• okayvin
      • Sep 2013

Originally posted by gregor View Post
      i get paid in usd, and it's such a blessing
      me too, after I graduate in a few months

Comment

• aussy
        • Jul 2011

What's with the increase in marketing language and hype in second hand listings? Don't miss your chance on this iconic piece! Maybe I've just been on Grailed too much...

Comment

• ADreamofBlue
          • Sep 2015

Originally posted by aussy View Post
          What's with the increase in marketing language and hype in second hand listings? Don't miss your chance on this iconic piece! Maybe I've just been on Grailed too much...
          People love stories/embellishment. One of many aspects to being a successful salesman.
          who slips in to my body and whispers to my ghost?

Comment

• Lex1017
            • Jul 2015

Originally posted by ADreamofBlue View Post
            People love stories/embellishment. One of many aspects to being a successful salesman.
            A lot of the "rare" pieces are the oddly coloured, unpopular runway pieces that no retailers bought and were only sold on the website and in flagships (and were bought at maximum markdown). Hard to believe anyone falls for those pitches, especially if you lurk online retailers once and a while. As an aside, how do people on grailed acquire full size runs of items to sell? Are they stores selling their unused inventories? People trying to profit on marked down stock? Theft? Fake?

Comment

• ADreamofBlue
              • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Lex1017 View Post
              A lot of the "rare" pieces are the oddly coloured, unpopular runway pieces that no retailers bought and were only sold on the website and in flagships (and were bought at maximum markdown). Hard to believe anyone falls for those pitches, especially if you lurk online retailers once and a while. As an aside, how do people on grailed acquire full size runs of items to sell? Are they stores selling their unused inventories? People trying to profit on marked down stock? Theft? Fake?
              To you, me and most of the people on this board: yes, they can be ridiculous and we see right through them. However, I'm not sure how many tourists wind up on Grailed/seller pages through some search engine and don't know any better. I'd be interested to see where the majority of Grailed's traffic gets redirected from...

As for your latter questions, I have hunches but nothing concrete to go on. Maybe Faust or one of the SZ vets have an idea...
              who slips in to my body and whispers to my ghost?

Comment

• aussy
                • Jul 2011

In my mind, consumers of this type of clothing are primarily interested in the story the designer is selling directly or marketing/celebrity hype, not that of some random seller without any taste making clout. Details on the production and construction or even a simple "it looks sick" would better sell the piece. My eyes glaze over whenever I read any generalized, buzzy sell, especially those that label any ole piece shown on the runway as iconic. I would say that's a sign of bad salesmanship.

Also re: Lex1017's question, I've seen a number of sellers unloading multiple sizes straight from spence and other discount retailers. I can't speak to whether stores sell backstock on the site, but since I don't see any limitation listed in the rules on the type of sellers permitted I'd say its probable but hasn't yet been exploited.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                  • Apr 2013

you can get stuff 80 percent off from family sales including Rick Owens sometimes.
                  Originally posted by unwashed
                  Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                  Originally posted by Ahimsa
                  I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by aussy View Post
                    Grailed is poison. It turns everything into mere product. I've been approached a few times by sites like these to monetize SZs classifieds and I have turned them down. I like that for most people our classifieds are an extension of community.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• curiouscharles
                      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      Grailed is poison. It turns everything into mere product. I've been approached a few times by sites like these to monetize SZs classifieds and I have turned them down. I like that for most people our classifieds are an extension of community.
                      there's been a pronounced decline in buyer "attitude" ever since grailed's inception as well.

definitely poison.

-

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by curiouscharles View Post
                        there's been a pronounced decline in buyer "attitude" ever since grailed's inception as well.

definitely poison.
                        Well, that's exactly it, isn't it? The pervasive bargain hunting especially. Trailed seems to be full of high school kids who saw the RO tee on Kanye West and are now saving their allowance to get it.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• round
                          • Aug 2015

i lost my favorite silly hat a few days ago, i was utterly crushed, i trashed my entire house looking for it, went outside and dumped out the disgusting garbage and sifted through, I couldn't find it, all hope was lost.

on wednesday i found my goofy hat in the basement of a church sitting on top of a tray of oreos. reunited at last.

Comment

• stagename
                            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by round View Post
                            i found my goofy hat in the basement of a church sitting on top of a tray of oreos. reunited at last.
                            Now I want more information. How did the hat get there? Why does the hat like oreos? Is the hat catholic? So many un-answered questions...

Comment

• curiouscharles
                              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              Well, that's exactly it, isn't it? The pervasive bargain hunting especially. Trailed seems to be full of high school kids who saw the RO tee on Kanye West and are now saving their allowance to get it.
                              "what's your best price?"

"xxx dollars"

"but that's your best price?"

"fuck you."

-

Comment

• zamb
                                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by curiouscharles View Post
                                "what's your best price?"

"xxx dollars"

"but that's your best price?"

"fuck you."
                                #deadins'...........
                                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎