X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kodak
    • Oct 2006

Jil Sander F/W 2007-2008

I will post more pics as soon as they are available.

• Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Jil Sander F/W 2007-2008

Thanks, Kodak. MUCH better. This is exactly what I expected from Raf, not being afraid to bring his own twist. Aaah, I'm glad he is doing the infamous Jil Sander shearling. Lord Buddha knows how many of them I've drooled over.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Kodak
      • Oct 2006

Until there are more pics, here is an article about the showfrom Fashion Wire Dailey

Milan - Jil Sander Digs for Metal

Godfrey Deeny
      January 14th, 2007 @ 00:03 AM - Milan

We know the price of commodities has soared in recent years, but covering most everything in a metallic sheen in the Jil Sander men?s collection shown Sunday morning in Milan did not make this collection significantly more valuable.

The big idea of Sander?s creative director Raf Simons for fall-winter 2007/2008 was using liquid silver and copper finishes on bags, barnstormer flight jackets, Posh Punk brothel creepers and closely woven pullovers. Raf also dreamed up some splendid weekend bags and trendy luggage with liquid silver and faded platinum hues, which are sure to be very influential.

But while novel and technologically ingenious, the collection, inspired by artist Anthony Gormly, was repetitive, albeit luxurious. Simons is a clever designer who cuts with genuine panache, but after three seasons at the helm at Sander he is beginning to repeat himself ? not a great sign.

From his ?clones of himself? model casting, short hair with fringes over the forehead, to the austere minimalism of the clothes, the whole proceedings look, well, not terribly new.

Raf?s other innovation Sunday, the opening day of the five day Italian men?s wear season in Milan was playing about with chalk stripe, though the bright spark who wrote the press release for Sander decided, inaccurately, that these were all pinstripes. They were not. Some of these experimentations were rather cool ? like the barely there window-pane check or spidery chalk stripe midnight blue three-quarters coats and finely tailored cashmere suits in micro chalk. Many were just dull.

With patent leather shoes and all the shiny fabrics, Simons made an unsual foray into the world of showy clothes. But far too often, this collection looked cloyingly familiar, which, in fashion, should never be the case.

Comment

• xcoldricex
        • Sep 2006

nice! particularly like the shearling... but i just bought one. don't need another one... or do i? hahaha.

need pictures of bags STAT.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Kodak"]

Until there are more pics, here is an article about the showfrom Fashion Wire Dailey

Godfrey Deeny

We know the price of commodities has soared in recent years, but covering most everything in a metallic sheen in the Jil Sander men?s collection shown Sunday morning in Milan did not make this collection significantly more valuable.

The big idea of Sander?s creative director Raf Simons for fall-winter 2007/2008 was using liquid silver and copper finishes on bags, barnstormer flight jackets, Posh Punk brothel creepers and closely woven pullovers. Raf also dreamed up some splendid weekend bags and trendy luggage with liquid silver and faded platinum hues, which are sure to be very influential.

But while novel and technologically ingenious, the collection, inspired by artist Anthony Gormly, was repetitive, albeit luxurious. Simons is a clever designer who cuts with genuine panache, but after three seasons at the helm at Sander he is beginning to repeat himself ? not a great sign.

From his ?clones of himself? model casting, short hair with fringes over the forehead, to the austere minimalism of the clothes, the whole proceedings look, well, not terribly new.

Raf?s other innovation Sunday, the opening day of the five day Italian men?s wear season in Milan was playing about with chalk stripe, though the bright spark who wrote the press release for Sander decided, inaccurately, that these were all pinstripes. They were not. Some of these experimentations were rather cool ? like the barely there window-pane check or spidery chalk stripe midnight blue three-quarters coats and finely tailored cashmere suits in micro chalk. Many were just dull.

With patent leather shoes and all the shiny fabrics, Simons made an unsual foray into the world of showy clothes. But far too often, this collection looked cloyingly familiar, which, in fashion, should never be the case.

[/quote]

Wow, that reviewer got just about everything backwards. One, silver/metallic are anything but novel. Two, in case he/she missed the point of Jil Sander as a brand, I would like to remind that it's about reliable, beautifully cut classic pieces, at times with interesting twists. "Dull," - I can say that anything Jil has ever done is dull. Or I can say that it's minimalist. Dumbass.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nqth
            • Sep 2006

I don't think one can call silver liquid or metalic surface effect "novel and technologically ingenious". I think the real innovative now, and rarely done, is to put the metal into the depth, aka, the thread.

I think the clothes look so heavy weighted andboxy. I don't like the shoulder line, the "things" aroundthe neck. Where is the lightness and grace-when-moved JS?

EDIT: I saw the stuffs up closeat catwalking.com so that not all I said above is fair:-)

Maybe it is bc the dakr colour and the details are not seen. Some of the coats has horizotal and vertical cut. The metalic is very discreet. And despite the "stainless steel" surface, it foldes greatly. I guess you can call it luxury:-P

The V neck sweter has a small back collar:-) which is nice, but indeed adding sth to the shoulder line.

Comment

• Kodak
              • Oct 2006

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="Kodak"]

Godfrey Deeny

[/quote]

Wow, that reviewer got just about everything backwards. One, silver/metallic are anything but novel. Two, in case he/she missed the point of Jil Sander as a brand, I would like to remind that it's about reliable, beautifully cut classic pieces, at times with interesting twists. "Dull," - I can say that anything Jil has ever done is dull. Or I can say that it's minimalist. Dumbass.

[/quote]

Also, how can he be that repetitive if he has only been at Jil Sander for 3 seasons.

Comment

• Kodak
                • Oct 2006

Finally more pics

Comment

• Kodak
                  • Oct 2006

Comment

• Kodak
                    • Oct 2006

Comment

• macuser3of5
                      • Sep 2006

Perfect... The shearling is just amazing.

Comment

• mutterlein
                        • Dec 2006

I don't think the reviewer knows what he is talking about.

Comment

• Servo2000
                          • Oct 2006

[quote user="mutterlein"]I don't think the reviewer knows what he is talking about.[/quote]

I would say as much is true. Either that, or he has poor "taste," which is always a possibility.

This season is much better than S/S, everything has improved exponentially, in my opinion.
                          WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Thanks, kodak. I love most of this. If the fabrics are right, I'll be all over this. The black coat is brilliant.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• macuser3of5
                              • Sep 2006

Indeed... It's Raf with better quality control [6]

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎