• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: What are you wearing today?

/\ sounds good, laika [U]
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

Last two pages are just amazing.</P>

ddohnggo--I like how you put that together....the Yohji cardigan looks fantastic.</P>

Fuuma--all so good, and you look great in glasses.</P>

Albert--!!!! just awesome</P>

and nairb too....I always love your stuff. [U]</P>

I need to catch up on posting, but can't seem to stay inside with this tempting weather.</P>

Today I am wearing: </P>

long black tiered skirt with tattered ribbons--LIMI feu; black cashmere sweater with very deep v--j.crew; black silk scarf with tangled metal fringe--Ann Dem; black motorcyle boots--Ann Dem.</P>
      <P mce_keep="true"></P>
      <P mce_keep="true"></P>

[/quote]</P>
      <P mce_keep="true"></P>

Do post a pic, I really like LIMI feu and never see people wearing it. Definitely not a case of fashion royalty nepotism, although I'm sure her father'sconnections helped give her a chance.</P>
      Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Buckwheat
        • Sep 2006

nairb - cool shoes. do they have curved toe?</P>

Fuuma - what kind of shoes are those? They look nice</P>

Laika - sound so nice.Want to see the LIMI with the motorcycle boots too</P>
        <P mce_keep="true"></P>
        <P mce_keep="true">White under T</P>
        <P mce_keep="true">White cotton with shadow stripe shirt - APC</P>
        <P mce_keep="true">Brown leather belt - DH (sorry Faust...haven't found a substitute yet)</P>
        <P mce_keep="true">Black cotton diagonal patchwork pants - Undercover</P>
        <P mce_keep="true">Brown leather Adidas trainers</P>
        <P mce_keep="true"></P>

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Nice, Buckwheat. I like how you make the roomy silhouette work - Yohji style! I'd like to see a detailed picture of the pants - I can't see the patchwork (I'm a sucker for patchwork, it's what attracts me to CDG/Junya a lot, and Dirk Schonberger).
          </p>

I'm telling you - sell that DH on Ebay and you'll have money for a subsitutue and then some :-)</p>
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
            • Sep 2006

So nice Buckwheat! I agree with Faust about the roomy silhouette, and I like you break up the stark black and white with brown. You remind me of this terribly cute guy who works at the Yohji store here. [:P]</p>

</p>
            ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• ikomas
              • Mar 2007

buckwheat: your fits are amazing. i salute you. that's how i want to dress
              </p>

</p>

Comment

• Fuuma
                • Sep 2006

Buckwheat: I'll join the fun and say I really enjoy your fits. The shoes are chelsea boots from charles tyrwhitt manufactured by Loakes. They're very classic and understated, which is why I like the,. However here's what I posted (if you don't feel like reading it I'd say the main idea is that for plain chelseas I think RM williams is the best option)answering another person who liked them (on styleforum):</P>

"T4: My shoes are black chelsea boots from Charles Tyrwhitt, they used to have a 50% off for first time buyers and many forum members benefited from that offer. That being said, while they do the job perfectly well and I see no reason to replace them, I think RM Williams is a much better option, even if their offerings are more expensive; there?s an excellent thread on the ?men?s forum? on RM Williams with plenty of links where they can be bought. I?d do a search for Tyrwhitt and rm Williams, these have been discussed a lot before. Again, if my chelseas died in an unfortunate lawnmower accident, I?d also look at offerings by:
                ? Raf Simons (love the rounded toe)
                ? Jil Sander (I really like their footwear, now designed by Raf Simons)
                ? Costume National (some good deals can usually be found on ebay for costume)"</P>

Denim tuxedo today, I can't believe how much color I've been wearing these past weeks, I was more about black/grey/white for the last months and this isn't what I'm posting now:</P>

</P>

Jacket: APC
                tee: Lad musician
                Belt: Baltazar
                Jeans: Dior
                Shoes: converse
                jewellery: S2A</P>

Comment

• ikomas
                  • Mar 2007

</p>

first post here:</p>

cplus summer knit</p>

digawell x DSM tokyo</p>

CDG play </p>

acne</p>

loomstate vans</p>

Comment

• ddohnggo
                    • Oct 2006

fuuma, is your lad t-shirt cut 'normal' length? from what i've read, most lad t-shirts are cut super short.
                    Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• dontbecruel
                      • Sep 2006

Fuuma, do you know if that is a jacket design APC repeated for several seasons? I bought one of identical cut in grey denim from the APC sample shop in Daikanyama. It is stamped "Hiver 2001", but perhaps yours came from a different season judging by how new it looks. I would love another one if they're not too difficult to get hold of because I rather over-shrunk it in the washing machine.

Comment

• pbt
                        • Jan 2007

Fuuma, the style forum thread on RW Williams you refer to (http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=21179) is disarmingly informative. Its seems of a genre other than that of helpful forum post. Frequently could be Charles Kimbote talking, <DIV><SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: verdana; font-size: 12px;">"RMW say that the brass screwed leather sole is replaceable and the brass screws wear down with the leather. Boots of this construction are, of course, suitable as dress shoes. I have confirmed that this is indeed the case with RMW in South Australia. This position agrees with the information on their website and catalogue. A forumite was mistakenly told by an ill informed salesman at the NY RMW store that it is meant only for riding boots."</SPAN></DIV><DIV><BR class="khtml-block-placeholder"><DIV> </DIV></DIV>

Comment

• Fuuma
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="dontbecruel"]Fuuma, do you know if that is a jacket design APC repeated for several seasons? I bought one of identical cut in grey denim from the APC sample shop in Daikanyama. It is stamped "Hiver 2001", but perhaps yours came from a different season judging by how new it looks. I would love another one if they're not too difficult to get hold of because I rather over-shrunk it in the washing machine.
                          [/quote]</p>

To answer questions:</p>

Lad tee: they're rather short in lenght, which I like. You might believe mine looks otherwise but you have to factor in the weird angle I use to be able to take a full body self-portrait in a corridor. My head isn't really huge, my torso overlong and my legs super short and stumpy :) I'm sorry to disapoint Quasimodo fans...</p>

APC jacket: I know they release Levi-inspired repros from time to time. Mine is from 2005 or so, jeans jackets takes a very long time before showing some wear, at least when I'm the wearer. A clearer picture would show it's is somewhat worn in, with arm creases being entirely set. I know they changed the cut a lot, going from very baggy to extremely tight (mine is a medium and I'm a 46-size 1) so I'd be careful about that, they're sized as consistantly as our friend Rick's tees and jackets. I might stop at a shop the carries APC tomorrow, I'll see if they have some in stock, you never know.

</p>

Comment

• CHRIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2006

</P>

i thought it'd be wise to buy a sharp new pair of scissors, rather than an $180 ['laser-cut'] pleasure principle tee!</P>

Comment

• Kodak
                              • Oct 2006

That is prety cool CHRIS. I now have a few ideas I may want to try out. Keep up the good looks. :)

Comment

• sphoxx.
                                • Jan 2007

^^ Def, looks great chris

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎