Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retailers and their customer service - good and bad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheInformalGenius
    • Oct 2015

Originally posted by aussy View Post
    l'inde le palais' customer service is terrible, some of my emails regarding an order went ignored for two weeks (I had to send reminders), I was also told different things from different reps
    Get this. I bought some items...a week went by and no shipping confirmation email. I reached out to customer service and the package ended up getting delivered before they replied to the email.

Comment

• 13we2
      • Sep 2015

Originally posted by TheInformalGenius View Post
      Get this. I bought some items...a week went by and no shipping confirmation email. I reached out to customer service and the package ended up getting delivered before they replied to the email.
      Same experience here. Besides great at giving sloppy and wrong sizing guidance and when I tried to return they told me I'd have to pay shipping both ways and pay custom charges when the item goes back to Italy. Unheard of.

Comment

• jap808
        • Dec 2012

Some month ago, I had a proper assistance from PNP and OXS Rubber Soul.

I've bought a pair of OXS in 2016 at PNP (the one with the giant double sole) which quickly became one of my favourite sneakers so far. Unfortunatly after a year, the sole broke in two.
        I contacted OXS to ask for a repair and then send them the shoes, but -after checking them- they told me the sole was impossible to repair, so they contacted directly PNP and gave me a voucher for the entire amount of the shoes.

So I headed to PNP last august, get at least 2 hours of nice shopping assistance and ended up using the voucher (+ some cash, obviously) for the Forme scarf + BBS bambas (the ones I've just posted in "recent purchase") for a maximum satisfaction.

Comment

• Avalon
          • Sep 2017

I bought a pair of sneakers through Farfetch (last pair) and ended up with the wrong shoes. They’re quite similar but at the same time not. I didn’t send them back because I realized the ones I wanted were out of stock everywhere and I like this model too. I’m not sure I will buy low stock items again.

EDIT: I have since been contaced by support and let's just say I'm impressed.
          Last edited by Avalon; 03-20-2018, 03:05 PM.
          Originally posted by Faust
          Boots. Always, boots.

Comment

• TheInformalGenius
            • Oct 2015

Gotta give a shout out to Greg @ L'armoire. Ordered some BBS jeans....he helped me out with measurements Seamless transaction, quick shipping!

Comment

• kattah
              • Feb 2018

to add, rick owens LA has the best sales associates. non judgmental, super helpful, social, kind.

Comment

• nvsnli
                • Mar 2013

Once again superb customer service from Samsa G Tuchwaren.

Comment

• Monoral
                  • Mar 2014

Had good experience with Wolfensson in Vienna. The staff were very friendly and generous sizing on various good pieces.
                  Last edited by Monoral; 04-14-2018, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• derpington
                    • Oct 2009

Let me preface this by saying that I have had excellent experiences with Matteo and the associates at PN/P Firenze in the past. They have always been very helpful, responsive and flexible.

However, I inquired about a pair of BBS x Salomon Jungle Ultra boots in size 44. This is my normal size in most shoes. They had them available, so I purchased them, and they shipped them out quickly. When I received them and tried them on, they were VERY tight, and this is when I noticed the label:

It appears as if they had accidentally sent me the incorrect size. Not a huge issue, as mistakes happen. I contacted them, and they apologized, but told me that "on their label it is listed as 44" but they do have a size up if these are too small for me. I asked them what the size was on this other pair, and they stated that it was a size 45, and it had an outsole measurement of 31 cm. I then measured the pair I had, and discovered that the outsole measurement was nearly the same, so I asked them to confirm the size on the shoes they were measuring was indeed size 45, and they sent me these pictures of the shoes saying it was definitely a size 45:

I feel like I am going crazy because these are clearly not a size 45, and they are STILL smaller than the size 44 I originally ordered. The team is still being very responsive and helpful, but I am very confused about why they seem to be unable to correctly read the listed sizes on the footwear. I can understand if I were saying I was a size 9 without specifying whether it was US or UK and I got the incorrect size because of this, but Eur size is pretty unambiguous, so I don't understand what is going wrong.

Has anyone else had anything similar when ordering footwear from PN/P?

Comment

• tornaremavencer
                      • Aug 2012

Exactly the same thing happened to me, with the same shoes - I ordered size 43 and they sent me 42 i have no idea why, which are obviously too small.

No problem with returning them, so there is no issue, but something went very wrong with sizing on those.

Comment

• Rei
                        • Oct 2011

That's quite the fuck up. It baffles me how that can even happen with the size right there on the box and on the shoes. Especially since they've been very helpful with figuring out the right sizing with other footwear I've purchased from them.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                          • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Rei View Post
                          That's quite the fuck up. It baffles me how that can even happen with the size right there on the box and on the shoes. Especially since they've been very helpful with figuring out the right sizing with other footwear I've purchased from them.
                          for salomon you want to be looking at the US sizing, i wear 44 and i buy 45 1/3 in salomon which corrolates to a size 11 US. I wear 45 in guidi, and 44 in any other standard footwear brand, ma+,rick owens etc
                          Originally posted by unwashed
                          Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                          Originally posted by Ahimsa
                          I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• m.z
                            • Mar 2018

Same thing happened to me as well, I ordered size 42 but got sent 41 1/3. I emailed them a couple of days ago but they haven't gotten back to me. I saw online that they no longer have the 42 in stock, really hoping they'll do an exchange with tornaremavencer's returned pair.

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

That is bizarre.. they should obviously be sold as the size listed on the product and on the box.
                              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• woupes
                                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Dawn
                                So, I sent some pieces to Graham to sell for me, who runs the online consignment shop, re-porter. They were received on 2016/11/28 and 4 of those 7 items are still yet to be posted. I’ve no experience with any other online consignment, but I know for sure it doesn’t make you wait more than 1.5 years for your items to be posted. I always read nothing but great reviews/experience with Graham, so I trusted him and been extremely patient throughout this whole process, giving him the benefit of the doubt. It now seems like he has chosen to cut communication off and refuses to reply back to my multiple emails, despite showing activity on Instagram, sending out emails regarding sale alerts for his Calculus store, and replying back other people’s emails. I should also mention that I’m still waiting to be payed out for one of my items that was recently sold, maybe 1-2 weeks ago. Graham, if you’re reading this, please pay me out and send back my items that you haven’t posted up yet, costing 3k worth.
                                I had a similar experience with Graham a couple of years back. I too trusted him because of the credibility he has on this forum. As I recall he ignored me for awhile until I started leaving public posts on the Calculus page here on this forum, it took awhile&some badgering on my part but I did get my money for items sold and he did return the items that he never posted. In all he had my goods for about a year and a half, I didn't make any money and will never deal with him again.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎