• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Women's Fragrances

Post what you are using, your favorites, etc. My favorites for women are,

Antonia's Flowers - Floret - this is an absolutely hidden gem that I even rarely like to share with other people :-), but hey, can't be so elitist. The extra money for the perfume is totally worth it.

Annick Goutal - Petite Cherie - smells like peaches and pears, nuff said!

Santa Maria Novella - Gaggia (Mimosa)

Alexander McQueen - Kingdom. My most pop-py choice, but hey, I like it.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

Re: Women's Fragrances

Currently alternating between these two:

Smells exactly like what it's called--wood flour. Like a mix of a carpenter's workshop and a bread bakery. One of my all time favorites

L'eau d'Hiver by Jean-Claude Ellena. Also smells like exactly what it's called, but much harder to describe. Cold and fragile but very soft. [U]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Those look great, laika. I am not familiar (well, I am, but not in personal use) with either brand, so it's interesting to find something new. I am especially intrigued by the winter one.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
        • Sep 2006

Yes, I was very taken by the name alone--winter water.

Here is the website for Frederic Malle. You can even fill out a little questionaire, and they will send you a recommendation. Unfortunately, they won't send samples to NYC, since they have a counter a Barney's; and Barney's only has samples during the holidays.

http://www.editionsdeparfums.com/

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• droogist
          • Sep 2006

Maître Parfumeur et Gantier - they sell these at IF. The pure floral scents are very good, if you're into that sort of thing.

The two you posted sound intriguing, laika. I'm not much of a fragrance user myself - on occasion I will apply a little squirt of Comme des Garçons Odeur 53 or Hussein Chalayan's fragrance for Colette (which hovers between spicy and fresh and is actually quite yummy) - but only when I remember to. [:$]

Comment

• laika
            • Sep 2006

That looks like an interesting line...I will have to check it out. I'm not much for florals, but the well-blended ones can be lovely.

I've always been intrigued by Odeur 53, as the idea of a synthetic fragrance is very appealing. Does it live up to its description? Flashing metal and all that?

Comment

• xcoldricex
              • Sep 2006

i've got a few of the MPG fragrances (none of the florals). don't think they're for me unfortunately... maybe just got some of the odd ones.

L'eau d'Hiver sounds very interesting!! and yes odeur53 does live up to it's description in my opinion - very synthetic and unusual smells like burnt dust on a halogen lamp.

Comment

• nqth
                • Sep 2006

As I remember Eau d'Hiver is green,wet leaves, bitter, slightly earthy. The turns into something sweeter, slightly powdery, but still "cold". It is indeed a very Jean Claude Elena's scent. Simple, clean, chic and "vegan":-)

Comment

• amojojo
                  • Oct 2006

Hi, new here! I love fragrance so I'll start with this.[Y]

Eau de Cartier

My favorite lately, especially for work. So clean and stays close to the body.

Bvlgari: Eau Parfumee au The Blanc

A little more girly and spicy. Musk and white tea, delicious!

L'Artisan Parfumeur: Dzing!

The ultimate in sexy - rubber and sawdust - not totally unlike
                  Bvlgari Black, which I also adore. I'm getting by on samples of
                  this and can't decide whether to commit yet....

Comment

• xcoldricex
                    • Sep 2006

i'm with you on dzing! i was on the fence about it - but i haven't smelled it in over a year. maybe i'll just get a decant? - i think bvlgari black's rubber is far too strong...

Comment

• amojojo
                      • Oct 2006

The Bvlgari Black dries down to a lovely, dirty vanilla on me... but
                      yes the rubber stays quite strong, a very singular note, until the top
                      has all burnt away. I like Dzing! better, it's more complex.

Another really fun scent I am considering is Serge Lutens: Miel
                      du Bois. It's got a raw, animal-smelling honey note at the top,
                      and an incense-wood note that's kind of rough. It's not a pretty
                      scent but it goes perfectly with scratchy wool sweaters and bad weather.

Comment

• goethe
                        • Oct 2006

im with you on serge lutens, amojojo! his fragrances are incredible. i usually wear CDG white... its unusual but lovely. they say the top note is lily of the valley but it smells almost incense-like. i love it! and 10 corso como is always a favorite!!!

Comment

• xcoldricex
                          • Sep 2006

i've gotta try serge, haven't smelled anything by him!

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]i've gotta try serge, haven't smelled anything by him!
                            [/quote]

I've smelled a couple and they were all way too musky for my taste. I don't like to be weighed down by perfume. Maybe when they wear off they smell better.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• goethe
                              • Oct 2006

they are very heavy, esp amber sultan. but they are incredible for the right person.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎