• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Kris van Assche FW 07-08 Paris

Surprised noone posted this yet.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Kris van Assche FW 07-08 Paris

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Overall, I think it sucks. First of all, it's styled horribly, sloppy while trying to be nonchalant, too baggy while trying to be loose. And it's a wonderful example of how NOT to do piping (unlike Ann's show).

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• matthewhk
          • Jan 2007

yeah, this is pretty bad. I've yet to be impressed by a Van Assche collection other than the first, and even that was pretty disappointing off the rack. Some people call his stuff 'classics with a twist,' i call it gimmicky and overstyled.

Comment

• casem
            • Sep 2006

Compared to the last collection (were there even any clothes shown?) this is better, but still not great. The piping is getting old, I don't mind the tailoring so much, I think it's kinda his thing to make formal clothes less formal with slouchy tailoring/styling and I think he does it well. Some of thejackets are neat (I kinda like the plaid one) and the pants with less piping are ok. However, I really wonder who buys this. Anyone know how his business is doing? His name isn't that big and he's not doing anythingreally unique, soI can't see his clothes doing too well in stores.
            music

Comment

• matthewhk
              • Jan 2007

yeah i'd be interested to see what his business is like too...didn't Barney's in NY already drop him?

Yet it seems everywhere I go on the net there always seems to be a few people who are pretty big fans of him...so i guess he is keeping afloat.

Comment

• djrajio
                • Sep 2006

I think the reason why no one posted this collection is because its so bad, probably one of the worst this season. Kris van Assche has always relied on his connections with Dior and the Dior asethetic to push his label and customers looked towards his label to provide that. Now that the whole look is going by the way side, I dunno ifKVA really has the talent to push his own distinctive look. Thiscollection is neither modern nor classic and just seems sloppy and amatuerish.I mean, comeon, candy-colored necklaces? This is worse than the acrylic plastic nut-bolt necklaces he was hawking last season. And the fawks-tuck?! I know some people like the twists he puts on classic garments like polos and blazers but it comes off extremely gimmicky and shallow to me.

Comment

• deuxmille
                  • Nov 2006

I'll have to go with the majority here... this is all very weak. The down coats are simply horrible and, like Faust pointed out, the styling all wrong.

I don't think he has ever put out one item that I liked and it seems to be the case once again.

Comment

• mass
                    • Sep 2006

so dissapointing. on the contrary i have liked his previous collections... i thought he got better with each season (except for the american gigolo one. i guess that makes sense) and was looking forward to seeing if he would 'break out'. i liked a lot of his individual pieces in the past, but not the gimmick pieces esp from the first season ie. the shirts with the ties or rolled up sleeves etc. also his stuff fits pretty weird and is way too expensive.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎