Bless Women's S/S07

• sbw4224
    • Sep 2006

Re: Bless Women's S/S07

Comment

• Casius
      • Dec 2006

Wow, I like this alot and I'm usually not too excitied about Bless' clothing. It's look rather 'cute' to me.
      "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• mic
        • Sep 2006

i like the styling except from the baggy dropped pants. usally im not fond of clothing like this - cute and innocent, but somehow i kind of like this. i would never look at the clothes in store though.

Comment

• deuxmille
          • Nov 2006

I know this thread is fairly old, but since I had the chance to finaly check it out in stores, I'll bump this.

I think this collection is pretty weak. I didn't like most of it, and what I liked I wouldn't wear. The pants have a weird cut that doesn't drape well IMO, the shirts are alright, but they kinda look silly on their own. The bags are nice and HUGE! The prices are also getting out of hands. The cheapest trousers were around 450$ going all the way to 800$. The shirts around 350$ and the bags between 300$ and 500$. At those price points, I expect better. I'll wait for FW07-08 to buy anything.

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

[quote user="deuxmille"]I know this thread is fairly old, but since I had the chance to finaly check it out in stores, I'll bump this.

I think this collection is pretty weak. I didn't like most of it, and what I liked I wouldn't wear. The pants have a weird cut that doesn't drape well IMO, the shirts are alright, but they kinda look silly on their own. The bags are nice and HUGE! The prices are also getting out of hands. The cheapest trousers were around 450$ going all the way to 800$. The shirts around 350$ and the bags between 300$ and 500$. At those price points, I expect better. I'll wait for FW07-08 to buy anything.

[/quote]

This is linda nice, some of it Cool, other pieces a bit absurd.

I have never really been a fan of their work, even though i really want to like them. I like their concept and thier way of doing business, the problem i have with them is their inconsistenc. this often comes in various manifestations. one of which is the quality of the clothes they produce, .in the same collection there can be some peices made of great fabrics and others that are really crappy. i saw some pieces last year at Seven NYC that were just horribly made, with really bad stitching in the wrong TEX (weight+ strength) thread for that fabric............

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• deuxmille
              • Nov 2006

/\

I'm usually a pretty big fan of Bless, but this season really doesn't do it for me. The clothes are very gimicky; last season is was nets, this season it's holes, next season it's not as noticable but it's puffy materials. I like their way of doing their things too though.

On the other hand, I have never had any problems with their quality. All the garments I have from them have held up well and didn't have any weak stitches (unlike RO!). Maybe it wasn't the case on the pieces you saw at Seven since what they have there is not really recent (they have a bunch of things from a few previous seasons). It's a fairly new thing for them to be producing full collections, so maybe that's why... the prices are getting way out of hands here, that worries me a lot. It's pretty much almost as high as Raf Simons now.

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

Some more Bless....(from Lift)
                "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎