Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tron
    • Dec 2010

So yeah tgs was fun.. I only played a few things but Soul Sacrifice is amazing if you're in to that kind of group hunting game. The magic is really interesting although they make you way too strong in the demo so there was no challenge. I'll be picking it up when it comes out next year though.

Also played the new Blazblue which was quite good although it's hard to gauge the new characters with such a short play time.

Also also also I've really fallen in love with the arcade scene in tokyo... There have been a few new releases lately, the most notable being Gunslinger Stratos (Square enix) and I can't get enough of that game... really interesting style of arena shooter

annnnnd another fighter Under Night In-Birth (French Bread (Melty Blood ) ) which as well is quite good but since it came out a week or so ago it still suffers from balance issues.

I've noticed a lot of new fighters have really easy input combinations (mash light attack to combo in to a special) which I find quite bothersome but I've just been spoiled by the depth of Blazblue in the past I guess...
    "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• volta
      • May 2009

Originally posted by AngelofDeath View Post
      Awesome. Let us know what you think.
      i wrote my thoughts but deleted cuz the text sucked -_-

let's just say that; if you start with leon, his first half, except for parts of it, will probably be thought of as "good but nothing more". however you will soon realize stuff gets really intense and.. amazing. whereas chris and jake's campaign i found very good from start to finish. great stuff.
      [although the ustanak looked quite comical in one of his last scenes :/ dunno if that was intentional or not..]

after beating the whole game, i actually like leon's first half much more now, the game certainly clicks more and more you play. it's when he removes his jacket that shit just got real.

also, definitely try to co-op it with a friend.

btw, the gamma is fucked on the ps3, if it does that on your tv; change the rgb to limited in the ps3 menu. 360 doesn't have that problem.

so yeah.. if you've played the demo, it controls exactly like that in the final build.

a rundown;

leon first half 9/10? second half 10/10
      chris 10/10
      jake & sherry 10/10
      ada 10/10 [nice leather pants, yo.]

overall 10/10

well, this text sucked too and does not especially say much, but if it's something in particular you want to know just ask away.

each campaing takes around 7 hours to clear. some parts can be perceived as a bit filler-y and "unpolished".. but if one accept that from the start it shouldn't really bother. the game is bit different from the rest of bioahazard but not by much.

the game is packed. still trying to unlock all skills, costumes, platinum it and more.
      Last edited by volta; 09-29-2012, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• drizzly
        Banned
        • Apr 2012

any thoughts on borderlands 2 (i never played the first one), also i am really excited about dark souls DLC coming in october

Comment

• AngelofDeath
          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by volta View Post
          it's when he removes his jacket that shit just got real.
          Hahaha.

Good to hear some positive things about the game. I've certainly been skeptical that it would suffer a lot of the same pitfalls as 5.
          I want you to tell me who you are in your dreams. Who is there? And is it beautiful like music?

Comment

• volta
            • May 2009

bonus points for using serbian for the edonia enemies ;)
            usually the world hates us :/
            if anyone is up for playing some co-op, just shoot a pm. would love to play with someone from SZ. ps3 only for now.

[redacted]
            Last edited by volta; 01-16-2015, 10:52 AM.

Comment

• Torchiere
              • May 2009

Originally posted by drizzly View Post
              any thoughts on borderlands 2 (i never played the first one), also i am really excited about dark souls DLC coming in october
              I don't have Borderlands 2 but I've heard that it's a pretty good game overall, improving every aspect on the original.

I've got DS on PC, I really enjoyed the DLC area. The bosses are challenging and you get badass looking armor sets and some new overpowered spells.

Comment

• volta
                • May 2009

is there actually anything interesting on the PC? i wanna try out my new rig. shit could play star wars 1313 @ ultra @ 60fps ffs!

Comment

• coldcreep
                  • Jan 2012

If anyone wants to play fifa 13 on ps3, let me know. my name is ikickcats01

Comment

• Crowzer
                    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by volta View Post
                    is there actually anything interesting on the PC? i wanna try out my new rig. shit could play star wars 1313 @ ultra @ 60fps ffs!
                    I didn't follow the video game news since a while, but Dishonored look impressive for now.

Comment

• tron
                      • Dec 2010

Dishonored looks awesome, I have very high hopes for it.
                      War of Roses is coming out soon but I'll have to wait until im in north america to play that. It's basically battlefield 3 but medieval.

There are two open world zombie mmo's coming out with permanent death in them that both look really interesting but but I can't recall the names at the moment... I think one is The War Z

I've missed playing quit a few games since I'm abroad but when I get back I'll need to play sleeping dogs, re6, borderlands 2 (foreverererer), and surely many more.
                      "I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion."

Comment

• Zenith
                        • Jun 2009

Volta's textbomb on RE6 got me all hyped. Playing RE6 now...so bored.

Only 5 hours in mind you, but zzzz.....

Comment

• volta
                          • May 2009

some things that help;

laser sight.
                          off with the hud (mostly because of the waypoint marker)
                          turn down sound effects that drown the music.

control tips;

- while sliding press down on the stick to do a 180 while still in movement on the ground. it's cool.
                          - hold x while falling to recover quickly (the lower stamina left by using melee, the more it occurs by being exhausted)

there's a lot to the controls to discover. it gets more fun when mastered, which us old-school should have no problem with. hope you find it more enjoyable later.

edit; the ruins parts have always been the worst. still kind of dislike it both in 5&6.

and ew @ dishonored. wouldn't even play that if being payed. super generic.
                          Last edited by volta; 10-05-2012, 07:40 PM.

Comment

• tron
                            • Dec 2010

hahaahahahaha oh the irony

Comment

• volta
                              • May 2009

nah, bio 6 is anything but generic. the aesthetics in this 'dishonored' looks like any of those blogger hipster comics barfed with colours, only on a higher budget.

meanwhile, biohazard 6 is gothic, dark and generally well-designed.
                              you have to remember biohazard 4 is what single-handedly pioneered the TPS which is closer connected to the fps today. it is one of the most important and innovative games ever. 6 just expands on that.

biohazard can never be generic because it's what created many things generic in gaming today. if you wanna go by manchildren reviewers who doesn't know how to play nor doesn't appreciate design; go ahead.

i would have prefered bio 6 to be like the unrleased 3.5 by the underrated genius shibata, also very much responsible for the final product of 4. but that doesn't mean bio6 is automatically bad or generic for -- again -- expanding what 4 started.
                              Last edited by volta; 10-05-2012, 08:43 PM.

Comment

• volta
                                • May 2009

seriously.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡