• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by laika View Post
    ^i was thinking luxury under the ordinary, but ok, kinky is good too!

I love these boots from Haider--VB made some very similar ones that I really regret not purchasing. The contrast of the skinny heel with the sturdy laces and toe is great.

Agreed! Ann has done a similar pair as well.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• rider
      eyes of the world
      • Jun 2009

i actually think ann did that concept best, for some reason i always think of haider as following ann in footwear and rick in clothing concepts. i've had discussions with anna of mona moore about this. rick owens also did a similar concept before he found his wedge niche. to me, ann and veronique seem to be most successful, if not the originators, of new ideas (at least of this bunch). i also prefer the way ann added the waffle sole and the exaggerated round front end on her version, they were the perfect balance (and kinky as hell).

dries is another innovator and he never keeps it the same each season, always seems to have a knack for tying the shoe in as an extension of the garments. the man is brilliant when it comes to femininity and sexuality without one overshadowing the other.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

I remember only one pair of RO boots done in this style, and they were very different (but also really sexy in that raw way Rick can serve it). Perhaps you can refresh my memory?
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by MonaDahl
          It's all the same kind of heavy sole/platform with the stiletto heel and rounded toe.

Thanks, Mona. I was referring to the middle ones. Possibly my most favorite women's boots ever.

EDIT: I suppose lacing is the key element that's missing here - that's why I did not relate Rick's offerings to Haider's.
          Last edited by Faust; 09-06-2009, 03:45 PM.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mesh
            • Dec 2006

I wish more women would wear nice boots.

Comment

• galia
              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by laika View Post
              ^those are actually designed by Vicente Rey. Coppelia Pique styled the image.
              Ah he's the guy I was thinking of going to for these stingray pumps I've been dreaming of. Any experience/feedback about him? He supposedly does made-to-measure as well, which is probably good since I find most of his designs I've seen too extravagant, sometimes even bordering on trashy

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

This whole debate is nothing but wish-thinking. Men dress much worse than women, period.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• merkuri
                  • Sep 2009

i dunno, i find many women in nyc and of course, LA, who couldn;t dress themselves without elle or vogue or a SITC dvd handy. plus, when women fail at dressing themselves, they fail spectacularly. men usually just bore me to death.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

These blanket statements are really useless. Let's move on, please.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• merkuri
                      • Sep 2009

fair enough, and not trying to stir the pot, but didn't you just make a blanket statement that men generally dress worse than women?

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Yes, and it's a true and equally useless statement.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• merkuri
                          • Sep 2009

then doubly fair enough. anyway, i have always lamented that women have seemingly far more lower-priced but decent options for footwear. i would say IMHO that Margiela probably offers women (and men IME) the largest range of well-made and well-designed but generally somewhat practical footwear. the louboutins of the world just seem more men's (gay and straight) fantasy objects than anything that could be worn without being costumey.

Comment

• merkuri
                            • Sep 2009

i suppose i was just using the name as a generalization of seemingly torturous uber high heels. was poorly stated I guess, but there has to be a more comfortable but stylish alternative. i guess i just feel bad for women wearing them, maybe needlessly.

Comment

• Aleks
                              • Feb 2009

back on topic

I absolutely love womens shoes.
                              Last edited by Aleks; 09-16-2009, 11:25 AM.

Comment

• christianef
                                • Feb 2009

it's common sense, all the handfuls and handfuls of boutiques/online retailers (seven newyork, paris texas, reborn, browns, antonio, LVR, why-lip, polly, to name a few) sell (often sell out of...) some of the best womens clothing to women who buy them. some not who you'd assume would be the target market, but none the less. its a big business even for the dark stuff for women as well. the most obvious proof is in the industry itself, go to your favorite designer at paris week, they'll be lots of ladies decked out.

ill go looking through my archives and post some of my favorite womens shoes when i get a chance. i contemplating buying the hourani heels lately. very minimal and chic.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎