X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • casem
    • Sep 2006

Designer's "Signature" Pieces

I was thinking about howmany designers have a signature piece that they do season after seasonand Ithought maybe we could come up with a list of the "must-haves" from each designer we like. It could be something specific or you could be more general about what a designer does well season after season. We could also list what to steer clear from for each designer (let's refrain from bashing though) so people know what to avoid when getting into something new.

Here are mine, some of these I gather from reading other people's posts, so feel free to disagree.

Martin Margiela- Riders Jacket

Dior Homme- Good: Variations on the safari and trench coat show up over and over and are usually good. More generally, the jeans and tailored clothing are great.

Bad: T-shirts aren't worth it, in my experience the dress shirts fit very poorly.

Cloak- Their casual pants are the best, skinny without being too skinny, the perfect replacement for jeans. Can't think of anything specific.

Helmut Lang- Good: Bomber jackets, suits, and button ups are superb.

Bad: Many of the t-shirts aren't worht it, especially the one's with just a logo. Some of the more basic pants are bad.

That's all I can think of for now, feel free to add more. I would be especiallyinterested to hear what people think for Ann Demeulemeester since I'm just getting into her stuff.

music
  • Will
    • Dec 2006

Re: Designer's "Signature" Pieces

Rick Owens little leather jackets and drapey knitwear springs to mind.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Casem, great idea - I've been doing something like that on my blog for a while, so here are some of my picks. Also, people, please try to find pictures of what you are talking about - it'd be so much better!

Margiela - biker jacket

Ann Demeulemeester - boots. Her boots are the best, year in/year out.

Helmut Lang - 3 button molesking coat (doesn't get any more HL than that!)

Carpe Diem - Leather shirt and 5 hole boots

Dries van Noten - embroidered scarves!!! (it's probably the only splash of color I allow myself)

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Rick Owens - anything wrapped/draped/twisted/warped in those heavenly fabrics of his

and antqued treatement leather!

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎