• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nambla
    • Sep 2006

Help me promote my clothes.

I've started my own line
    www.MACABRE.se , some of the clothes is up and I would like to share it with you. The problem is I don't have a showroom or anything like that so Im planning on sending out lookbooks on a customized CD for selling. If you feel you would like to help me promote my clothing in your city / wherever please, help me out by simply PM me.
    regards
    R

• Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: Help me promote my clothes.

Beautiful styling and designs R. This is a more refined version of your first collection!

Congratulations!

I'd love to see detailed shots of the jacket in the closeup photo where you can only see the model's shoulders and head in profile form.

Unfortunately there's next to no market for your work in Boston... although Berlin may be a different scenario. Once I get there and get an idea of the stores and such in the area I may drop you a line.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• sbw4224
      • Sep 2006

Awesome stuff, R! Unfortunately I don't have any contacts, but I do want to give you encouragement. Is anything available for personal orders?

Comment

• keith
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="nambla"]I've started my own line
        www.MACABRE.se , some of the clothes is up and I would like to share it with you. The problem is I don't have a showroom or anything like that so Im planning on sending out lookbooks on a customized CD for selling. If you feel you would like to help me promote my clothing in your city / wherever please, help me out by simply PM me.
        regards
        R

[/quote]

Seriously dude, a line called Macabre and a user account called Nambla? "Look, we're called Macabre, and everyone is dressed like my vision of a 16th century executioner! Ready-to-wear for the LARP set, axe and chain mail not included!"

Fucking hell. I don't usually go off on people like this, and your styling isn't that bad this time around, but you're going get laughed out of every store from New York to LA and Winnipeg to Mexico City with a name like that.

Comment

• kavaj
          • Sep 2006

It's just a name, relax!

The clothes speak for themself I think. I don't mind the name, and it's not like he has some big logos or anything.

And the username here on the board has nothing to do with his line, wtf? I hardly think R will call himself nambla when he is dealing with his customers.

Comment

• nambla
            • Sep 2006

I imagine you reffer to the sweater-cape with multiple belts and I can see where you're going however I don't believe the name of my brand will be the fall of it. The clothes on the site is not all of the clothes in the collection. Most of the pictures on the website are kind of monotone and dark and I can imagine that the brand name doesnt make them any lighter to some people. However I am not a pig slaughtering boy-fucker

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

I did always wonder why your username is nambla given the organization with the same acronym [:P]

Looking forward to seeing more photos of your designs. The woven leather hoodie stood out from last time!

Also wondering how you made the boots from the first collection. Was it a reworking of an existing pair or did you make one from scratch (and how! I'd LOVE to learn how to do that)?

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• nambla
                • Sep 2006

nambla is not a serious nickname and has never been. afraid there won't be any more photos for you to see except for stores who will recieve the lookbook on a cd. the boots was a remake but i know how to make boots and i have the proper machines and materials for it. planning on doing it SS08 we will see. I will have to seek help too it's not an easy thing to pull off.
                making shoes is a form of art and takes years of training.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

So, I had to google NAMBLA to see what this is all about (I know, innocent me). Eeesh, nambla, why in the world would you pick a name like that? Shock value? Is it some kind of a manifestation of being a rebel? I got news for you, being a rebel is over. It is no longer a commercially viable cultural identity, unless you are at the mall. Definitely not a good way to promote clothes.

As far as the work itself, some of it is not bad. Good luck with it.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• designersheep
                    • Oct 2006

I thought he was just a member of the National Association of Marlon Brando Look-Alikes.

Comment

• nambla
                      • Sep 2006

ahaha designersheep. i love that episode.
                      faust it is from a south-park episode and i cant see how you associate my brand with it.
                      relax

also, you will have to understand. the pictures on the website is to make an impression. It is not all the garments I've done and they are certainly not the most commercial ones.

Comment

• kavaj
                        • Sep 2006

I still don't understand how you can relate his name on this board to the brand. That's just silly.

Yeah sure, I can understand that the name Macabre is a bit too much...

It's a shame that this thread got all this talk in it. I would like to see more talk about the actual design and the clothes.

Comment

• Servo2000
                          • Oct 2006

Some of it's interesting. Is everything styled your design, or are there other elements introduced?

Also, for the website (this is going to be an incredibly minor thing but it's something I've learned to live by) there's something to remember called the "three clicks" rule. It should never take more than three clicks to get to what you're looking for, and to get from the main page to your collection it's five. It may not seem like much, but it's a rule of thumb for a reason. You'd be surprised at how many people become frustrated at the fourth click and simply don't continue. I'll try and find some of my webdesign books and see if I can find the exact drop-off rate as "clicks" increase. You could cut it down to at least 4 by having the FW/07 link head directly to photos. Also, in my opinion, unless you're a fairly well-established site / brand, pop-ups should be avoided. Marc Jacobs can get away with the giant pop-up (even though it still makes me want to kill myself) because people know what they're getting themselves into, where as with your new brand they haven't decided whether or not your site is worth a "pop-up" since they haven't seen your work before. Overall, they tend to be irritating and are unneccessary.

Don't ever slack off on your website either when your first starting up, since you don't have a showroom or much exposure I imagine most first introductions will be by word of mouth, and the only information they'll likely find will be from your own site, so keep it updated. I'm sure you know all this, but I'm trying to help out with the design side since I can't with the actual expansion.

Where are you located? There might be like one, maybe two stores tops here in San Diego that I could drop the CD by or try talking to, but I seriously doubt they'd be interested in this sort of thing. Sorry I can't help more, Nambla. You should talk to Albert, maybe he could sell your stuff through his webstore!
                          WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• nambla
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Servo2000"]Some of it's interesting. Is everything styled your design, or are there other elements introduced?

Also, for the website (this is going to be an incredibly minor thing but it's something I've learned to live by) there's something to remember called the "three clicks" rule. It should never take more than three clicks to get to what you're looking for, and to get from the main page to your collection it's five. It may not seem like much, but it's a rule of thumb for a reason. You'd be surprised at how many people become frustrated at the fourth click and simply don't continue. I'll try and find some of my webdesign books and see if I can find the exact drop-off rate as "clicks" increase. You could cut it down to at least 4 by having the FW/07 link head directly to photos. Also, in my opinion, unless you're a fairly well-established site / brand, pop-ups should be avoided. Marc Jacobs can get away with the giant pop-up (even though it still makes me want to kill myself) because people know what they're getting themselves into, where as with your new brand they haven't decided whether or not your site is worth a "pop-up" since they haven't seen your work before. Overall, they tend to be irritating and are unneccessary.

Don't ever slack off on your website either when your first starting up, since you don't have a showroom or much exposure I imagine most first introductions will be by word of mouth, and the only information they'll likely find will be from your own site, so keep it updated. I'm sure you know all this, but I'm trying to help out with the design side since I can't with the actual expansion.

Where are you located? There might be like one, maybe two stores tops here in San Diego that I could drop the CD by or try talking to, but I seriously doubt they'd be interested in this sort of thing. Sorry I can't help more, Nambla. You should talk to Albert, maybe he could sell your stuff through his webstore!
                            [/quote]

Everything is my design and the things on the website are not everything as written. For example this piece is in the lookbook aswell:

Thank you for the ideas regarding the website. However I don't think I should rebuild the website on those terms (except for maybe the pop-ups) because then it will LOOK like its a newly started brand and can only promote itself through its website. But of course I should keep it updated and well-informed. Having any concrete ideas? please let me know. I am not going to sell my clothes at a larger scale neither in many shops, only selected ones. Everything will be kept modest.

I will definately get on to the popup thing when I get to talk to the website manager

Comment

• nambla
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="nambla"][quote user="Servo2000"]Some of it's interesting. Is everything styled your design, or are there other elements introduced?

[/quote]

Everything is my design and the things on the website are not everything as written. For example this piece is in the lookbook aswell:

(how the hell do u insert a picture?! doesnt seem to work... )

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/namblaa/examm-1.jpg?t=1171706281

Thank you for the ideas regarding the website. However I don't think I should rebuild the website on those terms (except for maybe the pop-ups) because then it will LOOK like its a newly started brand and can only promote itself through its website. But of course I should keep it updated and well-informed. Having any concrete ideas? please let me know. I am not going to sell my clothes at a larger scale neither in many shops, only selected ones. Everything will be kept modest.

I will definately get on to the popup thing when I get to talk to the website manager

[/quote]

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎