X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kompressorkev
    • Dec 2006

Daniel Andresen

(I thought we had a thread on this but I didn't find one when I searched, so here goes)

Daniel Andresen is a graduate from the Royal Academy of Fine Arts in Antwerp, where his brand is now based. He was born in Germany but has been in Antwerp for some time as he worked for Haider Ackermann and Belgian knitwear brand Hilde Frunt. He started his own brand in 2010. Daniel Andresen's work is mainly knitwear and his collections are for men, but since many of the knits are less about structure, I think they could also work well on women.

The knits are complex, often incorporating several different materials like silk, viscose, wool, angora, and linen. There's also a few blazers, bomber jackets, and button-up shirts that mix in knit detailing. A knit + leather combo jacket seems to make an appearance each season as well. Many of the knitwear pieces close with a brass bar that fastens behind horsehair. There were also some nice woven leather scarves a few seasons back. Colors are generally subdued but the palette is a nice mix of dark greys, muted greens, dark blues, reds, and browns. The clothing feels organic and quietly luxurious.

I've been watching his work since about 2009, a little after he did his graduation show from the Royal Academy, and it's nice to see his brand develop in the past few seasons in particular. The lookbook styling is always a bit over-layered for me, but there are some nice pieces that I find easy to incorporate into my wardrobe. Works very well in a casual setting. Although the trousers aren't for me, I have one cardigan that's my go-to whenever it's cold. I think it works really well with Boris Bidjan Saberi especially, and also maybe Cedric Jacquemyn, Y.Project, and Lost & Found.

Anyway, some imagery:

Last edited by kompressorkev; 07-18-2013, 07:58 PM.
  • kompressorkev
    • Dec 2006

Some accompanying imagery. The nature pictures match the brand well. I'm not sure why the swans are significant, but they make an appearance from time to time.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ahimsa
        Vegan Police
        • Sep 2011

Daniel Andresen FW14 on SZ-mag

Photos by Julien Boudet

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Beautiful work. Such an underrated label that works with quiet integrity.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• unwashed
            • Dec 2008

Yes, just saw the image SZ uploaded on IG. Very nice!

Always found the cropped knitted trousers with leather drawstring and the leather knitted cardigan @ darklands very appealing.

Watching his website makes me long for autumn again :)
            Grailed link

Comment

• eleves
              • Sep 2012

Haha I just saw the facebook stuff! The work here looks wonderful and the imagery is great as well!
              Originally posted by Faust
              HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• tenorish
                • Oct 2011

I'm surprised there isn't more talk of him on SZ. He has been producing great work season after season. They chose a lovely location for this shoot as well.

Comment

• Ahimsa
                  Vegan Police
                  • Sep 2011

Work:Space - Daniel Andresen

Photography by Julien Boudet.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by tenorish View Post
                    I'm surprised there isn't more talk of him on SZ. He has been producing great work season after season. They chose a lovely location for this shoot as well.
                    I am as well, especially because he sells well in shops. I think maybe it's because it's mostly knits and most peeps here are into denim and leather.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ahimsa
                      Vegan Police
                      • Sep 2011

Comment

• chandler
                        • Jan 2011

I am a Daniel Andersen fan. Knits are really great, though not a fan of his casual pants w the leather shoe string belt

Anyway ATM yoox has some decent pieces at big discount to what their retail was

Comment

• akkeri
                          • Jul 2012

Anyone know what's happening with Daniel Andresen this year? I bought some lovely drawstring pants in thick cotton today but am guessing they are SS16. I can't find info on a new collection on his website.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Everything is fine.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• akkeri
                              • Jul 2012

Good to know. I was surprised to find his stuff on racks in Australia.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎