X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TarHeart
    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by merkuri View Post
    i apologize in advance but seeing this vs. a christian fit is like a lesson in how to have swagger vs. how not to. this doesn't look right on you in the slightest in my opinion.
    you do not look at all comfortable in this IMO.
    I disagree. I don't think it's fair to compare Dannyagency to Christian just because he happen to have the same kind of boots. Somehow this forum seem really small if two members can't wear the same things? I don't know, it seems like an unfair comparison.

I somehow agree with your last sentiment, but who are we to decide? I don't think you can judge that just from a couple of photos.

I think it's a great outfit, almost too great, I mean there is too much good stuff, I would suggest you to select the garments you want to emphasize and match them with more discrete stuff.

It's overkill, but each piece is wonderful.

Comment

• Sombre
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Liquid View Post
      Geez, you people are harsh. This looks siilar to a lot of outfits people post here until you get to the shoes. I think they look silly, but everyone else has already said that, and I'm sure Liquid expected that, so no surprise there. One thing those ninja replicas do have going for them is that they follow the shape of the foot very well.
      An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
      I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Liquid
        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
        Geez, you people are harsh. This looks siilar to a lot of outfits people post here until you get to the shoes. I think they look silly, but everyone else has already said that, and I'm sure Liquid expected that, so no surprise there. One thing those ninja replicas do have going for them is that they follow the shape of the foot very well.
        I will admit they look a lot better with pants covering them.

For the record the outfit is
        -RO sweater
        -RO shirt
        -Kiryuyrik cargo pants (generally bad mid-tier japanese brand, by 2 rogue yohji employees)
        -Goth Bovine Ninja Deluxe
        Clothes make the man. Naked people have little to no influence on society. -MT

Comment

• Venus in Furs
          Banned
          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by TarHeart View Post
          I disagree. I don't think it's fair to compare Dannyagency to Christian just because he happen to have the same kind of boots. Somehow this forum seem really small if two members can't wear the same things? I don't know, it seems like an unfair comparison.

I somehow agree with your last sentiment, but who are we to decide? I don't think you can judge that just from a couple of photos.

I think it's a great outfit, almost too great, I mean there is too much good stuff, I would suggest you to select the garments you want to emphasize and match them with more discrete stuff.

It's overkill, but each piece is wonderful.
          I gotta agree with merkuri, this outfit does not suit him at all. It's not that 2 members can't wear the same thing, it's that one not only pulls off the look, but makes the clothes his own. Christian's outfits almost always reflect something about who he is. On the other hand, dannyagency's outfit looks contrived. It doesn't suit him at all. Each piece may be 'wonderful' but clothes need to not only suit your body type, but they should reflect something about who you are, they should suit/reflect your personality/lifestyle. I know I can't say anything about who Christian and dannyagency are in real life, but one looks completely natural in their clothes, the other doesn't.

Comment

• Castor
            • Nov 2009

Harsh.
            Originally posted by DRRRK
            The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Castor View Post
              Harsh.
              I think Venus was quite sober in his remarks and not mean at all - why do you say it's harsh?
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Venus in Furs
                Banned
                • Aug 2009

I don't mean to be harsh. But some people on here, when they post outfits, I feel like I learn something about who they are and how they live. To be able to express yourself through garments like that is amazing, that you can feel like you know someone because of their style and outfits.

Comment

• interest1
                  • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Liquid View Post
                  I will admit they look a lot better with pants covering them.

For the record the outfit is
                  -RO sweater
                  -RO shirt
                  -Kiryuyrik cargo pants (generally bad mid-tier japanese brand, by 2 rogue yohji employees)
                  -Goth Bovine Ninja Deluxe
                  sain't

Comment

• Castor
                    • Nov 2009

My opinion is that he is a new member posting his first pictures and he was criticized for not owning his look or for somehow not being authentic. Furthermore, by being compared to a very well liked long term member here, it made it seem as if he was being accused of copying someone's look. Perhaps the setting was admittedly anonymous, but the impression from the comments is that he is a poseur and not welcome here. Even his hair was criticized for not conforming to some strict and unwritten rules of presentation. That to me is harsh.

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    I think Venus was quite sober in his remarks and not mean at all - why do you say it's harsh?
                    Originally posted by DRRRK
                    The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                      • Nov 2007

^ these are opinions. there are no so-called unwritten rules. i don't even have any fucking hair to straighten or perm. go outside and grab some fresh air and a beer.
                      LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• pierce
                        Banned
                        • Aug 2009

I think Dannyagency is trying. But like germans trying to make rock music, it just doesn't come out right.

Comment

• Fuuma
                          • Sep 2006

Scarf: Faliero Sarti
                          Oversized sweater: Stephen Schneider
                          Moleskin pants: Stephen Schneider
                          Cordovan boots: Carol Christian Poell
                          Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Venus in Furs
                            Banned
                            • Aug 2009

Castor, when you post photos of yourself on a forum you have to expect people to give their opinion. I wasn't trying to be harsh. Given dannyagency's lack of posts in other areas of the forum, he obviously joined wanting people to see his outfit. I gave my honest opinion, it wasn't intended to be malicious

Comment

• tomatous
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2009

Fixed.

With some notes:
                              1. Never name yourself beauty anything.
                              2. Serious face only when taking WAYWT. Smiles/smirks/grins are not permitted here.
                              3. Cut hair. Or grow it longer for full Christian effect.

Just kidding, of course!

Comment

• Johnny
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Venus in Furs View Post
                                Castor, when you post photos of yourself on a forum you have to expect people to give their opinion. I wasn't trying to be harsh. Given dannyagency's lack of posts in other areas of the forum, he obviously joined wanting people to see his outfit. I gave my honest opinion, it wasn't intended to be malicious
                                it's odd how often this aspect is ignored...in my opinion, it was a pretty measured, bordering on euphemistic, response.

nice fit st. fuuma, apart from shoes, which don't work with the rest imho. shape is too "harsh", when everything else has a softness, and in a good way, "ordinary-ness"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎