Comment

• Kodak
      • Oct 2006

Re: Aman Copland F/W 2006 & S/S 2007

Comment

• djrajio
        • Sep 2006

The first pic feels very McQueen and that's a good thing. I wish more women dressed like this...sigh...

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="djrajio"]The first pic feels very McQueen and that's a good thing. I wish more women dressed like this...sigh...
          [/quote]

Agreed, the first pic is absolutely perfect, especially the girl in the chair. Gah! Yum!

Who is this guy(girl?), any info, Kodak?

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Kodak
            • Oct 2006

Stephanie Aman and Clare Copland met when they studied fashion at Middlesex University. Aman Copland will make their début appearance at On|Off showcasing their individually made womenswear in the designer exhibition area. Aman Copland is a luxury brand with the delicate end results attributed to the duo’s inexhaustible eye for detail and perfect finish. The garments are always 100% natural featuring silk chiffon, jersey, tuille, velvet, crepe, leather and cashmere. With an almost romantic, feminine feel, this collection will appeal to the woman who looks for a couture accent in her day and evening wear, appreciating the uniqueness of every garment she wears.

Source:http://www.urbanjunkies.com/onoff/0609/exhibitors-list.html

Sorry I couldn't find more about them.

Comment

• Copland
              • Dec 2006

I just wanted to say thanks for your comments on our work!My mum did an internet search of my label and found your blogs, and it was really nice to find out that people liked our stuff!Anyway if any of you want any more info on me and steph, then please do not hesitate to get in touch.Love Clare(The Copland from Aman Copland)

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="Copland"]I just wanted to say thanks for your comments on our work!My mum did an internet search of my label and found your blogs, and it was really nice to find out that people liked our stuff!Anyway if any of you want any more info on me and steph, then please do not hesitate to get in touch.Love Clare(The Copland from Aman Copland)[/quote]

Huh! That's very sweet of you to say hello! Actually, if you could post more pictures from your collections, we'd definitely appreciate it.[Y] For myself, I definitely like the stuff you are doing, leaps and bouns over a lot of stuff we see from established designers.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• implicit
                  • Sep 2006

great looking stuff.
                  i showed the first pic to my girlfriend and she just about died.

any info on stockists?

Comment

• tweeds
                    • Sep 2006

the first pic is certainly very delectable, and their use of fabrics is quite impeccable. love it.

agree with the others, more pics would be great.

SITE | TWITTER

Comment

• xcoldricex
                      • Sep 2006

how about discounts? :D

Comment

• thelion1856
                        • Dec 2006

wow very nice collection. i understand where u say u wish more women dressed like this. The fit looks great and the style is very modernly sexy. Also funny thatStephanie has the same last name as me.

Comment

• interman
                          • Dec 2006

Wow, great looking stuff, and I'm in love with those models. So cute [:(]

Comment

• Copland
                            • Dec 2006

AMAN COPLAND - NEW COLLECTION

Hello again.
                            apologies for not responding sooner.
                            I have just launched my new collection on my website - amancopland.com and wanted to inform all that are interested!
                            Have just finished our exhibition at On|Off during London Fashion week and are about to head off to White in Milan.
                            If any of you are interested aman copland are always up for personal orders of the collection.

Every piece is done using free drawn machine embroidery, so although we can put each piece into production it means that every garment is totally unique - and has been made by us in britain!
                            And the reason for this - "why produce anything that Topshop and the other high street stores can make for a tenth of the price???? there is no point - they will do it fast/better/cheaper than a small independent company like ours, however none of our stuff can be mass produced for vast consumption, their is too much craft involved, we are a company for those who know about clothes and appreciate the finer things in life!!!" well thats how we look at it.

Cx

PRESS RELEASE

?Identity Remained?

Autumn/Winter 2007-08

This is the second collection produced and exhibited by Aman Copland at London?s On|Off event during London Fashion Week.

As with all their creations, the February 2007 collection comprises free-drawn machine embroidery and hand-produced cutwork.

All garments are in either black or pearl, with the subtlest highlights of red, green and brown in delicate thread work. The whole collection is made from 100 % natural fibres with uncompromising quality. Quantities of silk (chiffon, jersey, habotai and tulle) are mixed with wool and black leather, to complement the soft floaty nature of the feminine designs.

What?s the theme of this collection? ? Well, it?s about when you die, it?s about what you chose to become and the preservation of that identity. In death, most people are buried or cremated and their bodies decay until nothing of the human form is left. However, in Palermo, Sicily, in the catacombs of the Capuchin monks, they have embalmed the dead for the last five centuries - and nowadays the place is open to tourists!

The families of the dead used to pay for their loved ones to be preserved in this twisted state and dressed them in their finest gear. This collection takes influence from these dead corpses and ponders the idea of preserving your identity for the world to see, as well as referencing the usual decaying process.

So?what piece of clothing would you decide to die in? Steph and Clare are hoping it might be one of their unique and special pieces??

The collection can be viewed online at www.amancopland.com from 12 February 2007.

Supported by On|Off

BRIEF BIOGRAPHY

Aman Copland is a partnership between Stephanie Aman (RCA) and Clare Copland.

They finally launched their first Aman Copland collection in September 2006 at On |Off, after having worked alongside each other since their college days at Middlesex University. In those days they had a stall at Portobello Road, which resulted in them selling capsule collections to ?Still? on Lancaster Road.

Stephanie went on to the Royal College of Art, winning several awards including the Levi?s Design Bursary, which allowed her to sell her collection in ?Cinch? on Newburgh Street, and her graduate collection sold in Dover Street market. As a student Stephanie designed for Cathryn Avison?s embroidery collections and sold her own textiles through an international agent to companies such as Vera Wang, Calvin Klein, DKNY, Banana Republic, Armani and many more.

Clare Copland left Middlesex in 2003 and joined Lee Lapthorne, helping him set up his companies doll and the On|Off event. She remains one of the integral organizers. As a freelancer Clare has worked with fashion stylists including Gok Wan and Claire Ginzler and prop stylist Emily Hill, working and designing with them for clients such as David Sims for Balenciaga, Italian Vogue, Nicole Fahri, Elle Magazine and various music videos.

Aman Copland is a member of Collective+, a group of RCA graduates which also includes the labels of AminakaWilmont, Rizvi and Rui Leonardes.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎