Clear All
  • nakata
    Banned
    • Oct 2009

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Found another one. Not as funny as lowreys, but pretty good, too.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cuddly
        • Sep 2007

love my iphone 4. official phone of sz.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Albert, did you say earlier that you are using Apple TV + Boxee? How are you liking it? Thinking to go this route - tired of watching Netflix on my computer.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

Hey E!

I sure do. I've been using it pretty regularly for p90x actually hahaha

It takes a little bit of time to set it all up and honestly I've not been able to get the videos through the apps to work (not enough time right now to fiddle with it). Even so, I've been able to easily link it to my desktop imac (and it can link to pc's as well) for streaming and automatic categorization and even ratings/descriptions of movies/tv shows that it adds purely through automatically recognizing the file name.

All in all, it's been a nice purchase and at $200, not bad at all costwise. I think you can even score one on ebay for less from people who can't be arsed to to do things like Boxee.

...tomorrow I may stop by the AT&T store to inquire about the iphone 4. I have a 3gs which I've jailbroken and unlocked even though I'm on AT&T and it seems like an iphone 4 is $200 with continuation of my contract. If so, I'd be a fool not to upgrade since an unlocked 3gs on the open market sells for nearly $400.
            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Albert, how the hell did you unlock it? I THOUGHT I unlocked it with pownage (I have the pineapple logo, cydia, the works), until I got to France and inserted a local SIM, and it said it's invalid. Good thing I had a backup phone.

Have you streamed Netflix through ATV/Boxee? How is the quality?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                Albert, how the hell did you unlock it? I THOUGHT I unlocked it with pownage (I have the pineapple logo, cydia, the works), until I got to France and inserted a local SIM, and it said it's invalid. Good thing I had a backup phone.

Have you streamed Netflix through ATV/Boxee? How is the quality?
                Hm, I unlocked my dad's gs3 for him using one of the programs through cydia (can't remember it now but it's the common one). It worked for him when he went to China last month. I've not tested mine since I haven't had the opportunity to get out of the country in quite some time hahaha

I also have not streamed netflix through boxee since we cancelled our account with them. Ultimately we just got tired of scanning to see what was available and instead just download/redbox exactly what we want to watch instead Reviews have been good though from what I've read and when set up correctly Boxee gives you access to other sites and videos and the world radio stations on ATV/Boxee is sweet. I was listening to jazz from Hilo, Hawaii yesterday
                www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Got a new toy. Very happy with it - now I can stream Netflix on my TV. Works like a charm, quality is excellent. Why haven't I done this earlier?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ardeetee
                    • Apr 2007

^roku also has a similar player that is around the same price range. I used it a bit in the beginning but not much after the first couple weeks ;p

Comment

• endersgame
                      • Aug 2009

^^ yeah i dumped the roku within the trial period after i discovered i don't really watch netflix or movies in general..

Comment

• doldrums
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        Got a new toy. Very happy with it - now I can stream Netflix on my TV. Works like a charm, quality is excellent. Why haven't I done this earlier?
                        Is it just the "instant now" movies or is it the whole library? Assume the former as that's all ny netflix ready tv is capable of...still nice tho...
                        Last edited by doldrums; 07-30-2010, 08:27 PM.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

only the streaming, but i am sure this is the way of the future - everything will be streaming.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• endersgame
                            • Aug 2009

this thing is going in my imac this week. i hope the 60gb is enough to hold the os and apps..

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

looks like HTC is planning a follow up for the Desire:

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Can they drop the dumb names? I am sure the phones are great, but man, a little marketing goes a long way.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎