X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Casius
    • Dec 2006

Patrik Ervell F/W 07

Can't say I am too excited about this collection. It looks a little too 'back to school' if that makes sense. The fit also seems overly boxy to me.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"
  • Servo2000
    • Oct 2006

Re: Patrik Ervell F/W 07

Hmm... dissappointing, at best. A lot of rehashed pieces, by my eye, that fit very poorly. None of the interesting fabrics or details from the past seasons to be seen from these samples either. The hooded-thing from the first pictures looks like it might be interesting, but I can't really tell.

Pity.

WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• casem
      • Sep 2006

I agree, I liked SS 07 much better. I know oversized outerwear is popping up everywhere but I still just can't into it, I appreciated his more tailored looks from past. It's not all bad though, the red motorcycle jacket is kinda cool (though not too creative) and some sweaters look nice.
      music

Comment

• casem
        • Sep 2006

Here are my favorites:

I like the layering of Nylon througout the show, but that's more clever styling than creating unique pieces.

I like this blazer, but I think Cloak did it better...

And this sweater, which shows up in a few different colors, looks nice.

music

Comment

• deuxmille
          • Nov 2006

The nylon thing is done by everyone now. It was in the marni show too and it pops up everywhere. I like the look, but it's not really nice to wear.

Also, that last blue sweater looks like a mix of cloak and jil sander from fw06.

Comment

• bokbok
            • Jan 2007

a bit disappointing overall....none of the interesting fabric usage or tailored cuts from past seasons....

Comment

• julian
              • Feb 2007

I think patrik ervell f/w 07 is wonderful and amazing. Large volumes on top. Very directional. He was pushing the nylon/tech thing before anyone else. Look at his previous seasons...

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="julian"]I think patrik ervell f/w 07 is wonderful and amazing. Large volumes on top. Very directional. He was pushing the nylon/tech thing before anyone else. Look at his previous seasons...[/quote]

I don't mean to tear you up on your first post, but, "Large volumes on top" is something that Raf Simons introduced. And the nylon/tech thing, well Prada has beaten it to death with her Prada Sport line.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• julian
                  • Feb 2007

I'm just saying.. it seems like nylon/tech-y fabrics are part of the core identity of his brand and not some seasonal fashion fixation. I think thats really exciting, especially in America. With the exception of maybe Thom Browne, I think Patrik Ervell is one of the only interesting menswear designers in the US. And really the only one who is doing something modern. I don't know why people mourn the death of Cloak. That aesthetic was dead a long time ago.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="julian"]I'm just saying.. it seems like nylon/tech-y fabrics are part of the core identity of his brand and not some seasonal fashion fixation. I think thats really exciting, especially in America. With the exception of maybe Thom Browne, I think Patrik Ervell is one of the only interesting menswear designers in the US. And really the only one who is doing something modern. I don't know why people mourn the death of Cloak. That aesthetic was dead a long time ago.[/quote]

Sorry man, but it's all Emperor's New Clothes to me - his stuff is pretty banal. Nylon is identity of the brand, fine - CDG has been doing nylon and polyester for years - don't tell me that it's some kind of a fashion breakthrough. Cloak had a clear direction and a strong unmistakable aesthetic - and it was fresh. People has either done rock'n'roll, or sartorialism, but never have they combined them together in the way Alex did. Ervell looks like bland Menichetti (and I thought it was hard for Menichetti to get blander). I don't know who Ervell's backers and PR are, but they've certainly been doing a great job.

It pains me to see such mediocrity get lauded. It only speaks of lowering our standards as judges of taste even lower.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• julian
                      • Feb 2007

Cloak was fresh? My god, are you kidding me? Look at what a hairdesser in the midwest is wearing or wants to be wearing and I assure you its Cloak, Libertine, Dior Homme. Its pathetic. Yes, Cloak had a simple brand identity. But it was a simple brand identity for simple people.

Ervell has a smarter customer than that. He's brilliant, end of story.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="julian"]Cloak was fresh? My god, are you kidding me? Look at what a hairdesser in the midwest is wearing or wants to be wearing and I assure you its Cloak, Libertine, Dior Homme. Its pathetic. Yes, Cloak had a simple brand identity. But it was a simple brand identity for simple people.

Ervell has a smarter customer than that. He's brilliant, end of story.

[/quote]

Well, if YOU put it that way, who can argue further?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• julian
                          • Feb 2007

Sorry if that was rude. Just feel strongly about the new menswear in New York. Its finally doing something valuable. Thom Browne, Patrik Ervell, Adam Kimmel and now also Kim Jones. These people are the leaders of menswear in New York.

Comment

• soultek
                            • Feb 2007

Personally I like my Ervell jacket a lot, but the potential brilliance of any designer can get seriously marginalized with lackluster production standards.

(lost another button off my jacket since I posted about my jacket in another thread, 1 button is forgiveable, 2 is annoying, but 3 is becoming problematic..)

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="julian"]Sorry if that was rude. Just feel strongly about the new menswear in New York. Its finally doing something valuable. Thom Browne, Patrik Ervell, Adam Kimmel and now also Kim Jones. These people are the leaders of menswear in New York.[/quote]

It's Ok. It wasn't neccesserily rude, just not conductive to discussion. I feel strongly about lack of talent in New York in both menswear and womenswear, but I won't hold on to straws. I don't like either of the three you champion - they are just OK. Yea, they are better than Perry Ellis and Ralph Lauren, but that's no measure of standard. Cloak was the only strong menswear brand that came out of the US in the past years. It's not Alex's fault that GQ decided to blow him up and now mid-Western hairdressers wear his stuff. Maybe Robert Geller can bring something more, his stuff seemed decent.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎