastered, Modern Warfare: Remastered) and it is down to companies trying to take advantage of the consumer's nostalgia and disillusionment. I will try to avoid falling into that trap and just try to enjoy it now. One last point, I think the Dark Souls franchise is a masterpiece and I cannot wait for the remaster on May 26.

Comment

• Monoral
                                • Mar 2014

Now ya'll being hyperbolic here. Devolution and downfall of games?

Good stuff are out there, you just gotta look for it. The homogenization of games appears in the big budget AAA stuff a lot, sure. Especially within shooter genre and it doesn't help that COD and BF pretty much had a monopoly in that genre. Cod and BF are of cause being overtaken by Fortnight and PUBG these days (these also spawn piles of clones as well.

Now i wish that people discuss games as a storytelling tool more here. Might be the wrong place? I am aware that this is mainly fashion forum but i think this thread could benefit on SZ style analysis.
                                Personally I am over the shooter games or- should i say action and violence without a proper context or compelling narrative. The war games of the past decades for example has very little to say about the warzones they're set on or human condition war taking a toll on. There has been exception of cause. The first Modern Warfare and Spec-ops the line comes to mind. Say what you will about the ever popular angry dad games (the Last of us, the latest God of War for example)at very least they're about something, they had something to say about condition of the world they're being set in. The characters changes and grown and so on.

Also I wanna add that nostalgia isn't always a good thing either, especially when it comes to videogames. Games - or, should I say, the potential for games has only gotten better as technology advances.
                                When the gaming kids of today become grown up of tomorrow, they'll be declaring that Halo 5 was miles better than a game of the matrix style future VR games and they'll be just as wrong then as you are now. I played both Zelda: Twilight Princess and Super Mario Sunshine before I played Ocarina of Time and Mario 64, and I thought the first two were better in every way for example.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎