X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

Junya Watanabe F/W 07-08

Please bear with me while I post a boatload of pictures....I've been waiting for this all day.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

Re: Junya Watanabe F/W 07-08

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• laika
      • Sep 2006

Comment

• laika
        • Sep 2006

Comment

• laika
          • Sep 2006

{all from style.com}

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

thumbs up! some fresh interpretations on the mc jacket. and i like that he started doing mens/womens similarly.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Seventh
              • Dec 2006

I really like this, it seems both refined and rough. Everything looks casually thrown on, but falling, draping and twisting just perfectly. I also like the hardness/toughness of some of the looks, it has a lot of punk in it, but it doesn't feel young at all (I could see a sixty year old looking great in this). It is great that both the men's and women's share a common theme. I am really falling for Junya (I just will pretend mens spring 07 never happened...)

Comment

• Monty76
                • Sep 2006

Wow... all the looks with the cardigans are perfect... there are so many beautiful, unique and wearable pieces... lucky girls this coming FW

Comment

• xcoldricex
                  • Sep 2006

i'm so jealous of the girls....

Comment

• darkanimal
                    • Sep 2006

Finally something inspiring for FW07, this and Rick.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]i'm so jealous of the girls....
                      [/quote]

I KNOW! I was going to say that in the Ann's collection thread.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

From Cathy Horyn's blog,

"If an editor looks at a show and gets that warm, contented feeling ?
                        ah, things to wear! ? that?s usually a sign that the designer hasn?t
                        really pushed himself. Such was the case this morning at Junya
                        Watanabe. There were great leather jackets and deconstructed skirts and
                        slim black dresses, many cut in a twist around the body and worn with
                        leggings and black ankle boots. The look was cool and down-to-earth,
                        not unlike what Watanabe does for his men?s shows. But ask yourself: Is
                        this why you need a maverick designer? Is it sophisticated enough?"

HUH? Yes, I'd like things that I could wear, thank you very much. Since when wearability became a sign of talentlessness? She must've loved the CDG show then...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                          • Sep 2006

I read this too....I generally disagreed with her reviews this year. Did you notice, I don't think the NYT even reviewed CDG!?

I'm having a hard time being objective about this show, because i just love it so much. It's very close to what I was hoping for--still aggressive, but softer. I want to wear almost everything here. (Although, I must confess, I pulled a faust and didn't post what I didn't like--i.e., the head-to-toe leather looks.)

I was kind of expecting there to be more criticism here though, especially since people thought the men's show was lazy; and because this isn't quite as spectacular as what he's pulled in the past.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

I read this too....I generally disagreed with her reviews this year. Did you notice, I don't think the NYT even reviewed CDG!?

I'm having a hard time being objective about this show, because i just love it so much. It's very close to what I was hoping for--still aggressive, but softer. I want to wear almost everything here. (Although, I must confess, I pulled a faust and didn't post what I didn't like--i.e., the head-to-toe leather looks.)

I was kind of expecting there to be more criticism here though, especially since people thought the men's show was lazy; and because this isn't quite as spectacular as what he's pulled in the past.

[/quote]

Yea, that was weird that they did not review CDG. Junya always does so much better for women though, despite the fact that he began putting out side-by-side collections (probably a good business decision, too). I think for me it's the amount of work that goes into the womens garments of his - there is always much more going on sartorially.

About Cathy, well, at least she was cold about the Balenciaga show, because if she gave THAT a good review, I'd be laughing my ass off. But her "street rumble" comment on the Balenciaga show could get killed by someone more politically correct, especially after Guy Trebay wrote the collection off as pretty incensitive considering the not so distant in the past Paris riots.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Servo2000
                              • Oct 2006

[quote user="laika"]

[/quote]

It's not amazing in any other manner except for the fact that I love it, but my new goal is to find a girlfriend who dresses exactly like this. Wish me luck. The whole street x polka-dot dress x boots x assymetry etc... in these outfits just says "I am the best person in the world" to me. I mean, if I saw someone wearing this walking down the street, if they weren't basically the coolest person I'd ever met I would be severely dissapointed. Completely random aside over.
                              WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎