Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MASUGNEN
    • Feb 2009

ALTIERI MUSEAL SCATTERING: Carpe diem Lmaltieri Linea Avantindietro rarities

During years, I've collected Maurizio Altieri's work. It has been a passion of mine. Clinging on to clothing for museal reasons doesn't seem right, and as I soon move I can't bring garments not used. I invoke new life for them. Save these extinct pieces. Hit me with offers. These items have decades for you. They are all well-kept, unworn by me and at most sparsely by previous owners; otherwise condition is described and photographed. Photos are to be seen here. Measurements below are centimetric and approximate.

Red-flashed garments might fit also women.

I. Carpe diem back-zipped boots in subtle, beautiful hues of black, green and brown. This is earth and soil, what growns and goes on it – nature that Altieri enforces in his work like no other designer. Length 29, height 22, heel height 3. Vibramed but sole worn (fixed by routine cobbler operation).

TO RUSSIA WITH LOVE: II. Carpe diem/Linea back-laced cordovan boots. Very serious, perhaps sinister. Black on the outer, brown on the inner; fold the throat for a even more dramatic effect in contrast. Vibramed. Length 30, height 30, heel height 3.5.

III. Avantindietro spiral-zipped cordovan boots. Very elegant and rare. The foremost example of the architectural art of shoemaking. Vibramed. The special round heel gives a very good comfort. One zipping loop has snapped but that doesn't effect functionality. Length 28, height 24.5, heel height 1.

TO THE GRAIL KNIGHT: IV. Linea raw jacket in boiled black, very thick wool. Two inverted pockets. Wear it as it is or cut it to your liking. This is Linea as it is meant. Unworn. Shoulder to shoulder 44, pit to pit 53, length 79, sleeve 70.

SOLD: V. Linea jacket in marbled grey canvas. Inverted collar. Two buttons. Length 78, shoulder to shoulder 44, sleeve 70, pit to pit 52. A second skin, to be worn down. Intentional fraying. A Linea bad-ass classic.

VI. Linea selvedge cotton jacket in beautiful blue/green and black. Throne collar. Thin fabric, very thin zipper (RiRi). Long arms. Length 77, shoulder to shoulder 45, sleeve 80, pit to pit 52.

TO RUSSIA WITH LOVE: VII. Linea coat in grey cotton. Raglan cut. Napoleon pocket. Length 115, pit to pit 52.

VIII. Lmaltieri midnight-blue jacket. Main fabric dry, elongated arms in cotton soft as a cloud. Nehru collar. Two buttons. One inner pocket. Length 80, shoulder to shoulder 42, sleeve 64/80, pit to pit 51. Rare.

IX. Linea dustbag for leather shirt, fully wearble in itself and meant to – due to the drawstring construction for all sizes up to 52. Durable grey canvas fabric. Very rare.

SOLD: X. Carpe diem necklace. All in 925 silver. Length 31.5, brick size 2.7 x 4.7. Testrun of the experimental, early years with smith Mads Kornerup. Ultra-rare. Provenience: long-term Altieri assistant.

SOLD TO A GOOD GUY: XI. Carpe diem ring. 925 silver. Diameter 2.2, adjustable to all your fingers. Testrun of the experimental, early years in collaboration with smith Mads Kornerup. Ultra-rare. Provenience: model working for Carpe diem, then m.a+.

XII. Carpe diem off-white leather jeans. 925 silver buttons. Classic Carpe diem piece. Waist 36, crotch 19, inseam 87, hem 21.

SOLD TO A GOOD GUY: XIII. Avantindietro black trousers in rustic cotton. Similar in cut to m.a+ pants but more slick. Sturdily lined at knee down with grey dry cotton which also lines the top. Very rare. Magnificent piece. Unworn. Waist 41, crotch 21, inseam 86, hem 23.

XIV. Carpe diem midnight-blue cotton scarf, soft as a cloud and irregularly cut like a cowhide. Early work of Maurizio Altieri and Issey Fujita. Sample never launched for production, hence ultra-rare, perhaps unique. Provenience: model working for Carpe diem, then m.a+. Size: 94 x 62.

SOLD TO A GOOD HOME: XV. Carpe diem cream-white cotton scarf, soft as a cloud. Early work of Maurizio Altieri and Issey Fujita. Sample never launched for production, hence ultra-rare, perhaps unique. Provenience: model working for Carpe diem, then m.a+. Size: 33 x 205.

XVI. Lmaltieri T-shirt in two brown cotton fabrics, one soft for arms and sides and for the main body a one with the dry feeling inherent to so many Lmaltieri garments. Raglan cut, pit to pit 46, length 66.

XVII. Lmaltieri cotton T-shirt with seamsworked geometric pattern. Reversible with darker brown inside. Shoulder to shoulder 41, pit to pit 47, length 69, sleeve 17.

XVIII. Carpe diem bag in black cordovan and blue linen. Ingeniously folded, reminiscent of the later m.a+ wallets. A wounderful piece for multiple looks. Size: 35 x 38, strap length 51.

XIX. Carpe diem bag in black and white pieces of leather. Lined in grey linen. Size: 30 x 39, strap length 57.

SOLD TO THE MAN: XX. Double portrait of Maurizio Altieri, abarrently coloured in pink and turqoise. Plastic frame with metal scaffold. Size: 22 x 16. Provenience: Japan.
    Last edited by MASUGNEN; 03-13-2014, 06:07 AM.
Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎