• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Lanvin FW07-08 - Paris

Also a big meh. Kind of shapeless. I'm sure quality will save this in stores.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Lanvin FW07-08 - Paris

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

with the price points people are mentioning for Lanvin in the shopping thread, I'd love to know how much the "converse" shoes/sneakers are gonna cost!

How does Lanvin get away with their prices? Who is the head of their design dept? It's just all sort of average stuff really. Not great, not terrible....

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• macuser3of5
          • Sep 2006

^^ The low-tops from last F/W season were $400-$500, IIRC. It is incredibly well-made, though. Something as simple as a cotton poplin is decadent.

I'm not sure entirely what Elbaz's role is, as a designer or creative director/collection editor.

Comment

• laika
            • Sep 2006

Menswear designer at Lanvin is Lucas Ossendrijver. The quality is absolutely astounding.
            ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Johnny
              • Sep 2006

I got a shirt from AW from DSM in the sale, and it really is lovely. It's a very dressy shirt, with pleated bib in mid great, pale grey doby and white collars and cuffs. There are two pearl (i.e full, spherical pearls) buttons atthe top. I washed it and didn't iron it and it looks nice: decadent shabby chic.

Comment

• nqth
                • Sep 2006

I am wondering if you will find pearls in this collection Johnny:-))

YSL does Yamamoto, Lanvin does Raf Simons, Raf Simons does Jil Sander. The world is going mad.

Comment

• bakla
                  • Oct 2006

Last year the Lanvin store was positively ransacked by NY fashionistas! The sneakers are amazing, though, although pricey at around $550 for the patent toed ones last year (they never made it to the US, but I have a few friends who are constantly stopped when they wear theirs). Funny, I was wondering if wearing my kicks this way would be too hip-hop, but I really liked the look and hunted down the perfect pair for months (didn't get them, as I wanted Y3s in my size, but they ran out months ago planet-wide. Ended up with Creative Recreations. But I digress). Now it's mainstream designer. Guess I might consider the Lanvins for next fall!

Love the laid back luxe of this collection. it's not the most fashion forward, but it's certainly very stylish. It's like the new Gucci/LV/Hermes for the aughts.I may not wear it myself, but I would love it if people looked more like this.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

I am posting this not because of the stupidity of this review(er) (who at the same time manages to laud feminization of mens fashion and say that roomy track pants are more "probable" for guys than the skinnies - I really wonder how much he gets paid and why), but for the description of fabrics.

Lanvin: The Thrill Of The New Men?s Tailoring

Godfrey Deeny

January 28th, 2007 @ 00:21 AM

Will
                    men wear fabrics like duchess satin, a material normally restricted to
                    haute couture, where the world?s richest women have their clothes
                    custom made? Will they don fuchsia high-tops, or shirts with collars
                    buttoned down by pearls? Will they step out in cashmere micro twin
                    sets? Nothing better sums up the femininization of men?s fashion than
                    the Lanvin men?s collection shown Sunday morning in Paris, the most
                    thought provoking clothes available for guys anywhere in the world
                    today.

Just like in women?s fashion, where the most sought after
                    invitation is Balenciaga where less than 150 people are invited, so in
                    men?s at Lanvin, where less than 200 filed quietly into the Hotel de
                    Crillon to sit under the giant Bohemian chandeliers and the on top of
                    the Aubusson carpet in the super opulent Salon des Aigles.

But where the décor was resolutely classical, the fashion was avant
                    garde; how often have we seen a tuxedo paired with jogging pants or
                    high-tops in ?liquid copper? leather?

Cut with a slim, yet realistic silhouette where the jacket is snug
                    yet shoulder round, and made of highly innovative fabric ? shrunken,
                    pre-washed leather that looks like aged steel, or cashmere crushed for
                    a finish like the walls of an 18th century mansion ? this was a
                    wonderfully novel collection.

And, where a trio of labels showed leggings for men in Milan,
                    Lanvin presented flat front track suit pants, in a far more probable
                    take for guys.

Micro cardigans in faded gray, Clongowes Wood College purple silk
                    party shirts and snazzy spy coats in faded putty leather, all had a
                    great sense of arty luxury. That?s what has made Lanvin under Alber
                    Elbaz into a must-stop-at destination for Hollywood?s coolest
                    actresses. Now, Elbaz and the house?s men?s wear designer Lucas
                    Ossendrijver are achieving the same thing for men.

They led the whole current obsession with metallic hued shoes that
                    is sweeping Milan and Paris, yet they are also smart enough to keep
                    ahead of their own trends. Many in the audience wore Alber?s signature
                    bow tie. But Lanvin has already moved on ? showing gros grain stocks
                    with diamond studs. Let?s make it official: this is the tie for fall
                    2007. And Lanvin the must-acquire collection. To top it all, Lanvin`s
                    Faubourg St. Honore store has some of the best window dressing we have
                    seen for a men`s collection in a while: the Lanvin summer collection is
                    worn with clown masks and bowler hats.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nqth
                      • Sep 2006

>how often have we seen a tuxedo paired with jogging pants

How often WILL we see that in Lanvin next winter?:-)

>Many in the audience wore Alber?s signature bow tie.

He should add "and I was wearing Lanvin from head to toe (and my undies, too)" hihi.

But seriously,using of luxuries fabrics (and treating them for worn out looks) for basic is not very new, but very very welcome. I was quite surprised when I saw more chanllenging silhouettes, tho. I thought Lanvin would stick to classic, cute-borgeous-soft-skin look this SS07.

Comment

• Monty76
                        • Sep 2006

Just wanted to post some of the detail pictures from Vogue...

I really like the charcoal, metallic greys in the show... the flowers would be a do-able accessory is they werent so gigantic... wonder if they will actually produce them or if they were just for the show....

Comment

• macuser3of5
                          • Sep 2006

That last shirt with the metallic collar is mine.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎