X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Casius
    • Dec 2006

Kostas Murkudis

Kostas Murkudis was born in Dresden and studied fashion design at the Lette-Verein School in Berlin. He began his design career in 1985 as Helmut Lang`s design assistant in Berlin. Kostas Murkudis presented his first men's collection for the Japanese market in 1995; the following year saw his show premiere in women's wear in Paris.

The fashion-design of Kostas Murkudis are characterised by an individualistic mix of materials, cuts, forms and classic tailor's craftsmanship. His creations are eminently wearable, despite his experimental approach to traditional materials and the incorporation of unorthodox details. His puristic basic is sexy and his minimalism has an innovative flair.

He was head of design at NewYorkIndustry's Easy Luxury label for two years, which is produced and marketed by Staff International, a subsidiary of Diesel.

In 2003, Kostas Murkudis again started designing under his own label «Kostas Murkudis» and also founded the brand «HALTBAR Murkudis» with designer Kathleen Waibel.

I'm really enjoying his 2007 Mens wear line. The clothing looks comfortable and simple but with great silhouettes. I enjoy the uses of greys and navys in this line.
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Kostas Murkudis

I really, really liked his early womenswear - very well done, a little Langish but less minimialist. One time Opening Ceremony bought his mens stuff and it sucked royally. Cheap materials, and cheap construction (cheap prices though). I think he has genuine talent in womenswear, I'd like to see if he's been doing that lately. He has a store in Berlin now, I think.

P.S. I'm not sure what happened to New York Industry. I don't think it's distributed in the US by STAFF anymore. It was easy, indeed. Sort of like Margiela w/out the quirks.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎