• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kunk75
    Banned
    • May 2008

PSA: I went to the Barneys Warehouse Sale so you don't have to

Well, the dog was up early, so I was too. Decided to head in. Lines were short and rightfully so : this blows beyond even the typical warehouse sale.

First, the bad news: No rick, no Ann (save for some suede sneakers with an unfortunate white sole, marked down to $589), no MMM (unless you're a collector of painted posthumous MMM GAT replicas — there's a ton). 80% of the shoes are Barney's store brand.

Now the good news: There is a ton of stuff from the best American designers working today — if your interpretation is the same as GQ's. Who doesn't love Bastian and his friends?

And in the biggest revelation, I finally discovered who the Geller and Ervell customer is — it's Barneys Warehouse Sale!

There were 3 racks of each designer and I have to say, I have never aligned myself with PETA but they are missing the boat in not going after Geller for his cruel and unusual punishment of cows in making the worst quality leather this side of Forever 21. I know petroleum costs are high but he could have saved an animal by using the leather in the first place instead of using leather that feels like plastic. I hate to be so nasty but it really was awful.

Sorry ladies, I didn't venture into womenswear.
  • Prototypes
    • Oct 2008

its going downhill since 07 man

btw, what sort of ervell stuff did u recall seeing kunk? any parachute jackets?

Comment

• kunk75
      Banned
      • May 2008

it all looks the same to me, i don't like any of that shit so it just saves me 3 racks worth of time

Comment

• PaintedBlack_7
        • Sep 2010

[QUOTE=kunk75;290396]

There were 3 racks of each designer and I have to say, I have never aligned myself with PETA but they are missing the boat in not going after Geller for his cruel and unusual punishment of cows in making the worst quality leather this side of Forever 21. I know petroleum costs are high but he could have saved an animal by using the leather in the first place instead of using leather that feels like plastic. I hate to be so nasty but it really was awful.

/QUOTE]

Are all Geller leathers that bad? Someone was tellingme about how i should sell my leathers and get more "traditional" leathers from geller particularly the cadet jacket.

I wrote it off as nonsense since that jacket fits and appears to be from an old 90's gap commercial. (same person was telling me about how awesome Steven Alan reverse seam shirts were too so....)

Comment

• kunk75
          Banned
          • May 2008

they look awful. design is okay but the leather made me cry

Comment

• JD_May
            • Apr 2010

No doubt some of this stuff will end up flipped on Superfuture.

Geller has a few pieces every collection that I like, and a bunch I don't. Have the leathers ever been good quality? I'd seen them each season since fw08 at Gravity Pope and they always felt pretty lifeless and flimsy to me, not much different from the rag & bone and filippa k leathers they sat next to.
            In a perfect world you could fuck people without ever giving them a piece of your heart.
            And every glittering kiss and every touch of flesh is another shard of heart you'll never see again.

Comment

• PaintedBlack_7
              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by JD_May View Post
              No doubt some of this stuff will end up flipped on Superfuture.

Geller has a few pieces every collection that I like, and a bunch I don't. Have the leathers ever been good quality? I'd seen them each season since fw08 at Gravity Pope and they always felt pretty lifeless and flimsy to me, not much different from the rag & bone and filippa k leathers they sat next to.
              Any Rag + Bone shirts?
              Love Martin Greenfield tailoring.

Comment

• Carpe Noctem
                • Dec 2010

Yeah it's really really bad. I got a pair of Common Projects for cheap but everything else is really questionable.
                "My Roll is to Rock"
                -Jimmy Page

Comment

• edhohoho
                  • Jan 2011

The Barney's warehouse sale in LA totally sucked. Prices were the same as the "last call" at the retail stores. The selection was picked over and consisted of multiples of the same leftover crap. The nicest thing I saw was a lone RO jacket in size XL hidden amidst a sea of really bad quality leathers. Too bad I'm size S.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎