• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Jil Sander by Raf Simons SS07 - Womens

I thought this was a much stronger show than the last one, which was terrible. There are still some major misses - I don't think many women today will accept the unflattering wide body aesthetic, but some outfits were spot on and within Jil's spirit.

pix from style.com

shiny skirt!!!

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • casem
    • Sep 2006

Re: Jil Sander by Raf Simons SS07 - Womens

I'm jealous, I like this much more than the men's S/S 07. Some of the men's bright colored translucent coats look cool, but they are cut so big I would feel like I was wearing a garbage bag.
    I think the current collection is quite good. I hated it when I first saw it but the cuts aren't quite as generous as on the runway. It is basic but there are a lot of very desirable pieces in stores like the perfect black pants, the perfect white shirt, the perfect 3/4 coat etc. Maybe Raf's idea is to start off with the most basic essentials of a man's wardrobe then build from there? I hope he varies the silhouette more for his next show, I don't want to see the same boxy, drop shoulder cut season after season for Jil Sander.
    music

Comment

• rach2jlc
      • Sep 2006

Agreed! As I'm sure you know from the numbr of Jil threads/posts I've made, I'm a huge fan of Jil Sander. But, I was SO disappointed with Raf's designs and the boxy aesthetic. Yes, the fabrics are gorgeous and sometimes the colors are innovative, but I simply don't want to look like I'm wearing a $2000 coat that doesn't fit.

I look forward to seeing where he will take the aesthetic, but I have to see more before I'll drop the kind of cash required to bring something home.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="casem83"]I'm jealous, I like this much more than the men's S/S 07. Some of the men's bright colored translucent coats look cool, but they are cut so big I would feel like I was wearing a garbage bag.
        I think the current collection is quite good. I hated it when I first saw it but the cuts aren't quite as generous as on the runway. It is basic but there are a lot of very desirable pieces in stores like the perfect black pants, the perfect white shirt, the perfect 3/4 coat etc. Maybe Raf's idea is to start off with the most basic essentials of a man's wardrobe then build from there? I hope he varies the silhouette more for his next show, I don't want to see the same boxy, drop shoulder cut season after season for Jil Sander.

[/quote]

Yeah, that's what Jil was all about, a perfectly cut garment of high quality, not so much about design per se. I remember my first (and last) Jil Sander purchase. It was a pair of black wool pants. Ironically I bought it with a Raf Simons sweater :-). Here is how it happened, I wanted to see how the sweater I was buying would look with black pants, so the salesman brought me a pair. Once I put them on and looked in the mirror I bought them without hesitation at full price.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• macuser3of5
          • Sep 2006

After viewing the runway videos, and watching the clothes move, I have to say I really like the overall aesthetic of both the menswear and womenswear of what Raf is doing. It is so utterlyminimal in execution yet very vibrant and strong. Hopefully Butch Blum in Seattle will stock some of the new line so I can check it out in person.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎