X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • croatoan
    • Jul 2007

Hachung Lee

Really nice younger designer from over here in South Korea. This is I guess kind of a preview collection of sorts and at this point is only sold at his shop in Seoul.

Hachung Lee. 1,815 likes. The Official Hachung Lee Page

• croatoan
    • Jul 2007

He is using pretty much all Japanese fabrics and they are quite lovely. I tried a few things on the other day and found the tailoring also to be surprisingly nice. It's hard for me to find things that easily fit me, but his smallest size was spot-on for my body type.

Comment

• croatoan
      • Jul 2007

fit magna caedes: The crinkled fabric is kind of a rough lightweight wool.

What would the gimmick be? Black..? Seems a bit too straight-forward to me to say it is "gimmicky" or anything.

Funny thing is I've been coming to Korea for a while now, spending time at Seoul Fashion Week and such, and have seen a lot of really bad brands. A few have been decent, a few look okay but fits are wonky or use bland fabrics. But this was the first time I could really be excited by the actual product.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

The bad part is that it's more of the same, of course, nothing original at all. The good part the garments themselves do look good. I guess benefit of the doubt is in order. Maybe every country needs their own Forme d'Expression with a little bit of InAisce :-)
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• surver
          • Oct 2007

as this aesthetic gets more and more popularized in (non-japan) asia, we'll only see more and more of the same coming out... china alone will explode with this kind of aesthetic, most of which/whom will only treat it as a trendy 'aesthetic', eventually to kill it for everyone...

but then, i agree with fit magna caedes and do hope that some of these new designers find their own voices and ultimately 'contribute' to the progress of design :)

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

No argument from me.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎