X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FOREVER
    • Sep 2011

Walter van Beirendonck on teaching fashion, Kanye West and crying students

WALTER VAN BEIRENDONCK ON KANYE WEST, THE CURRENT STATE OF FASHION AND TEACHING SUCCESS

Walter van Beirendonck on why fashion is a circus (and how Kanye West came to him for an internship?!)

“If I see a student’s work is not there yet I demand more effort, research and work. They might cry in the process, but that’s nothing horrible.”

shocking to read that some students have their own interns, which Walter then calls an 'asian' problem.
  • naturalalmonds
    • Sep 2013

Originally posted by FOREVER View Post
    shocking to read that some students have their own interns, which Walter then calls an 'asian' problem.
    You called it a problem, he pointed out where it began.

I heard that some students here have their own interns. What’s that about?
    That started with the Asian students. I don’t know why. I’ve never seen European students work this way. These interns are mostly people who can’t get in here. They want to gain more experience before reapplying.

I would feel upset as a hardworking student who can’t afford interns.
    You shouldn’t be, we usually don’t know about these interns – it’s not like students take them to school. We judge your work as it is.

Perhaps those students deserve some slack too, managing people isn’t an easy job.
    Perhaps, but we shouldn’t get caught up in these anomalies. It feels gossipy
    I want to do product, I am a product person, not just clothing but water bottle design - Kanye West

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎