Comment

• interest1
          • Nov 2008

relaxed
          sain't

Comment

• DamageX
            • Dec 2008

Those are really nice leather pants; slim leather pants are on my list of clothing that I would like to own.

This Alaia piece is extraordinary:

This AW12 one as well:

Comment

• Crowzer
              • Feb 2011

Olga Maliouk - Elle Italia November 2007

Comment

• interest1
                • Nov 2008

Old leather belts repurposed on floors, walls, doors, etc.

Ting London
                sain't

Comment

• curiouscharles
                  • Jan 2008

^^^
                  very cool, but rather dangerous / tempting fodder for clothing moths... :/

-

Comment

• interest1
                    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by curiouscharles View Post

^^^
                    very cool, but rather dangerous / tempting fodder for clothing moths... :/
                    Really? I've had moths go after woolens, but never an issue with any of my leather. I'm assuming the designer treats/seals her work somehow, especially the flooring, but the website doesn't go into depth about her process.

I really love the elevator door (first photo).
                    sain't

Comment

• AngelofDeath
                      • Jun 2012

Really ingenious idea. I love all of these, especially the second to last photo with the belts going vertical against the horizontal paneling of the wood and stone.
                      I want you to tell me who you are in your dreams. Who is there? And is it beautiful like music?

Comment

• curiouscharles
                        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
                        Really? I've had moths go after woolens, but never an issue with any of my leather. I'm assuming the designer treats/seals her work somehow, especially the flooring, but the website doesn't go into depth about her process.

I really love the elevator door (first photo).
                        i'm fortunate enough to never have had any moth problems [simultaneously knocking on all wooden surfaces as i write this], but in my prevention research learned that leathers are among their favorite to eat.

they're essentially carnivores, and eat the flesh of any dead animal product - with shearlings being a particularly tempting target for them [animal fur AND skin? SCORE!]

mind you, the larva apparently prefer wriggling around among folded piles of clothing in dark areas - hence the presumption that they prefer woolens [as most people leave these folded in a pile in a dark corner of their closet for an entire season].

clothes that stay on hangers [ie - leather jackets], and that are worn frequently shouldn't ever have a moth problem.

/aside over.

i personally love the leather-belt rug concept best, and find it interesting how the shape & assembly can mirror / echo brick [when used on vertical surfaces], and hardwood flooring [when used on horizontal surfaces / the floor].

-

Comment

• interest1
                          • Nov 2008

I'm lucky, too, in that I've had next to nothing ruined by moth larvae with the exception of one Ann sweater (at least they had good taste). Had no idea leather could be a target. I'll be stocking up on cedar blocks this week, thank you very much.

I had a friend in Brooklyn whose entire closet became infested with moths. Thousands of dollars in mostly Dries full of holes. She nearly went out of her mind. Another reason never to live in Brooklyn.

Back to the leather belting: I would love a partial interior wall, floor to ceiling, wrapped in various black. All other walls left white. I think that would be quite a statement.
                          sain't

Comment

• schemedream
                            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
                            I had a friend in Brooklyn whose entire closet became infested with moths. Thousands of dollars in mostly Dries full of holes. She nearly went out of her mind. Another reason never to live in Brooklyn.

How do you go on after something like that? I think that's the type of situation where I would break whatever was closest to me in a raging inferno of anguish. I hope your friend is still able to participate in fashion in any way after an episode like that...

Comment

• interest1
                              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by schemedream View Post

How do you go on after something like that? I think that's the type of situation where I would break whatever was closest to me in a raging inferno of anguish. I hope your friend is still able to participate in fashion in any way after an episode like that...
                              She deserved it. Moth karma. People who allow their insecurities to overshadow their humanity are best left out of one's inner circle, because they don't exactly have your best interests at heart. Notice I'd said had a friend, not have. Besides, she's the only person who could be in head-to-toe Dries and still manage to look homeless. And that's before the moth holes! If that isn't the damnedest thing..
                              sain't

Comment

• Crowzer
                                • Feb 2011

We miss pictures

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎