X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kagitsune
    • Nov 2010

the work.

Hey guys, I'm a lurker, occasional poster around here. :) It's my first summer off after finishing design school, and I wanted to share some post-FIT experiments.

Obviously not finished, ready-to-sell designs, more like ideas that anyone with a sewing machine can adapt for their own purposes. (those finished designs are coming later ;) )

This is a cowl-neck blouse made from an upside-down tee shirt. The hem forms the outer edge of the cowl. I cut off the sleeves, sewed up the holes (now the side seams), and removed the neckline and shoulders, making a simple blind-stitch hem. The arm holes are faced slits, angled down towards the front for ergonomic comfort.

Cowl pulled forward.

Cowl pulled back.

I've been playing with tee-shirts for several years now. It's a fun way to quickly try out ideas in jersey knits. I'd like to try this again, but longer (proportion has always been my weak point) and with better tools - most of my supplies are geared towards wovens.

Feedback welcomed and appreciated (including negative feedback - it's useful to me). More later.
    Originally posted by Yohji Yamamoto, on his second Paris show
    From the next collection it became a war. I didn't want a war but too much attack made me fight.' And you are a good fighter, I say, referring to his black belt in karate. 'I am,' he nods.
  • kagitsune
    • Nov 2010

So, I really wanted a pair of lovely tapered cropped pants, a-la YYPH/Y's/Christophe Lemaire (surprised I don't see more of his stuff here). Since I didn't see any for sale in the classifieds, I headed to the the thrift store, picked up some $2 men's pleated pants, and I tapered and cropped the legs myself.

Here's about what I was going for (Lemaire FW2012):

And here's what I ended up with (sorry no WIP pics).

If you want to try this yourself, just undo the hem, then open the side seams up to about mid-thigh. Mark your new side seams, tapering in from the original seam down to your desired width. Stitch up the side seams, hem, and you're done! :)

(p.s. I hope this is okay, but since I don't have 100 posts yet and I'm not going to post a bunch of junk, let me know if you have any pants you want to sell that fit my description. I wear a men's American 34 inch waist, and about a women's medium. Thanks. )
    Originally posted by Yohji Yamamoto, on his second Paris show
    From the next collection it became a war. I didn't want a war but too much attack made me fight.' And you are a good fighter, I say, referring to his black belt in karate. 'I am,' he nods.

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎