• Nov 2007

^ ? (5 chars)
    LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• theconsumer
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Liquid View Post
      I stand proud...
      admirable :) i tried matching fivefingers trek with samurai coat as well ... but didn't have courage and scientific vigor to take such experiment outside or even post it into waywt ;)

in any case, hobbit and nazgul wear don't match ... :)

Comment

• t-bone
        • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Castor View Post
        The fly had to be re-stitched where the buttons connect to the pants (er prior to the first wearing). The front right pocket top stitching has now come loose. My tailor may make more money than Rick on these. Love 'em anyway and it ain't no big thing, but still. And no, they aren't THAT tight.
        I made the mistake of squatting to try to loosen up my first pair and popped the dart in 2 places. I repaired it myself with "extra-strength" thread and they've held up great since, even under heavy use (go-to summer gig pants, since you can't wear shorts and play heavy music).

Comment

• ddohnggo
          • Oct 2006

elitism.secrecy.tradition.
          Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• TadaoAndo
            • Jun 2010

I found this video interesting, it shows the aesthetic of RO's home with Michelle Lamy in the former French Communist Party HQ, and his furniture designs.

Comment

• Originally posted by TadaoAndo View Post
              I found this video interesting, it shows the aesthetic of RO's home with Michelle Lamy in the former French Communist Party HQ, and his furniture designs.
              old news. but yes. funny.

Comment

• Castor
                • Nov 2009

Phillips Design Auction June 9, 2010

Originally posted by DRRRK
                The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• kbi
                  • Feb 2009

Estinated Price? :D

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                    • Mar 2009

Here is a little snippet from an interview with the man in i-D.
                    About everyones favourite subject...unpredictable dick sizing.

"Our sizing is kind of wonky because we're a very small company and it's very hand crafted. We have a factory in the countryside in Italy and it's very small. We're making this stuff by hand and trying different leathers all the time and all the different leathers react in different ways so i admit our sizing (the shape stays,im happy with the shape) can be inconsistent and i apologise for that.
                    Thats what happens when you are an experimental label, there's breathing and there's humanness to it. That's another thing that people have decided to accept and tolerate,which kind of amazes me. They feel like there's emotion because somebody is tied to it and they feel that."

I think some of the things said here are quite relevant in what is being discussed in the 'handmade!..artisanal!...so what' (or something along those lines) thread.

So people embrace the wonkyness!
                    merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

wonk, wonk!
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                        • Mar 2009

you know you want to get ur wonk on fausty! ;P
                        merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• Castor
                          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by kbi View Post
                          Estinated Price? :D
                          $6-8K.
                          Originally posted by DRRRK
                          The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• beardown
                            rekoner
                            • Feb 2009

I can embrace and appreciate wonky-ness but there's a part of me that wonders where the line gets drawn with Rick's work. There's the ubiquitous 'any inconsistency is part of the art' disclosure/tag, there's the 'it's meant to fall apart because deconstruction is beauty' thing and now there's the 'sizing and fit is inconsistent because of the hand creation' thing.

I don't personally think he needed to address the sizing inconsistencies because those occur in just about every brand to a degree.
                            But most of his outwear don't really have that 'made by hand' look or feel to them.
                            I certainly appreciate the fact that he uses a specific factory in italy but I thought the point of using something like that in Italy was to combat the 'made in asian sweatshop' thing where lack of quality and inconsistency are hallmarks.

I mean, I dig the whole scope of Rick's work. My only complaint is still the quality (or lack thereof) in terms of his footwear. And even that hasn't kept me away from his boots.
                            At some point, as an artist or a designer, you have to accept that the quality and longevity of what you create is an important part of the creation itself. Aesthetics are great and all but if something is being designed to be worn or used, (furniture, clothing, etc) part of your success should be determined by how well it does its intended job.
                            Originally posted by mizzar
                            Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• kuugaia
                              • Feb 2010

^ It always comes back to the footwear. Crepe ftl.

From what I understand, RO is no longer a 'small manufacturer' in comparison to the labels that we deal with here, who are more experimental and get their sizing right. After you've completed constructing an item, can't you just wear it afterwards to determine the size? Thereafter each piece is tagged correctly? It seems to me like they're constructing items with a pre-disposed sizing tag on it before it's finished and hoping customers pick the right one. If anybody could enlighten me on how sizing can be so inconsistent after years and years, that'd be great.

And I agree with beardown. This lack of quality in their footwear has led me to avoid their clothing line at the moment.

Comment

• Chant
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2008

If the sizing was consistent, the second hand market would be dried out. He does it for our pleasure.
                                Please don't complain.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎