X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tafkap
    • Oct 2006

Jeremy Scott

Does anyone know where to purchase Jeremy Scott clothing online besides sevennewyork.com and yoox?
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Jeremy Scott

I'm sure someone in LA stocks it. Try the usual suspects.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• rach2jlc
      • Sep 2006

Strange that you'd talk on another thread about MJ and Michael Kors being crappy and you want to buy Jeremy Scott??? [:P] (just kidding)

But, in all seriousness, I've never worn his stuff, but what I've seen seems really hard to wear and bordering on garish. If you don't mind my asking, what do you like about his stuff? I don't mean that in a snippy way, but just curious. Like I posted on the other thread about Marc Jacobs, I never liked his stuff at all just seeing on the runway. But, then I bought a few pairs of his pants and really liked the way they were cut. Is Jeremy Scott perhaps similar?Is there something more there that I should be appreciating, because all I think of when I hear his name is:

Comment

• clay
        • Sep 2006

The guy is talented I just don't get him at all. How is he financed? He just seems to burn up someones money on things that , well are just odd.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

It's a mistery, clay. I totally despise the guy. A poorly done copy of Bernard Willhelm, who is often bad to begin with.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• rach2jlc
            • Sep 2006

Agreed. It is still a mystery how they stay in business. The only person I've ever seen wearing Wilhelm (I've never met anybody who owned Scott), was a hairdresser in Japan who had the oddest style I've ever seen, but somehow pulled it off. The garment in question was from a few seasons ago when Wilhelm made those football jersey type smock things with the weird cartoon character, Mickey-mouse print.

I told her that she managed to wear it better than anybody I could imagine, but when she told me it had cost her almost 70,000 yen (about $650), I had to pick my jaw up off the floor. Asgoofy as it is, it is also unbelievably expensive. I'm sure the quality is quite nice, but still...

Comment

• macuser3of5
              • Sep 2006

Well if Seven New York, with 90% of its online Jeremy Scott selection SOLD OUT (wtf) is any indication, people are buying this stuff in droves. It ain't cheap, either. The French fry sweater from the runway was around $350.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

I think he feeds a niche of club-kids, drag-queens, and other looneys that are all about shocking with appearance. i've never seen anything but tshirts and sweatshirts in seven, and fugly ones at that.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]I think he feeds a niche of club-kids, drag-queens, and other looneys that are all about shocking with appearance. i've never seen anything but tshirts and sweatshirts in seven, and fugly ones at that.
                  [/quote]

Yeah, let's face it there's a window of opportunity when you're in your late teens, early twenties to pull off these totally outrageous outfits with style if that's your thing and I think it looks perfectly fine then (it has to suit your personality and lifestyle, that's for sure...). Later on it's unforgivable though...

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                  http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Tafkap
                    • Oct 2006

Jeremy Scott is here.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Whatever. He is a talentless show-off. I want to see that Dior/YSL work you are talking about, all I've seen is gaudy shit and pictures of him in a leopard jockstrap - so fucking talented, I admit. Willhelm staged his first show in 98 and he was already hyped up, so they have similar timelines. He understands American culture you say? Yes, he understands a part of it, the trailer trash red-neck part of it that a normal person will have none of. So what if he is now designing Madonna's costumes? JPG has been doing her costumes for 20 years - is it something to judge his merit by? As for his other activities, well, Jeniffer Lopez acts, sings, and "designs" - do you admire her too? Anyone with a name today can do whatever he/she wants and try to ride that name. And let's not throw around Life, Death, and other 50 cent words, which mean nothing in the context you put it. Until you show me some real work he has done, I'll keep to my opinion, if you don't mind.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
                        • Sep 2006

Gorra agree with Faust on this one. I am gobsmacked that anyone can advocate the talents of a guy who produces a jumper inspired by, nay, in the form of, ahamburger.

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

well he has done some reasonably good pieces in the past. to be fair to him

and actually, he has been working in fashion less than ten years.

the thing is i dont understand why the above writer is so passsionate about him to the point of being negative to others.

why this negativity towards wilhelm ( who is not even an american designer)

i remember one collection he did with beige trenchcoats and brown pinstripe circle skirts that look decent at the time, however to say he is the greatest american designer is a huge stretch ...............and i mean HUGE...........

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• implicit
                            • Sep 2006

he may be a nice guy but that doesn't make him a good designer.

Comment

• rach2jlc
                              • Sep 2006

Look, if you like the guy, that is fine.I have my guilty pleasures as well, but I generally try to explain why I like themrelated to the garments themselves (quality, cut, tailoring, etc.) not how many awards he's won, or how many people think he's hot stuff. Britney Spears tells me that her perfumeis the best thing on earth, as well, but I'll stick toL'artisan Parfumeur or Creed.

Showing me examples of his diversity is going to win me over and change my mind, but going on with accolades and superlatives without showing me anything doesn't cut it. Aside from a bunch of comments about how nice he is (which, as a consumer,I couldn't care less about), I'm still stuck with the image of a french fry sweatshirt.

From whatyou aresaying, it sounds as though Scott may perhaps be a good COSTUMER, but making interesting costumes doesn't necessarily make him a good fashion designer. At some point, one has to wear those clothes out on the street. I'm not going to say that he does nothing well, but from the vast majority that is out there, I can hardly see how he could be described as being afashion"genius." French fry sweatshirts, as interesting a COSTUME as they may be, simply aren't good clothes to wear for 99.9999% of the population.

And, finally, please give us some paragraph breaks in there. Reading a whole block of rant wears me out.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎