• May 2009

It's basically plastered across the whole site

Comment

• TheInformalGenius
      • Oct 2015

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
      From Grailed:

What is a PayPal Business Account?

A PayPal Business Account is the same as a Personal Account. You do not need to be a business to create one and it changes nothing for tax purposes. The reason we are upgrading is because these accounts provide greater security to users by better identifying potential fraud before it even happens.
      Wouldn’t this make more sense to make an upgrade mandatory for people that use grailed as a business. Not sellers who sell 3-4 items a year just to get money to refresh their wardrobe.

Comment

• TheInformalGenius
        • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Jeroenr View Post
        How was this communicated? Didnt see anything about it.
        They sent me an email. When I️ use the app I️ can’t do shit without being directed to a link to upgrade my account.

Comment

• Jeroenr
          • May 2016

Originally posted by TheInformalGenius View Post
          They sent me an email. When I️ use the app I️ can’t do shit without being directed to a link to upgrade my account.
          Dont see anything. Could be due to different location. Im in Germany and when i access the website, i see nothing. And have no problems using the app.

Comment

• stagename
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Jeroenr View Post
            Dont see anything. Could be due to different location. Im in Germany and when i access the website, i see nothing. And have no problems using the app.
            Same here from Canada. might be US only.

Comment

• TheInformalGenius
              • Oct 2015

Originally posted by stagename View Post
              Same here from Canada. might be US only.
              Only for Sellers in The United States. Which makes me raise an eyebrow about taxing. If Grailed is so concerned with increasing security why is this only required by one group of sellers, where is the logic in that? Im going back to the basics.... eBay!

Comment

• nyarkies
                • Feb 2012

So far it seems that only sellers in the US that upgraded have that paypal icon. I haven't looked at more sellers but haven't encountered any with it that's outside the US so far. This is another shady practice. Better to disseminate the information on other platforms as well.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by TheInformalGenius View Post
                  Only for Sellers in The United States. Which makes me raise an eyebrow about taxing. If Grailed is so concerned with increasing security why is this only required by one group of sellers, where is the logic in that? Im going back to the basics.... eBay!
                  I have bought less than a handful of things on Grailed so far, but the problem is more with the buyers imo.
                  I.e. currently I have this buyer who opened a dispute more than a month after receiving an item, pretending that he never got it (tracking details expired after 14 days after delivery, so I have not proof nomore) - not to mention another buyer leaving me bad feedback almost six months after buying a pair of jeans that apparently ripped in the crotch from wearing.

Grailed is the only place where stuff seems to move, but it's the worst as well.

Comment

• darkbydesign
                    • Sep 2010

^^^Well Grailed already robs you with extreme fees post-sale anyway. I mean, you can find some killer deals on Grailed, but there are tons of shady people both on the seller and buyer side and Grailed takes zero responsibility IMO. They try to blame you, the other person, or tell you to take it up with PayPal, even though they could write algorithms to hunt for fraudulent initiatives but clearly either have lame code or not enough effort/time/$ in that space because if they fixed that feature they'd have a pretty swimmingly good product IMO.

Anyway, not surprising whatsoever coming from that group and what just about everyone mentions here and elsewhere, but yes, shit sells on Grailed - though at basically half of what it sold at before Grailed existed. :)

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

this is why places like Stylezeitgest and Styleforum etc market places should be revived
                      Gone are the days when used Artisanal clothing was sold within a community of like minded buyers who

1. Had respect for the designers/ makers of these products
                      2. Had mutual appreciation for what was being bought and sold
                      3. there was some level of trust with feedback that reduced the possibility of scammers or called them out early before multiple people got scammed
                      4. The forum marketplaces were basically free to the users........

I met in the early stages of grailed the people who ran it, nice people they are, but i have never had an account and have never bought or sold anything there. Like H&M I dislike what grailed represents. a marketplace that devalues the artistry and appreciation of designer clothing by ushering in a large swathe of low ballers who want their designer thrills for next to nothing. No thank you........
                      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Arkady
                        • Apr 2011

SZ should put up a very simple e-commerce interface open to approved members, and take a lower fee than Grailed + provide some product showcasing at an incidental cost.

Comment

• Campe92
                          • Jan 2017

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                          this is why places like Stylezeitgest and Styleforum etc market places should be revived
                          Gone are the days when used Artisanal clothing was sold within a community of like minded buyers who

1. Had respect for the designers/ makers of these products
                          2. Had mutual appreciation for what was being bought and sold
                          3. there was some level of trust with feedback that reduced the possibility of scammers or called them out early before multiple people got scammed
                          4. The forum marketplaces were basically free to the users........

I met in the early stages of grailed the people who ran it, nice people they are, but i have never had an account and have never bought or sold anything there. Like H&M I dislike what grailed represents. a marketplace that devalues the artistry and appreciation of designer clothing by ushering in a large swathe of low ballers who want their designer thrills for next to nothing. No thank you........
                          I have used grailed 3 or 4 times, only one for buying and fortunately i never had a problem, but i not hide you that i'm always scared about it.
                          I bought a tank from SZ user and i was 10 time more relaxed, so i support your words Zamb, especially for the first 2 points. About the point 4: yes it's a true consideration and i think that all the users inside SZ will be happy to pay a small fee in exchange for the trade security.
                          "I'm not working in the mainstream, i'm working on the side street, side dark street, it is quite comfortable." [Yohji Yamamoto]

Comment

• Nickefuge
                            • Nov 2014

Besides the low-ballers (which I've had on eBay as well) I gotta say I do like Grailed. The devaluation is only in the minds of those who don’t cherish the garments — be it fuccbois or bored rich people. It's not like our nice will be adopted by the mainstream anyway. Also I for one never cared about other people finding pleasure in the same things as I do. Avant-garde means other people will catch up.
                            Hypebeasts will always move on to the next shiny thing and I'm sure there are some who will stick with the SZ aesthetic and maybe even dig deeper and I’m all for it and all against elitism. The Grailed guys also started Heroine now, which is Grailed for women and as there are not as many women in this scene as there are men I welcome the effort, even though I think they should've just added a "men / women" filter to be more inclusive.
                            "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                            -Paris Hilton

Comment

• arby2001
                              • Jan 2011

i bought a couple things from grailed - relatively low cost items, i'm not gonna spend over 1k on a jacket that may or may not arrive. fwiw, i like being able to find older pieces that I was not able to get my hands on. a little common sense goes a long way, obviously check feedback and number of items sold. i do wish we had a better platform to trade stuff that doesn't fit etc. but these sort of sites tend to devolve into wholesale prostitution/check out my yeezies & crap.
                              too skinny for rick

Comment

• Jeroenr
                                • May 2016

Where did i see this before....
                                There are 50 states to choose from. And Virgil chose Nebraska.

[/url]

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎