X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xcoldricex
    • Sep 2006

Leather Pants

Does anyone wear them? How do you pull them off? I still don't know if I could do it or not, and I do not have the ability to even try any on just to see how it'd look....
  • pbt
    • Jan 2007

This ebay listing reproduction contains some persusaive reasons for not wearing leather pants

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Re: Leather Pants

I've been tempted several times to buy a pair. Never tried one on, as I've been turned off by the (stereotypical) gay connotations, and impracticality (think leather car seats, hot in summer, cold in winter). I still might try a pair on to see if I change my mind. I would imagine they'd have to be a very subtle color and cut. My favorite look would be leather pants with chunky knitwear, a la Cloak FW04

P.S. I think leather pants on a right woman is a gorgeous thing [Y]

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Re: This ebay listing reproduction contains some persusaive reasons for not wearing leather pants

[quote user="pbt"]

[/quote]

hah, i remember that thing - it's hilarious.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xcoldricex
          • Sep 2006

Re: This ebay listing reproduction contains some persusaive reasons for not wearing leather pants

haha i just read that ;) after googling leather pants

Comment

• andrewislasorad
            • Nov 2006

I find it funny this thread pops up, on my first day of wearing leather pants ever. I bought these Leather SS 05 Cloak Pants recently.

I must say wearing leather pants feels amazing, you definitly get some looks but who cares I get the same amount of attention when I tuck my pants into my boots. They are also great for the cold weather. I havent had any problems wearing them with my outfits, everything seems to go with them. And they look very masculine, for those worried about looking 'too gay'

-Andrew

Comment

• Casius
              • Dec 2006

Those cloak leather pants are amazing. (I'm looking at a pair of the cotton kind for myself)
              I have always wanted to try a pair of leather pants for myself but like most, just can't bring myself to do it. Maybe some day, when I'm feeling a bit more rock-star-ish.
              "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

I've always been a bit iffy about smooth leather pants. Too rockstar.

I recently came across some Ann Dem leather pants that were AmAZING! Her signature thin broken down leather made the pants just look like some sort of unique fabric. I was very close to getting them hahakha.

Carpe diem leather pants (the heavily wrinkled kind) are also tolerable. I just don't think I personally can pull off the smooth leather versions.

Those cloak ones are solid though!!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• bakla
                  • Oct 2006

I wear them when it gets too cold. I find that the best way to do so is to downplay them by going casual, with sneakers and maybe a tie and sweater, so there's a weird prep dichotomy going on. Also like faust imagines, with chunky sweaters to offset the lean legs although what I thought were really lean on me a few years ago no longer are after a couple of years of increasingly skinny jeans. I've had a pair for over 10 years and they're just perfect when it dips below 30, which, nowadays, is almost never....

Comment

• irrlicht
                    • Jan 2007

i got a pair by carpe diem, thin sheepskin in dark brown..slim like leather pants should be. they are quite comfortable. only wore them out once tho.. i got this constant feeling that they make my ass look like a chick's.. but as far as leather pants go, they'd look good with casual sneakers, low or high top. i paired mine with raf hightop velcro's.

Comment

• Fuuma
                      • Sep 2006

I got a pair of very hardcorecustom-made tight leather pants with a row ofstraps on both legs and a tripple beltthat I haven't worn for years. Someone asked a similar question a few months ago on superfuture and I remembered the pants, took them out of storage and took a few pics, including some when worn. Can't find them now though, stupid search engine!

I think it's possible to pull off leather quite admirably but you have to understand that you're working within a frame of reference that is very charged, whatever that means to you and in which context you're wearing it doesn't matter; it's going to come off as a strong statement regardless. Not that it's a bad thing or anything.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• xcoldricex
                        • Sep 2006

i demand pictures!

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰