Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • francojean23
    • Sep 2008

Whether one should adhere to the way a designer displays the work or not misses the point. The boots just don't work for the outfit. The boots drag down an otherwise really light and airy jumpsuit.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

In this case I will side with the Defender's opinion, though not with his method of expressing it.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Rick-A-Doodle
        • Oct 2014

There actually is a gap, but I had long socks on when I opened the package. But alas, its ruined. Except in this look theres not much of a gap, at all. And it's straight from Rick himself! Now I don't know what to think!

That being said, I don't mind the bigger boots. I'm not a frail human, and have particularly large legs, so small footwear can look funny.

Comment

• Defender
          Banned
          • Jan 2015

You'll notice the horizontal lines in these boots break up the look, despite the boots being high. They also have white lines for more visual contrast.

Also, there is a good and noticeable gap here that is not present in yours.

I'm glad that you went to source material for corrective inspiration and discussion of critical analysis as opposed to saying ignore people or posturing like a lot of people do on here lately.

Comment

• round
            • Aug 2015

Hat- Paul Harnden
            Shirt- Poeme Bohemien
            Coat- A Red August (find him in the DIY section)
            Boots- Guidi

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
              • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Defender View Post
              You'll notice the horizontal lines in these boots break up the look, despite the boots being high. They also have white lines for more visual contrast.

Also, there is a good and noticeable gap here that is not present in yours.

I'm glad that you went to source material for corrective inspiration and discussion of critical analysis as opposed to saying ignore people or posturing like a lot of people do on here lately.
              look I understand that you do not subscribe to personal style but people should be able to wear whatever they want however they want, now if they look like clowns with the stuff they mixed then that is their poor level of coordination. I do not know why you walk around here with a big stick when your fits are super low level, why should anyone respect your comments at all besides following the forum rules and just having basic human communication skills.

this is not #menswear or thom browne where there are rules (although most of the time broken anyways) the guy just has a bunch of rick on.

I used to be like you and In a way I still am, I dont buy a lot of brands and stick to fits that are relatively similar to the brand image, but I do not see how your fits are here to inspire anyone to wear head to toe in season runway.

anyways

a little bit ago
              Originally posted by unwashed
              Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
              Originally posted by Ahimsa
              I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Defender
                Banned
                • Jan 2015

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
                look I understand that you do not subscribe to personal style
                I think we understand each other.

You're actually one of the few remaining posters who does wear head to toe current season, which I enjoy. I have liked some of your Julius fits, even though I really dislike Julius, simply because you went all in on the current season, the dedication to which I enjoy as an ethos.

Regards

Comment

• Arkady
                  • Apr 2011

I think he pointed out you're an irrelevant dick, actually, so that's good to hear.

Comment

• Defender
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
                    I think he pointed out you're an irrelevant dick, actually, so that's good to hear.
                    You poor dear. Go get some fresh air.

Comment

• Arkady
                      • Apr 2011

I'm more the type to keep it authentic indoors with some good 19th century literature, mate

Comment

• gregor
                        • Oct 2014

Originally posted by round View Post

Hat- Paul Harnden
                        Shirt- Poeme Bohemien
                        Coat- A Red August (find him in the DIY section)
                        Boots- Guidi
                        how is poeme shirting? heard mixed things about it, but want to give it a shot, as i wasn't super fussed about my ph shirt either. maybe i'm just picky

looks great, though, i have to say i prefer a slimmer look when it comes to these brands, as opposed to giant, wide, cropped trousers.

Comment

• round
                          • Aug 2015

Originally posted by gregor View Post
                          how is poeme shirting? heard mixed things about it, but want to give it a shot, as i wasn't super fussed about my ph shirt either. maybe i'm just picky

looks great, though, i have to say i prefer a slimmer look when it comes to these brands, as opposed to giant, wide, cropped trousers.
                          Poeme shirting runs a size large from my experience, I think the quality is quite nice, at least from what I have handled thus far, its definitely worth giving it a shot and seeing if you like it, especially with the low prices on yoox.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

I think we understand each other.

You're actually one of the few remaining posters who does wear head to toe current season, which I enjoy. I have liked some of your Julius fits, even though I really dislike Julius, simply because you went all in on the current season, the dedication to which I enjoy as an ethos.

Regards
                            If you don't stop shitting on the forum in general I am going to throw you out. Fair warning, and I mean it. Choose your words carefully in your next post.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• SafetyKat
                              • Aug 2014

Regards
                              Haruumph, indeed! *Sniffs into werkstatt munchen snuff box*

Comment

• upsilonkng
                                • May 2010

forme d'expression sweater, drkshdw jeans, rick faun shoes.

this is Defender going hard at some season... some lame ass adidas shox w/ jeans and a black sweater... wow or more likely wouldn't have notice if u didn't keep sticking those cheap ass adidas in ur mouth. Also ur mixing brands and that's against ur rules, not sure if Rick had a "German tourist trying to look hard while vacationing w/ his Parents" season? maybe ? maybe not..

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎