Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Qwerty
    • Oct 2011

I like this collection, a lot of wearable pieces here, a lot of ease...but I don't lllluuuurrrve it, I wish I do, but my heart didn't skip a beat like it did with many of his past collections.

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

this is fantastic. my favourite collection of the season so far. hell, this might be my favourite collection from the past few seasons. plenty of variance with a few strong themes that all flow together well.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• surver
        • Oct 2007

a master is a master

Comment

• laika
          • Sep 2006

absolutely lovely...i come back too look at this several times a day because there is to much to see and to love.

there is a really wonderful simplicity and lightness to these looks and yet the collection is richly textured in the way it echoes so many of yohji's touchstones.
          ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

And there will be lots of it in StyleZeitgeist magazine come next spring.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MJRH
              • Nov 2006

i agree that raw and textured, as mentioned above, are both good words to describe these images.

i would also add visceral. there are some collections where the clothes are lifeless in photos yet magical in person. but Mr. Yamamoto's shows somehow manage to retain their magic in photograph, as if the clothing refuses to let itself be captured and tamed by the camera (like the soul of a primitive?)—as if a fragment of the motion of the cloth itself were latent in the still image. this particular season conveys that emotion to me very strongly.
              ain't no beauty queens in this locality

Comment

• Fade to Black
                • Sep 2008

Not really crazy about this collection, a lot of it feels kind of not this or that to me. I liked the look with the long flowy navy cardigan, striped top and orange-y skirt though.
                www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

I would say that Mr. Yamamoto (and Uma Wang) hit the jackpot this season from all the collections.

I love how there is almost no cohesion at one point but then it picks up the rhythm again. The use of flat shoes with such elegant pieces is great too for us chicks who get tired of the 3D skyscraper heels that everyone else is pushing out. Think I'll wear a tribute to this tonight.

Comment

• Verdandi
                    • Mar 2012

The military pieces (which I thought to be so out of place) seem to be part of a new line called REGULATION

press release

Some additional shots of the collection can be found here
                    lavender menace

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Could've been Boot Camp!
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• rider
                        eyes of the world
                        • Jun 2009

have a feeling regulation is going to do very well for yohji. barneys has some up and immediately you see its not your run of the mill regulation streetwear. as often is the case with yohji the back of the garments are the treat. strict and soft all at once.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Those look good! I could see the right person totally rocking the jumpsuits.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• safeword123
                            • Jul 2008

ouch, the pricing is not any more affordable than his mainline... sorry, i know we are not supposed to discuss sales in this thread.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎