• Buckwheat
    • Sep 2006

Number (N)ine

I have most of my books and magazines packed in boxes...but I guess
    I should share some old sh*t here. [<:o)] My hands are full of
    dusk now digging through boxes....

I apologize about that little "/> tag thing next to the images I
    posted...I don't seem to be able to get rid of them. [8o|]

So you wonder what Number (N)ine is like before the runway?

scanned from Men's Non-no magazine (July 1998)

[img][/img]

[img][/img]
    [img][/img]

A close up of the designer ???? (Takahiro Miyashita)

Notice the old label tag...

More pictures to come (need more time to scan [B])

• Buckwheat
    • Sep 2006

Re: Number (N)ine

Scanned from Popeye magazine (Dec 2000)

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

wow, this really looks nothing like the current stuff!
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xcoldricex
        • Sep 2006

wow i wish i kept all my old magazines i used to have that knight shirt. another famous shirt they did back in the day was the i heart gotham shirt and the crest shirt with holes in the shirt. amazing how far the label has come though!

Comment

• Monty76
          • Sep 2006

We got some more number (n)ine F/W06 stuff here in Hong Kong... there is this wool cardigan with athickstiched seam on it.. it looks good unbottuned but when itsbuttoned up the ripped seam is too big and looks funny. They have a normal sweaterversion with the same detail also. They also got in this jacket...

brownsfashion.com

I have been lusting over it for awhile, but trying it on and seeing it in person, i thought it was to gimmicky... and for that price i want something that will still look cool in a few years.... I ended buying a pair of slim black jeans with a zipper detail on the legs... and i am still thinking about a one button suit jacket i tried on... its one of the more simpler jackets of the ones from this season but it looks really good...but again the price is pretty steep...

just wanted to share some pictures of the 3-D pocket zip hoody i bought when the first batch on number nine stuff arrived

Comment

• Honey~Blade
            • Sep 2006

Thanks for the scans, Buckwheat!Sweet scores Monty! Did you get a chance to check out the shoes this season?

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Monty, that hoody is sweet. I actually contemplated it as well, also because the price is so much more managable than the rest of the collection, but in the end decided against it.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Monty76
                • Sep 2006

HoneyBlade: They only have one pair of shoes, it was a black suede converse style shoe that was kinda mid-ankle length... i tried them on but didnt like the shape, would rather just go with a pair of jack purcells....

Faust: i think i liked the hoody most because it kinda has a slimming cut while also having the length in the body... i had to buy it after i tried it on...

i went to try on the one-buton suit jacket again... i still really like it but i wore jeans and a kinda short white-t-shirt today and when matched with the short t-shirt it looked like the jacket was too short... anyways its $8,500 of Euro850.. i dont know if i should get the jacket or save the money for a nice leather jacket... i ended up buying a number nine tanktop to ease my cravings...

Comment

• xcoldricex
                  • Sep 2006

i guess the only place you can really buy n(n) at reasonable prices is japan :P figures.

Comment

• xcoldricex
                    • Sep 2006

oh about the shoes this season, n(n) did a boot and redid their converse hi's i'll dig up some pictures.

Comment

• Monty76
                      • Sep 2006

i still havent seen the boots in person but from the show they look a bit too flashy for me.... i have seen the converse hi's they are nice except i found the shape of the toe a bit strange...

how stupid is it to want to buy a black skinny tie from number nine for US$160... its just a plain black skinny tie and i havent stopped thinking about it... i think the reason is becasue i saw some black skinny Raf ties and they were about the same price and i would much rather have number nine then Raf... well i might go buy it... and prove to myself i am a brand whore...

Comment

• Monty76
                        • Sep 2006

ok so i change my mind... i saw the boots in person today and tried them on.. they are brilliant... they are about half calf length and they have two zippers at the back and one zipper at the front which is detachable so that you can turn them into lace ups... i told them to hold them for me as there is only a size 8 and a size 10 left and i need the size 10... i need to see if i can afford the US$1040.00 price tag

i ended up buying the tie and also trying a suit jacket and a shirt.. i liked them all ahahah... damn number nine this season......

Comment

• Avantster
                          ¤¤¤
                          • Sep 2006

Great scans, Buckwheat. It's interesting to see how different the brand was back then. Much more refreshing than all those F*** YOU printed tee's I've seen recently..

Haha, Monty, spoken like a true shopaholic. You must share more pictures. I like that hoody, the 3d pockets are nice.

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Monty76
                            • Sep 2006

Ok so i am seriously considering the boots now... but wanted some advice before i go out and get them... im new to boots, these will be my first pair.. am i better off saving the money to buy a pairfrom poell or carpe diem... or are these also a good investment? any ideas?

these are the boots as lace-ups

and the same bootsas zip-ups

www.firstview.com

i will definitely share pictures if i get them

Comment

• xcoldricex
                              • Sep 2006

i wasn't aware you could remove the front zip, that's pretty dope. i've only seen one pair of n(n) boots before- they looked pretty good in quality. poell/cdiems aren't that much more if you're paying that much for the n(n)'s... and they're different aesthetics so you can't really compare. i had some close ups of the boots but i can't seem to find them now.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎