• Show
Clear All
  • Patroklus
    Banned
    • Feb 2011

Comment

• Crowzer
      • Feb 2011

I bought Dishonored ! Woot, excellent game for now but the visual quality is not good at top for a 2012 soft. If you override that, the gameplay is really nice and fun.

Comment

• Pontifex
        • Jun 2010

no LOTRO gamers?
        oh, R'lyeh?

Comment

• gotoid
          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Pontifex View Post
          no LOTRO gamers?
          Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 are the only MMO i got into

Comment

• Zenith
            • Jun 2009

Ok now that I've finished RE6, let's get to what I liked about it out of the way first:

- The layout of the campaigns, and how they crossed over.
            - The amount of fan service, never did I think they'd address Sherry outside of Weskers reports, let alone to have her as a fully playable character complete with G virus.
            - The worlds, from the catacombs to the docks, everything seemed wonderfully realized, far more memorable than that the last game.
            - The characterization and emotion. The least hammy Resident evil to date. Even during the cheesy parts, both facially and voice actor wise everything seemed extremely sincere and authentic, especially Chris and Jake's campaigns.
            - The quickshot, great addition to the moveset, even if it was overpowered depending on who you played as (Piers quickshot with his rifle tears through EVERYTHING in the game)

What I didn't like (which I haven't mentioned previously)
            - Lack of ammo, especially during Chris/Jake campaigns
            - Why the hell is melee so powerful? I can't drop zombies and super soldiers with a gun but I can just run up to them and suplex them to death no problem? And this is before any upgrades.
            - The camera, I'm not talking about not seeing behind your back, I'm saying how it erratically moves when you adjust it. Felt like I was getting motion sickness during Leon's campaign.
            - The "Set pieces", so many things wrong with these, like for example you have to shoot barrel in one, simple right? Nope, you can barely aim at it in time. Or the train dodging, I think I died about 10 times because the dodge prompt would not turn up at all. Other than QTE madness I hated how scripted everything was, random cars crashing everywhere. Also during alot of the "running" scenes, characters would stagger and bump into each other, or not respond to button prompts (Leon in the catacombs, Ada in her first level)
            - The bosses, alot of the times I had no idea if I was doing any damage to the bosses, I guess its a luxury I had gotten to use to from previous games.
            - Jake's final boss...are you kidding me? After all the running/nemesis like copying, it turns into that?!
            - Ada Wong, everything that her character has become.

When I'm talking about problem with the action. Let's compare the first house invasion scene near the start of RE4...or even the cabin scene with Luis, remember how you you ran from room to room, pumping through intruders? Shells, bullets and grenades flying everywhere, each enemy providing you new ammo for a thirsty chamber ready to reloaded. While you were never really low on ammo, the pressure was always on, enemies would become tougher and more frequent. Things became more desperate as they broke through barricades and came at you from all angles. Now compare this to the shack scene with Leon/survivors, or the cabin scene with Jake/Sherry. It's clumsy, you never feel the thrill of fighting off intruders, because you are severely under prepared ammo wise, and the duck/cover mechanics are so severely gimped there's really not much to do besides going in for the melee, or running in circles like a headless chicken while you reload/look for ammo/sneak in another melee. Now if Capcom could even half replicate a gears style cover mechanic, maybe it would be serviceable.

you will hate one of those rooms that look completely untextured and unfinished.. it's just white. when playing that i was sure it'd become flame-bait.. oh gosh..
            I actually quite liked that scene...especially controlling the cameras, the "gameplay" where you had to melee all the guards was extremely painful to get through though.

...the movement mechanics certainly have improved such as you can actually move and shoot instead before you had to stay still just to fire, and i like the dash then dive as turning around to fire, found that shit pretty dope...
            You can do more in terms of movement yeah, shame its so tank like and clunky its very rarely of any use, you need to be a sadist to try and finish this on the highest setting.

Only the name RESIDENT EVIL form what it was in 2,3 even 4 its a completely another game > why capcom doing it ????
            remake RE2 and RE3 ! why to release such a piece of shit ?
            RE4 was a radical departure too, but it was a good game. If anything this is far closer (in theme) to the older RE games than 4 or 5 were. I agree I would like a REmake of Re2, but alas I think that window has passed. Time to move forward.
            Last edited by Zenith; 10-21-2012, 05:08 PM.

Comment

• Patroklus
              Banned
              • Feb 2011

DUN
              DUNDUNDUN
              DUNDUNDUNDUN DUH DUNDUNDUN

IMPERATOR. IMPERATOR. IMPERATOR? TRIARII. TRI-TRI-TRI-TRIARII! IMPERATOR?

Comment

• lalilulelo
                • Sep 2012

The trailer for Halo 4 is impressive, David Fincher directed it...

Comment

• AngelofDeath
                  • Jun 2012

So hyped. Less than two weeks.
                  I want you to tell me who you are in your dreams. Who is there? And is it beautiful like music?

Comment

• Zenith
                    • Jun 2009

Anyone bought Nights on live/PSN? The only great game Sonic team made on their own...er excluding sonic 1. Shame it has the PS2 mechanics...but still amazing regardless

Comment

• volta
                      • May 2009

Originally posted by Zenith View Post
                      The only great game Sonic team made on their own...
                      does this statement include christmas NiGHTS?

.. burning 'motherfucking' rangers want a talk.

speaking saturn, we need kenji eno back in the industry. what a brilliant and wonderful depressed troll.

Kenji Eno's unofficial sequel to D hit the Saturn in quite a cheeky way. The game was originally going to be a PlaySataion release until Sony annoyed Kenji Eno (Founder of Warp). What happened was that Kenji Eno was making the first official press announcement of Enemy Zero. He showed the game running on a massive screen ending with the PlayStation logo. All the Sony fan boys and employees were cheering at this point until what has got to be one of the funniest things to ever happen at a press conference. The PlayStation logo started to morph in to the Sega Saturn logo. The crowds gawked in amazement at first then let out a great cheer while the previous cheering crowd fell silent. You sure have to give Kenji Eno credit for having the balls to do what he did.
                      .. he also ripped the head of sony's jumping flash- mascot and stomped on it.

WARP was so awesome.. [ueda is in there, working on the animation before he went on to create ico and sotc]

edit; and begged for a whole night in the hotel for 'michael nyman' to compose the game until he said yes just to gtfo of there. the stories goes on.. a very passionate guy.
                      Last edited by volta; 10-26-2012, 12:24 AM.

Comment

• Zenith
                        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by volta View Post
                        does this statement include christmas NiGHTS?

.. burning 'motherfucking' rangers want a talk.
                        Inlcudes xmas Nights. Oh and Burning rangers is ASS imo. I loved it when I had my saturn. Booted it a couple of months ago, game has aged, badly, Mitsuyoshi's vocals aside. Night's 3d engine for the game hasnt held up very well. Nights on the other hand is still brilliant when you aren't playing as the kids. I'm not even sure if a HD remake would save it.

edit; and begged for a whole night in the hotel for 'michael nyman' to compose the game until he said yes just to gtfo of there. the stories goes on..
                        Wait, what?

Comment

• volta
                          • May 2009

Originally posted by Zenith View Post
                          what?
                          of all the things to comment on?

nyman was in japan donating pianos to schools affected by the earthquake at the time and since kenji was apparently a fan.. or just felt it, it's how it went down.

is your saturn 60hz? edit - read that wrong.

try taito's pulirula if haven't already.

the new double dragon, SO BRO! glad that yamane's mission 1 & 'riot (industrial area)/mission 2 made into the game as new arrangements, was really fun brawling to those after such a long time. the game itself is quite good but it suffer from the lack of movesets, not being able kneeing someone in the face is not very DD-ish.. and the aesthetic is pretty terrible and bland. fans of the genre should still pick it up because it has redeeming qualities.

the rest is not that good..

btw, the neo geo x intrigues greatly. though as of now it's just too mysterious. are they trying to hide that it is just the quality of a cheap knock-off?
                          Last edited by volta; 10-29-2012, 06:13 PM.

Comment

• volta
                            • May 2009

more bio.................... sorry.

cliffy b, piss off -- weren't you the one copying biohazard in the first place? that's right. and many complaints has been that it's too much like gears now (lame choice of comparison.. that's gamers...) makes no sense. he said he would quit, yet he's tweeting about other companies like a little attention whore (surprise). yet another one who think he's a god in whatever he does. knowing capcom's stupidity and listening way too much to fans, they will probably hire this untalented hack.

not only does people associate good stuff with their awful taste, but the 'east vs west' and how anything with a realistic style is considered 'westernized' is so fucking dumb.

shit news, here goes:

Former Epic design director Cliff Bleszinski has offered his services to Capcom to bring the ailing Resident Evil series back on track.

“Hey, Capcom. Call me,” he wrote in a tweet. “We can fix Resident Evil. Together.”

The series has seen a steady decline over the past two main entries: Resident Evil 5 failed to rise out of 4‘s long shadow and felt dated; while 6′s attempt to appeal to as many players as possible left it unfocused.

Of course, Bleszinski’s tweet generated plenty of responses from fans eager to see what the Gears Of War designer could bring to Capcom’s zombie series. But that tweet could just as easily have been the outpouring of a man frustrated by Resident Evil 6′s sycophantic desire to please all at the cost of its own personality.
                            Last edited by volta; 10-29-2012, 07:51 PM.

Comment

• AngelofDeath
                              • Jun 2012

Sounds like a solid plan, recruiting the designer from one shitty franchise for another one that's in dire need of a makeover. Definitely don't think looking to Gears of War or the people involved is the answer. Silent Hill or Bioshock, maybe. Getting Yamaoka or someone similar to handle the soundtrack would at least be beneficial.
                              I want you to tell me who you are in your dreams. Who is there? And is it beautiful like music?

Comment

• Zenith
                                • Jun 2009

I don't know about you, but if Chris could actually stick to walls and shoot from cover like Marcus could, alot of RE6 would have been alot less infuriating.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎