StyleZeitgeist

Go Back   StyleZeitgeist > Forums > Culture

Culture Discuss cultural events, literature, art, music, etc.

Old 04-25-2008, 04:18 AM   #41
Diego

Default Re: Videogames

I would love to play against you classique, but I own winning eleven 2008, not fifa08 you should give it a try if you like soccer games. Ok here are some images of upcoming ps3 games, for those of you that are still undecided:</p>

gran turismo 5 (ps3 exclusive)</p><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 11px; white-space: pre-wrap; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px; "></span>

metal gear solid 4 (ps3 exclusive)</p><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 11px; white-space: pre-wrap; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px; "></span>

final fantasy XIII (ps3 exclusive)</p>

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 11px; white-space: pre-wrap; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px; "></span> </p>

tekken 6 (ps3 exclusive)</p>

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 11px; white-space: pre-wrap; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px; "></span></p>

soul calibur 4 (vader is ps3 exclusive, xbox gets yoda)</p>

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 11px; white-space: pre-wrap; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px; "></span> </p>

resident evil 5 (better control, blu-ray format on ps3)</p>

the last remnant (better control, blu-ray format on ps3)</p>

edit- Like I said I own xbox360 elite so I agree that gears of war 2, ninja gaiden 2 and too human are going to be good, but for people that are thinking of buying just ps3 or xbox, I think ps3 is the best option. I have to be fair so here are the 360 games:</p>

too human</p><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 11px; white-space: pre-wrap; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px; "></span>

ninja gaiden 2 </p><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 11px; white-space: pre-wrap; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px; "></span>

gears of war 2 (no pictures found) </p>
Diego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 04:33 AM   #42
Chinorlz

I"m getting pestered about getting an xbox 360... I'm a HUGE resident evil and metal gear solid fan. My friend at school can't stop looking at the new GTA4 gameplay clips either.</P>

For now... I just got a wii hehehe</P>

Damn though... ps3 may just take it with these games. Killer.</P>

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "
Chinorlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 05:04 AM   #43
jsp

Yeah, can't wait for GTA4 to come out. Right now I just play wii sports and game emulators.
jsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 05:57 AM   #44
dji

some great games coming out in the next year or so.</p>

xbox 360 is getting the last remnant, resident evil 5 and soul calibur 4 as well [66]
</p>

some 360 exclusive titles coming out this year worth keeping an eye on are:</p>

Gears of War 2</p>

Ninja Gaiden II</p>

Too Human [73]
</p>
dji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 06:40 AM   #45
dji

haha, I didn't know that there was going to be separate exclusive playable characters on the PS3 and 360 versions of soul calibur 4. I guess that gives the PS3 version a slight edge because Vader is so badass.</p>

as for the PS3 controls being superior, that is highly subjective. I hated using the sixaxis tilt control in heavenly sword and warhawk, and it is more of a gimmick than anything in most of the other games. in regards to the the blu-ray format, if the game is multiformat then it has to be made to fit on a regular dual layer dvd anyway, and I have only seen a handful of titles actually take advantage of the extra storage for special features and the like.</p>

still, both are great systems and the blu-ray playback on the ps3 is a big selling point.
</p>

also love the wii, Mario Galaxy, Zelda and Resident Evil 4 are excellent, and I just picked up Mario Kart. looking forward to Super Smash Bros Brawl getting released here in Australia too.
</p>
Old 04-25-2008, 06:50 AM   #46
Diego

I agree with you and I think the control is something you get used to, I have owned playstation since psx and I thank sony that they didn't change it, the sixaxis sensor mode I used it in Lair and didn't like it but it's there and I think good developers like capcom, namco, square will do some good things with it in the future. We will see about storage limitations when rpgs start to arrive to xbox, right now I own lost odyssey and I hate having to change dvds you know?. One last thing, you can buy games online directly to your console with ps3, I bought tekken online and gran turismo prologue this way, don't know if I can do that with xbox.</p>

My son owns Zelda and resident evil 4 with the gun for the wii and they are great. </p>
Old 04-25-2008, 07:17 AM   #47
dji

Lair was patched recently so you can use conventional dual analogue controls. I don't own the game but I've heard that the game still isn't really worth a purchase, which is disappointing because Factor 5, the studio behind it has, made some brilliant games in the past and this one showed real potential.</p>

I agree that the disc swapping in RPGs can be irritating, 4 discs for lost odyssey is fairly ridiculous. still, with such long RPG titles you are only really looking at a disc change every 15-20 hours [86]</p>

the 360 does have its live arcade service, which has some great titles like castlevania: symphony of the night (also on PSN), alien hominid, ikaruga and geometry wars. for retro titles, the PSN has playstation one titles available to download, and the XBLA service has xbox originals. the wii blows both of the consoles out of the water with its virtual console online store [73]
</p>

one thing that annoyed me about the titles that were released both on PSN and blu-ray was the fact that the downloadable version weren't any cheaper than the physical copies, in fact it worked out cheaper for me to buy gran turismo and warhawk on blu-ray. if you haven't already checked it out, I highly recommend Super Stardust HD on the PSN.

I thought resident evil 4 for the wii was a huge improvement over the previous versions, its going to be hard to go back to standard controls in RE5 after the precision that the wii remote offered.
</p>
Old 04-27-2008, 10:16 PM   #48
ddohnggo

i just saw that ign gave gta IV a 10/10. i must buy a ps3 now.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:08 AM   #49
dji

get it ddohnggo, you won't regret it. it really is as good as the reviewers are making it out to be, I've already sunk nearly 10 hours into it myself despite the fact that I'm supposed to be studying for mid-semester exams [86]
Old 04-29-2008, 06:55 AM   #50
lowrey
ventiundici

<P mce_keep="true"></P>

is there a smaller version of PS3? I'm not very up to date on the new consoles</P>

I also want to get a Wii, just for entertainment. any opinions on it? I havent even tried one but figured it might be fun.</P>

I havent played much games in recent years but Splinter Cell is one series I really like, especially Double Agent was great, so I'm looking forward to the next one this year.</P>

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG
lowrey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 07:01 AM   #51
Diego

Good taste Mike, winning eleven (pro evolution soccer) is the best game.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:13 AM   #52
lowrey
ventiundici

<P mce_keep="true"></P>

yea definately. though I have to say that the 2008 version wasn't super exciting, nothing new really and the game play seems a bit slower somehow. having played it from V.3, I wish it would've improved a bit more. after constantly hearing how much Fifa is improving, it might become an interesting alternative.</P>

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG
lowrey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 07:23 AM   #53
Diego

I'v been playing it since version 6 and think that winning eleven 10 is the best, I always import winning eleven from Japan. In the 2008 version once you max all the players it gets better, and the playstation eye feature is great, you can take a picture and put your face on a player, the only thing that is shit is the online gaming mode, too slow.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:26 AM   #54
dji

the Wii is a great console, especially if you are a fan of Nintendo's first party titles.
</p>

so far there have only been rumors of a smaller version of the PS3, nothing official as of yet.</p>

splinter cell conviction looks incredible, a pretty big departure from the previous games as you are hiding within crowds of people, instead of just lurking in shadows. the first trailer is available here. ubisoft are only releasing it on xbox 360 and pc.
</p>
Old 04-30-2008, 01:09 AM   #55
ddohnggo

my sister ordered me a ps3. now i need to buy gta 4 and lock myself in my apt for a week.
Old 04-30-2008, 01:14 AM   #56
Diego

Good choice bro, I need to check gta 4 myself I'v never played any gta.
Old 04-30-2008, 01:16 AM   #57
ddohnggo

buy it and we'll play online and start the sz gang. or better yet, the ccp gang. BLADOWWWWWWW</p>

edit: diego, read the review http://ps3.ign.com/articles/869/869541p1.html</p>
Old 04-30-2008, 01:22 AM   #58
Casius

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

buy it and we'll play online and start the sz gang. or better yet, the ccp gang. BLADOWWWWWWW</p>

edit: diego, read the review http://ps3.ign.com/articles/869/869541p1.html </p>

[/quote]</p>

Going to pick this up tomorrow. I have Xbox360 though....</p>

</p>

P.S. That trailer on IGN makes the game look amazing.. </p>
Old 04-30-2008, 01:23 AM   #59
dji

nice. you really do need to lock yourself in your apartment for a week, apparently the main storyline alone takes a full work week to complete, let alone all of the side missions and just screwing around.</p>

anyone doing any handheld gaming? I have a DS and I think it has a fantastic range of games. I imported a Japanese PSP back when they were first released, but sold it quite some time ago because I found the games on it to be rather disappointing. There were a few impressive games, but most of them just felt like cut down PS2 titles.
</p>
Old 04-30-2008, 02:06 AM   #60
Diego

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

edit: diego, read the review http://ps3.ign.com/articles/869/869541p1.html </p>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

Ok, checked it, I'll buy it. I guess my wife won't have a problem if I pick up some virtual whores with you guys. Hey Cas, you should get the ps3 my friend.</p>