X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tyhsien
    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    Try any number of our affiliates - that's what those banners on the front page are for. Yes, I went to the showroom, but photos are not allowed.
    Yes I did try, did sent a few emails out awaiting for their reply. One of the affiliates got back to me due to policy reason he can't ship ma+ across to me but only able to purchase only at his shop. Don't want to push him i still want to conduct biz with him in the future. Was hoping if there's a website to his achieves.

How was his showroom? Was the man there himself?

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Yes, he was. To be honest it was a little bit of a letdown. But with these brands the stores can always order from the back catalog, so I'm sure it will be fine once it hits the racks.

I think h.lorenzo puts up a good deal of m.a.+ online. The Archive usually has a very good buy as well.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• tyhsien
        • Sep 2014

Yes, he was. To be honest it was a little bit of a letdown. But with these brands the stores can always order from the back catalog, so I'm sure it will be fine once it hits the racks.

I think h.lorenzo puts up a good deal of m.a.+ online. The Archive usually has a very good buy as well.
        I'm looking for the tshirt he's wearing from the photo someslashthing posted on instagram, a portrait of the man himself.

(photo credit to @akaunagi) which looks like this. Can you confirm what he is wearing is similar to > http://shop.hlorenzo.com/products/me..._high_risk_red

Maybe it looks really good because his arm is just nice for the tshirt but it looks really good for summer wear. heh

edit add more image (@anchoret_beijing)

Last edited by tyhsien; 07-05-2015, 11:27 AM.

Comment

• Mistifique
          • Mar 2014

Looking for new leather Aviator - what leather type is better ? VA looks interesting,but maybe any recommendations before pulling the trigger?
          So Pure... So Cold
          Transilvanian Hunger

Comment

• psidy
            • Sep 2014

This threads been quiet for some time now

Just purchased this lovely belt from M.a+!
            Last edited by psidy; 12-05-2015, 06:25 PM.

Comment

• GucciAmen
              • Sep 2014

Valiant effort psidy, I'll do my part too, as I have enjoyed going through this thread a few times in the past while.

Been getting into maurizio's work over the past couple months, and I've liked everything I've come to pick up from him. At the start, his pieces are stiff and uncomfortable, but even after a day or two of wear, it becomes a second skin that I often forget I'm wearing. Like the leather shirt I received today was rigid and frankly a bit of a pain initially, but after breaking in, it has formed to my figure (like my cotton aviator) -- not sure if I'm anomalous but I have not found better fitting clothing thus far (near tailored).

The anatomical design and minimalism in seams is beautiful to look at, and falls on the body in a very organic way, giving very elegant silhouettes, as well as embracing movement (once broken in). The fabric/leather is treated with a visible intent to age, yet still full of ethereal character from the start (pretty sure he sources from Guidi, and/or did something similar in the process to CCP, as my crushed leather shirt smells exactly like my carol derbies I had some time ago).

I have noticed that his pieces evolve minimally over the seasons, as more of a continuation in design, than the presentation of overtly novel pieces. Which I can respect, and appreciate, as it has allowed him to "perfect" many of his staple garments (although I do prefer the more extreme proportions on my aviator to the more balanced iterations put out today).

Does anyone who visited the SS16 showroom have any info on the footwear? Thanks!

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

m.a.+ started making a relaxed fit of the aviator, with side pockets and fitting true to size. A welcome development!
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• t3hg0suazn
                  • Jan 2013

if only he would shorten the sleeves...

Comment

• dji
                    • Feb 2008

m.a.+ started making a relaxed fit of the aviator, with side pockets and fitting true to size. A welcome development!
                    more space in the mid section too, maybe middle age has finally caught up with him.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Haha, no, he's as skinny as ever. I think it's more clients complaining :-)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• drizzly
                        Banned
                        • Apr 2012

Amadei looks towards the end of this middle age; hence, he is known as grandma.

Comment

• oulipien
                          • Feb 2016

The Berkeley Art Museum/Pacific Film Archive has an exhibit up with some folded ceramics (done around 1900) that put me in mind of some of Amadei's stuff:

Comment

• Kuat
                            • Nov 2012

His biker jackets (my fav) got more relaxed too.

I remember a couple years ago I bough a cotton biker jacket in sz 52 and it was small on me (i'm a true sz 50). A custom order coat in size 52 was also small me, so I had to sell it, which got me really upset.

Couple of months ago i bought another biker jacket size 54 (in leather though) and had to exchange it to sz 50. So he actually makes true to size items nowadays, which is great cause it's easier to order without worrying about the fit.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

pieces are evidently slowly getting bigger. I took a 46 in the very first iteration of the grey aviator when I was a 50.
                              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Now, let's shorten the arms a bit, and we are on track!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎