Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Critic trashes Dan Colen's "Poetry" show at Gagosian art megamarket (err gallery)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fuuma
    • Sep 2006

Critic trashes Dan Colen's "Poetry" show at Gagosian art megamarket (err gallery)

Your ultimate guide to New York for tourists and locals alike. Discover superb restaurants, amazing bars, great things to do and cool events in NYC.

Last paragraph was obviously written by Faust using a new alias:

Certainly Colen’s pieces are textbook examples, but the critical revulsion they’ve prompted betrays a certain myopia. Lately, the art world has been sustained by two increasingly unsustainable contradictions: that it could freely borrow from pop culture without becoming pop culture, and that formerly radical artistic tropes could be recycled ad nauseam without becoming reactionary. But these have always been expressions of wishful thinking—fine-feathered delusions, bound to come home to roost someday. Now that they have, no one should be surprised that galleries are filled with guano. Or as we like to say in Yiddish, dreck.
    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

/\ Awesome. I want to be able to publish things like that! All in due time.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laughed
      • Jul 2009

i was invited to skate the ramp. i was out of town. wished i woulda seen the show though. i sort of agree with the article about dan's work at the same time i do like his work...well i don't know.

Comment

• Fuuma
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by laughed View Post
        i was invited to skate the ramp. i was out of town. wished i woulda seen the show though. i sort of agree with the article about dan's work at the same time i do like his work...well i don't know.
        I be confused.
        Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Tumnus Truck-Tour
          Banned
          • Nov 2009

at least the critic didn't spell it 'ad nauseum.' i don't like all the high-sounding speak in his critique. i'm probably overreacting.

Comment

• laughed
            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
            I be confused.
            I met some kid here who worked for the company that built the ramp for dan. he's also a skater and was one of the dudes who skated the ramp - i used to skate back in my younger days and he was like - dude - you can skate it and meet dan if you want - im an artist - so i was all - ffff yeah! but i ended up having to leave town so i missed the chance....
            i was never a huge fan of dan colen but at the same time it sort of intrigues me because he is well - big.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎